Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tickets for this going dirt cheap on viagogo etc if you're looking for a late purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

xkat11 wrote: »
    I didn't know that, I assumed there was one here as well... This is my first TSwift concert!
    I think we were the only ones who didnt get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Carol25 wrote: »
    The pictures from the Seattle concert last night look amazing :) She had no special guest that night, so there is a chance none in Ireland. However there's an equal chance someone may appear! The production and digital imagery is supposed to be excellent, hopefully we'll get decent enough weather! :)

If we get one my money is on HAIM

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Beagslife

During her Big Weekend set in Swansea she mentioned her upcoming June gigs in the UK. 2 nights in Manchester, 2 nights in Dublin (Croke Park even) followed by 2 nights in Wembley!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Beagslife wrote: »
    During her Big Weekend set in Swansea she mentioned her upcoming June gigs in the UK. 2 nights in Manchester, 2 nights in Dublin (Croke Park even) followed by 2 nights in Wembley!!!!

But she did start that by saying she was gonna be in the UK for the month of june.....
    Oversensitive a bit, but ........ :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

The tickets to the show on Saturday must have sold horribly! They gave away 10 tickets(yes ten!) to one person on RTE 2FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

DylanB85 wrote: »
    The tickets to the show on Saturday must have sold horribly! They gave away 10 tickets(yes ten!) to one person on RTE 2FM

If they sold 25000 tickets ,they sold alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah they are flooding the media with free tickets.

The reality is Taylor Swift is playing to a stadium capacity of 82,000 people with minimal media exposure, for two nights in a row in a small county probably with a smaller amount of Swifties:rolleyes:. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be pulled up on their market research, some nights in the US have stadium capacity of 50,000 or 55,000, where she lives and is more prominent.
    Another big factor was the ticket pricing, it is very expensive. So some people interested in attending maybe decided not to as they couldn't justify the expense.
    Now ticket prices are dropping and there's giveaways if there's anyone interested!
    A quick look at ticketmaster shows Manchester night 2 having the same issues, and London night 2 to a much lesser extent.
    By all accounts the show production, performances, and staging is excellent so I myself am really looking forward to Friday night 1! :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Now ticket prices are dropping and there's giveaways if there's anyone interested!
    has the official TM price actually dropped?

It did for the stones, sort of on the sly.

Or do you just mean reselling sites. I see them for less than half price on toutless and viagogo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

greenspurs wrote: »
    But she did start that by saying she was gonna be in the UK for the month of june.....
    Oversensitive a bit, but ........ :rolleyes:

Loads of Americans don't know the difference. The whole UK / Ireland thing is lost of most foreigners

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    has the official TM price actually dropped?

It did for the stones, sort of on the sly.

Or do you just mean reselling sites. I see them for less than half price on toutless and viagogo

I mean reselling sites like toutless and viagogo for Dublin and UK shows. The original prices have stayed the same on ticketmaster here. Interestingly, if you go onto the US ticketmaster website, her concerts in the USA are all selling at different prices, e.g. Soldier Field Saturday and Sunday night tickets this weekend are very expensive. However it's much cheaper to attend in Louisville which is the next stop, cheapest tickets there are starting at just 53 dollars. Then Ohio is somewhere in the middle between Chicago and Louisville.

I mean reselling sites like toutless and viagogo for Dublin and UK shows. The original prices have stayed the same on ticketmaster here. Interestingly, if you go onto the US ticketmaster website, her concerts in the USA are all selling at different prices, e.g. Soldier Field Saturday and Sunday night tickets this weekend are very expensive. However it's much cheaper to attend in Louisville which is the next stop, cheapest tickets there are starting at just 53 dollars. Then Ohio is somewhere in the middle between Chicago and Louisville.

She had to reduce the price of her tickets on Ticketmaster in the US to move tickets as they were not selling.
    Prices were slashed .

She even made Ticketmaster suspend their resale market in the US to drive sales.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8453562/taylor-swift-ticket-sales-resale-ticketmaster-reputation-jay-z

Nothing seems to have been done here to stimulate sales for her Saturday night gig ,which has sold disastrously .
    I suspect tens of thousands of tickets have been given away and many more will be in the coming fortnight.

Zardoz wrote: »
    She had to reduce the price of her tickets on Ticketmaster in the US to move tickets as they were not selling.
    Prices were slashed .

She even made Ticketmaster suspend their resale market in the US to drive sales.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8453562/taylor-swift-ticket-sales-resale-ticketmaster-reputation-jay-z

Nothing seems to have been done here to stimulate sales for her Saturday night gig ,which has sold disastrously .
    I suspect tens of thousands of tickets have been given away and many more will be in the coming fortnight.

I agree little has been done re Saturday. I think the purpose of her BBC big weekend appearance was to plug her upcoming shows in the U.K. and Ireland. But it's coming late, when people will already have made plans for June weekends coming up. I think the capacity of Croke Park has to be taken into account also, it's huge. So even at say 45,000 tickets sold, I'm sure she's making a gross profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

I agree little has been done re Saturday. I think the purpose of her BBC big weekend appearance was to plug her upcoming shows in the U.K. and Ireland. But it's coming late, when people will already have made plans for June weekends coming up. I think the capacity of Croke Park has to be taken into account also, it's huge. So even at say 45,000 tickets sold, I'm sure she's making a gross profit.

