Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just because it's common, doesn't mean it's right......

Again, I understand that the "Taylor Swift TM" show, requires short cuts and slight of hand, and yes everyone from Madonna to Britney (especially Britney) do the same thing, doesn't mean that people aren't allowed call you on it when you claim to be 100% live.

The "Taylor Swift TM" show never requires shortcuts as she's a natural musician and songwriter. Personally I think she's most comfortable with a piano/guitar in hand playing solo to an intimate audience in a 'session' type gig. I'm on this thread to discuss her upcoming shows as a fan. Not to engage with Trolls who want to belittle what she's about and know nothing about her. I didn't mention in last post that CLEARLY she'd a live band behind her playing the music, no backing track involved! Because some people don't like successful women and will do or say anything to belittle them. Yet Ed Sheeran and co get away scot free. Btw, his performance wasn't' good in Swansea in my opinion.
    She's in a different league to Madonna/ Brittney. For starters, she's an excellent songwriter and lyricist, and musician. :D:):p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Carol25 wrote: »
    The "Taylor Swift TM" show never requires shortcuts as she's a natural musician and songwriter. Personally I think she's most comfortable with a piano/guitar in hand playing solo to an intimate audience in a 'session' type gig. I'm on this thread to discuss her upcoming shows as a fan. Not to engage with Trolls who want to belittle what she's about and know nothing about her. I didn't mention in last post that CLEARLY she'd a live band behind her playing the music, no backing track involved! Because some people don't like successful women and will do or say anything to belittle them. Yet Ed Sheeran and co get away scot free. Btw, his performance wasn't' good in Swansea in my opinion.
    She's in a different league to Madonna/ Brittney. For starters, she's an excellent songwriter and lyricist, and musician. :D:):p

No point arguing with you, you can't have an honest conversation because you're blinded by fanboyism. I've been to every Taylor tour since red, she's clearly increased the backing track/ fills, again, I understand why, doesn't make it an issue, but it's there.

No point arguing with you, you can't have an honest conversation because you're blinded by fanboyism. I've been to every Taylor tour since red, she's clearly increased the backing track/ fills, again, I understand why, doesn't make it an issue, but it's there.

If you’ve followed Taylor from Red you realise she’s gone from Country/pop to pop to electro pop in 3 albums. She’s in electro pop for Reputation so therefore can’t have a live recreation of all those sounds. But as far as I can tell most songs have a live performance on the Reputation Tour with live band and music adapted accordingly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

If you’ve followed Taylor from Red you realise she’s gone from Country/pop to pop to electro pop in 3 albums. She’s in electro pop for Reputation so therefore can’t have a live recreation of all those sounds. But as far as I can tell most songs have a live performance on the Reputation Tour with live band and music adapted accordingly :-)

To be honest I didn't realize how good a songwriter she was until I heard the voicemails she sent to Ryan Tedder while writing 1989.

She basically had the hook of the song worked out, was impressive.

Before hearing this I thought she was no different to the other pop princesses like Rihanna, Britney and Katy Perry who have their song handed to them on a plate with no input.

If she wasn't a pop princess, she would be writing songs for the pop princesses.

Anyone know where you can find those voicemails online, they really show her talent as a songwriter.

Exactly, "most", "can't have", I'm not arguing the logistics, but to claim she sings 100% live is a lie...

• Advertisement

Exactly, "most", "can't have", I'm not arguing the logistics, but to claim she sings 100% live is a lie...

Someone just can’t acknowledge when they’re incorrect. This started when it was claimed she was ‘miming’ in Swansea, which she clearly isn’t. When that is proven to be false, now we have ‘oh she doesn’t perform 100% live’. You’re just trolling this Thread in my opinion.
    And no it’s not a lie to claim she sings live, she just adapts the song accordingly so it doesn’t sound exactly as it does on the album, eg, when she’s singing Delicate on the tour in the pod. Different version to the album version. It sounds slightly different due to it being 100% live. Simple as!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Someone just can’t acknowledge when they’re incorrect. This started when it was claimed she was ‘miming’ in Swansea, which she clearly isn’t. When that is proven to be false, now we have ‘oh she doesn’t perform 100% live’. You’re just trolling this Thread in my opinion.
    And no it’s not a lie to claim she sings live, she just adapts the song accordingly so it doesn’t sound exactly as it does on the album, eg, when she’s singing Delicate on the tour in the pod. Different version to the album version. It sounds slightly different due to it being 100% live. Simple as!

She is singing some parts of the song Live but alot of it is a prerecorded "Live" backing track and she is miming for those sections.

She isn't the worst offender in fairness ,Britney Spears and Mariah Carey are practically mime artists .
    Look at this ,Britney on Carpool Karaoke and she is miming most of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have been to two Taylor Swift concerts one in Ireland and another in the US, and will be attending Croke Park. Anyone who questions her talent or singing live, need to attend the concert and they will see she is a genuine top tier music star.

I do love that she still writes country music songs and gives them to others to perform and she still features in some of them like the song, 'Babe' by Sugarland.
    Personally I think she should do more country music, but she is able to mix up different genres of music successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

dead horse ......... flogging ........ still............... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I’ve been offered tickets to the Friday show. I’m being told they are 2 adult and 2 kids tickets? I am a bit dubious as I don’t remember seeing a child option. Was there a family option I missed??

