Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

My 8 year daughter won tickets for Taylor Swift for Saturday night, we booked our bus up to Dublin for it and today we received the tickets and they are pitch standing :( how strict are they? Any chance they will let us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

They'll let anyone in. There'll be plenty giving away free tickets to this thing lads don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They'll let anyone in. There'll be plenty giving away free tickets to this thing lads don't worry.

That's not true at all and a total guess. They might let you in, they might not, it'll depend on how strict they are being and also who's admitting you.

You could contact TM and ask if they have seats you could swap to given her age. They can be quite accommodating. Also pitch standing is at the very back of the pitch so it might be better to try to wangle seated tickets closer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I have 2 Cusack Stand seats if anyone is looking to swap pitch tickets, I’m not pushed either way as the tickets were free and I wouldn’t be going otherwise :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From an email from MCD earlier today:

Doors: 17.45
    Charlie XCX: 18:30
    Camila Cabello: 19:15
    Taylor Swift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

robindch wrote: »
    From an email from MCD earlier today:

Doors: 17.45
    Charlie XCX: 18:30
    Camila Cabello: 19:15
    Taylor Swift

Taylor will be 8:30 youd imagine then.. maybe 8:15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭bren2001

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Taylor will be 8:30 youd imagine then.. maybe 8:15

Yep, I'll be getting to the stadium for 20:00 but I'd expect her to be on at 8:30 and finishing up around 22:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Bought tickets last year for this and have been following this thread. Find it absolutely insane how many free tickets have been given away, surely thousands at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Gal44 wrote: »
    My 8 year daughter won tickets for Taylor Swift for Saturday night, we booked our bus up to Dublin for it and today we received the tickets and they are pitch standing :( how strict are they? Any chance they will let us in?

Go to ticketmaster inside the venue in the cusack stand square out the back.They will swap your tickets absolutely no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Bought tickets last year for this and have been following this thread. Find it absolutely insane how many free tickets have been given away, surely thousands at this stage!

Probably given away 40 thousand at least ,its been an embarassment for Livenation and MCD. Nearly all of Livenations big tours this summer have struggled badly due to rip off pricing. Its ironic that they have had to give away so many tickets for free to save face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

All of you delighted about the free tickets...what happens when another major artist looks at Dublin in the future? This will have implications, which I hope it doesn't as I love a good show! All shows are the same price this year, not just Taylor's. As regards Taylor, Friday sold very well in my opinion, however Saturday didn't and it was overkill to have the two gigs on in such a big stadium in a country she has little to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Are you saying we shouldn't be thrilled about getting free tickets?

Hopefully it won't happen again and future artists/event organisers will know not to release a second date before the first date sells out, especially when the ticket prices are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Carol25 wrote: »
    All of you delighted about the free tickets...what happens when another major artist looks at Dublin in the future? This will have implications, .

Or it might in another way......

Maybe the promoters will say " right it looks like the people of Ireland wont accept paying astronomical prices to see music "
    Maybe they will see that gig-goers (and parents) have voted with their feet and stayed away due to the exhorbitant prices being charged !!
    Maybe the promoters will learn from this this, and keep prices at an acceptable level.
    And then again, maybe they wont..... Personally I am delighted that MCD are getting such a kick in the asre over this, if they don't learn from this , theres no hope !!?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Pepsicass wrote: »

Hopefully it won't happen again and future artists/event organisers will know not to release a second date before the first date sells out, especially when the ticket prices are high.

They were trying to be too clever/greedy ...... They got bit in the asre .... :rolleyes:

The second date was announced after only about 1/4 of the first sold. It was lunacy.

The knock on effect was that the Rolling Stones gig needed planning permission due to a practically unsold gig.

The knock on effect was that the Rolling Stones gig needed planning permission due to a practically unsold gig.

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

greenspurs wrote: »
    Why ?

3 gig agreement with the residents, so Aiken had to jump through hoops for the stones gig. If taytay/mcd had settled for one gig, there would have been a free "slot" for the stones.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    3 gig agreement with the residents, so Aiken had to jump through hoops for the stones gig. If taytay/mcd had settled for one gig, there would have been a free "slot" for the stones.