She'll get a flat fee plus a percentage of ticket sales. A low turnout doesn't hurt her pocket much at all. Its mcd who will take the brunt of the financial hit for low turnouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DylanB85 wrote: »

Today Fm are giving 10 away each day this week to one caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Appeared to be a bit mime job from the bit I saw on the Beeb. No?

Appeared to be a bit mime job from the bit I saw on the Beeb. No?

Yes ,terrible mime job.

Yes ,terrible mime job.

Clearly she's not miming as her vocals were just mediocre on the night. How does one mime speaking into the microphone and while playing the guitar with nothing else. But to fly into Swansea straight from Denver from her own sound system, instruments, etc, and try and pull that off was a risk.
    People who criticise Taylor Swift need to look at the pop industry today and be thankful she's around. There's little else!

Clearly she's not miming as her vocals were just mediocre on the night. How does one mime speaking into the microphone and while playing the guitar with nothing else. But to fly into Swansea straight from Denver from her own sound system, instruments, etc, and try and pull that off was a risk.
    People who criticise Taylor Swift need to look at the pop industry today and be thankful she's around. There's little else!

She was clearly miming ,its blatantly obvious

She was clearly miming ,its blatantly obvious

Someone isn't musical at all if you think that's miming :D:D
    Are you very familiar with the song? She's clearly NOT miming there, sounds totally different to the actual song.

• Advertisement

2 tickets being given away every hour on KCLR (Kilkenny/Carlow radio) for the whole weekend !!!!

Why, instead of being sooo greedy and fleecing people, are these 'megastars' content to perform in a half full arena, if prices were dropped by a third, theyd probably fill the bloody place !!! (I know its the promoters that "FIX" the price )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Someone isn't musical at all if you think that's miming :D:D
    Are you very familiar with the song? She's clearly NOT miming there, sounds totally different to the actual song.

She's clearly got a live recorded backing track, and that forgives the pauses, it's not miming exactly, but it is slightly cheating.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    She's clearly got a live recorded backing track, and that forgives the pauses, it's not miming exactly, but it is slightly cheating.

Its a backing track - most artists that perform/dance as well as sing have a backing track (even Michael Jackson used backing tracks) ,
    Slightly cheating ? cheating at what ?

Its a backing track - most artists that perform/dance as well as sing have a backing track (even Michael Jackson used backing tracks) ,
    Slightly cheating ? cheating at what ?

I'm not slighting it, it's next to impossible to sing live and dance, run around at the level she does... But it does allow you to skip parts of the song and the backing track will fill your part, so claiming that she's 100% singing live is a bit of a stretch, she is, but not for 100% of the song.

Mr.S wrote: »

I’d say after the poor sales of this years Croke Park gigs, the promoters will be looking at the Aviva for big gigs. Croke Park is just to much of an effort to fill at the prices gigs are at these days, unless it’s someone like U2, Coldplay etc.

The promoters are doing themselves absolutely no favours with the poor scheduling of outdoor gigs over the summer.
    Almost all the events are on in June,its completely saturated.

clare fm gave away tickets this morining
    i din't apply as i guess they were for the highest stand and we want the middle stand
    i am getting 2 tickets @118 euro each in the old zhivago shop in galway

Galway Bay FM are also running a competition, they'd 60 entrants in 1 hour. It's on facebook but will probably have more giveaways all week :)

hynesie08 wrote: »

That's not cheating and is a practice with every pop artist nowadays not just her. The fact is she's singing live....

She should take it as a compliment that people thought her singing was good live...that they thought she mimed. :D

2 tickets being given away every hour on KCLR (Kilkenny/Carlow radio) for the whole weekend !!!!

Why, instead of being sooo greedy and fleecing people, are these 'megastars' content to perform in a half full arena, if prices were dropped by a third, theyd probably fill the bloody place !!! (I know its the promoters that "FIX" the price )

Every concert in Croke Park this summer like Buble and Rolling Stones are similar prices. It is the promoter setting these prices as they enjoy monopolies and cartels in this business. Taylor wants a full stadium, she doesn't strike me as someone who does things by half. Look at videos of her show, it's excellent and a visual spectacular :)

The promoters are doing themselves absolutely no favours with the poor scheduling of outdoor gigs over the summer.
    Almost all the events are on in June,its completely saturated.

Totally agree with this :o

• Advertisement

That's not cheating and is a practice with every pop artist nowadays not just her. The fact is she's singing live....

She should take it as a compliment that people thought her singing was good live...that they thought she mimed. :D

Just because it's common, doesn't mean it's right......

Again, I understand that the "Taylor Swift TM" show, requires short cuts and slight of hand, and yes everyone from Madonna to Britney (especially Britney) do the same thing, doesn't mean that people aren't allowed call you on it when you claim to be 100% live.

Advertisement