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Does anyone know if there an age restriction for the pitch? My daughter won tickets on Galway bay fm at weekend and is so delighted. Thw radio station doesn’t know if they are seated or standing tickets. She will be gutted if she’s not allowed on the pitch.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

Gal44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there an age restriction for the pitch? My daughter won tickets on Galway bay fm at weekend and is so delighted. Thw radio station doesn’t know if they are seated or standing tickets. She will be gutted if she’s not allowed on the pitch.. thanks

i got this form a FAQ document on the Taylor Swift concerts from MCD

A: All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult who will be in attendance at the event and also holds a valid ticket for the event.
    Standing tickets are only available to persons aged 14 and over. Under 14’s will not be permitted on the pitch standing either accompanied or unaccompanied.
    No 14 - 16year olds will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult.

this is the link for the document: http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Taylor-Swift-at-Croke-Park-FAQ-FINAL.pdf

i got this form a FAQ document on the Taylor Swift concerts from MCD

A: All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult who will be in attendance at the event and also holds a valid ticket for the event.
    Standing tickets are only available to persons aged 14 and over. Under 14’s will not be permitted on the pitch standing either accompanied or unaccompanied.
    No 14 - 16year olds will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult.

this is the link for the document: http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Taylor-Swift-at-Croke-Park-FAQ-FINAL.pdf

Thanks, i hope they are seated tickets..! :o:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Using prerecorded backing tracks is nothing new. Listen to the half the songs of pop artists, it’s physically not possible to sing everything live.
    same with rappers, who usually have backing tracks or hype men to fill in parts of lines, as it's much too hard to rap everything live from a technical point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Because some people don't like successful women and will do or say anything to belittle them. Yet Ed Sheeran and co get away scot free.
    :eek: are you joking! Ed Sheeran certainly did not get off "scot free"!!!, you can seen numerous media articles about all the people complaining about miming and backing tracks at glastonbury. I suppose some people just do not like successful men, obviously these scumbag misandrists were out in force to take him down a peg or two...
    Does anyone know if there an age restriction for the pitch? My daughter won tickets on Galway bay fm at weekend and is so delighted. s
    I think U2 had similar restrictions and people got in with kids younger. How old is your daughter, and more importantly how tall. I think they just do not want someone arriving with a bunch of really young kids with them, who could be injured.

I cannot recall any media stories of small kids being turned away and them all being devastated -and it would be a story the media would love.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Thanks, i hope they are seated tickets..! :o:o:(

The majority of the pitch seems to be seated, the standing area looks like it’s a very small section at the back so I’d reckon your odds are probably good for seating tickets!

Just won 4 tickets in an mcd competition, apparently there was "more than 1 winner" I'm actually going to feel horrible for anyone who bought full price seats......

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Just won 4 tickets in an mcd competition, apparently there was "more than 1 winner" I'm actually going to feel horrible for anyone who bought full price seats......

I won four from them as well! I was already going on Friday so I’m feeling slightly less bitter about buying full price tickets now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Lol

Anymore comps? might as well try.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I honestly think if you emailed MCD asking for free tickets on the day you'd get them :D

With all of these competitions I’m half tempted to enter myself and see could we win and go the Saturday night also. Sure why not! 🙂

• Advertisement

Where would one find these competitions ? ;)

greenspurs wrote: »

Twitter and radio stations mostly, seems like they're going to fill the Saturday no matter what..

https://mcd.ie/competitions/win-tickets-taylor-swift-camilla-cabello-charli-xcx-next-friday/

Competition for the Friday, someone here might be lucky............. (Probably will be lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

greenspurs wrote: »

3plus app never seen that before so close to gig.

Half the stadium be there on freebies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

3plus app never seen that before so close to gig.

Half the stadium be there on freebies :D

Closer to 3/4 for Saturday night I'd say,the sales have been toxic.
    Three look like they have loads to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Won 4 as well through the mcd Facebook comp my 6 year old is delighted

rubadub wrote: »
    :eek: are you joking! Ed Sheeran certainly did not get off "scot free"!!!, you can seen numerous media articles about all the people complaining about miming and backing tracks at glastonbury. I suppose some people just do not like successful men, obviously these scumbag misandrists were out in force to take him down a peg or two...

I think U2 had similar restrictions and people got in with kids younger. How old is your daughter, and more importantly how tall. I think they just do not want someone arriving with a bunch of really young kids with them, who could be injured.

I cannot recall any media stories of small kids being turned away and them all being devastated -and it would be a story the media would love.

She’s 8. And i would be going with her. The radio station doesn’t know yet if they are seated or standing tickets. I’m thinking I might chance it even if they are standing. Iv no problem standing at the back with her away from the big crowds If they let us in...!

She’s 8. And i would be going with her. The radio station doesn’t know yet if they are seated or standing tickets. I’m thinking I might chance it even if they are standing. Iv no problem standing at the back with her away from the big crowds If they let us in...!

Just get her to cry, and bawl really loudly if they try stopping her !!! ;):D

If they are standing and the stewards are dicks about it, ask for a supervisor and explain the situation, they always have a batch of seats put aside for situations like this, vertigo, people on crutches etc, and there'll be about 40,000 free seats anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Hithere246

Just won 4 tickets through 3. My 9 year old will lose her sh1t when she gets home from school. I got to choose the tickets..choose seated obviously. I'm thinking of bringing a 7 year old aswell..anyone think he might be too young? He's been to the Aviva for rugby.

Advertisement