Yep. And a further knock on, the RS gig would have sold better were it not for the delay on getting permission delayed the on sale date nearly a month after the rest of Europe went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

All of you delighted about the free tickets...what happens when another major artist looks at Dublin in the future? This will have implications, which I hope it doesn't as I love a good show! All shows are the same price this year, not just Taylor's. As regards Taylor, Friday sold very well in my opinion, however Saturday didn't and it was overkill to have the two gigs on in such a big stadium in a country she has little to do with.

Tickets for this were more expensive than any other croke park gig this year. It will have implications and I hope it does! Promoters need to realise that there is a saturation point. For these gigs the tickets were too expensive and there should only have been one night. When you can go and see The Rolling Stones for less money than a pop star who just isn't on the same level something is seriously wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elricardo123

I have two very decent seated tickets for Saturday in Lower Cusauk (row AA) - paid €120 each - does anyone want to swap for the Friday night show?

Don't really care where we sit / stand, but we are going on hols Saturday and my Mrs. is raging she can't go......!!

DM me please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

In any world, in any economy, asking €600 for a family of four to see a concert is absolutely ridiculous..... You can get a last minute holiday for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There's pitch tickets for friday going for €100 a pair on toutless or €60 each :pac: Thats more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

MadYaker wrote: »
    There's pitch tickets for friday going for €100 a pair on toutless or €60 each :pac: Thats more like it

People reselling won tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The second date was announced after only about 1/4 of the first sold. It was lunacy.

I've no sympathy for the Stones ,they reneged on the third Croke Park slot last year with the result that U2 and Coldplay couldn't add a second night and we had the insanity of U2 only playing one concert in their largest market.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I've no sympathy for the Stones ,they reneged on the third Croke Park slot last year with the result that U2 and Coldplay couldn't add a second night and we had the insanity of U2 only playing one concert in their largest market.

That's slightly stretching it. They never reneged, they couldn't agree a price and it never went ahead nor was there ever an agreement. Blame the promoter there for that and for not booking something else or arranging a second night. Croke Park is one of the most profitable venues in the world for artists, anyone would have snapped it up.

MCD or Aiken to blame, as they are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

I’ve pitch seated tickets for myself & daughter. She’s on crutches w space boot. Anyone know if I need to contact Croke Park in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I have two very decent seated tickets for Saturday in Lower Cusauk (row AA) - paid €120 each - does anyone want to swap for the Friday night show?

Don't really care where we sit / stand, but we are going on hols Saturday and my Mrs. is raging she can't go......!!

DM me please!

See pm - I'll sort you out one if we can,.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Have two pitch seated tickets, is there an age restriction on the seated tickets for pitch? Panicking now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Didn't tickets to her shows in the 3.O2 sell rapidly the last time she was here? A quick scazz tells me her last 3 albums were all #1 here. The airwaves are polluted with the likes of Blank spaces and Shake it Offs for the most part, I would have thought she was immensely popular here if she had little to do with the place she'd be playing the Green room in the Academy!

A huge bulk of her fans are likely jobless teenagers or struggling students, MCD had some neck on the asking price and the cheek then to commission to a second date. Absolutely delighted myself :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Didn't tickets to her shows in the 3.O2 sell rapidly the last time she was here? A quick scazz tells me her last 3 albums were all #1 here. The airwaves are polluted with the likes of Blank spaces and Shake it Offs for the most part, I would have thought she was immensely popular here if she had little to do with the place she'd be playing the Green room in the Academy!

A huge bulk of her fans are likely jobless teenagers or struggling students, MCD had some neck on the asking price and the cheek then to commission to a second date. Absolutely delighted myself :pac::pac::pac:
    it'd take 6 3Arena gigs to fill Croke Park once.

for all but a handful of acts, selling 1 night in Croker is a massive ask, announcing a 2nd straight after the first went on sale was lunacy. she's popular, but she's obviously not that popular.
    1 night probably would have sold out, or at least got very close.

Advertisement