Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Didn't tickets to her shows in the 3.O2 sell rapidly the last time she was here? A quick scazz tells me her last 3 albums were all #1 here. The airwaves are polluted with the likes of Blank spaces and Shake it Offs for the most part, I would have thought she was immensely popular here if she had little to do with the place she'd be playing the Green room in the Academy!

A huge bulk of her fans are likely jobless teenagers or struggling students, MCD had some neck on the asking price and the cheek then to commission to a second date. Absolutely delighted myself :pac::pac::pac:

Tickets for her gigs in 2015 were 77 to 87 euro ,thats in a 13000 capacity indoor arena . Fast forward 3 years and the top price tickets are a ludicrous 151 euro for an 80,000 stadium ,possibly the worst venue in the country . Why should an outdoor gig cost more than indoors ,an outdoor gig is inferior in almost every aspect . She has lost alot of fans over the pricing on this tour .

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Have two pitch seated tickets, is there an age restriction on the seated tickets for pitch? Panicking now!

No, no age restrictions for pitch seated as far as I understand

All under 16s must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian over the age of 18. Standing areas are over 14s only and strict age monitoring will be in place at all entrances so pack your ID. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/taylor-swift-at-croke-park-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3529243%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

grazer wrote: »
    No, no age restrictions for pitch seated as far as I understand

That’s what I thought but the email from mcd is after giving me doubts!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

"When you can go and see The Rolling Stones for less money than a pop star who just isn't on the same level something is seriously wrong!"[/QUOTE]

You're opinion that Taylor isn't on the same level is a matter of opinion and it's not mine. I personally think some of these aging rock bank types are completely overrated and have had their day long ago. A quick look at ticketmaster for Bublé tickets, his most expensive section costs €129, similar one at Taylor's gig is €144. It's not that much of a difference. But I completely agree that there was no need for night 2. Pity really with all this giveaway drama as it's taking the good away from genuine fans like myself that want to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

Yeah but that Stones gig was amazing and totally worth Aiken jumping through hoops to get the licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kickmark19

Check your email spam box. Turns out we won the MCD competition tickets but the email went to spam and we missed the timeline to get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Weather is looking a bit showery for Friday night

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Michael Buble hasn't sold out either, the prices are too high for a gig in Croke Park imo, the amount of people getting free tickets now for TayTay shows they were too high and too many seats doing the second night. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Zardoz wrote: »
    She has lost alot of fans over the pricing on this tour .

Really ? I doubt that very much.

Afaik , the artist sets their fee for the gig, its then up to the promoter to set the ticket price - so common sense says that the 'mega stars' demand a higher fee, so obviously the higher they set the ticket price , and then the bigger their profit. but it seems to have backfired MASSIVELY on MCD.

The artists will get the same fee whether there are 80 or 80,000 in the stadium, its the Promoter that makes the profit (or loss) on the ticket sales.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

The above is true, Taylor Swift will get paid no matter how many people are there and you can bet she is getting mega bucks for the shows, so it doesn't matter to her how many people are there, obviously she would love 2 sold out shows but she will walk away with a nice sum of money no matter what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I’ve just heard that only 17,000 tickets sold for Saturday but i don’t know how true that is. Our GAA club have been given 80 free, strangely though they are for Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I’ve just heard that only 17,000 tickets sold for Saturday but I don’t know how true that is. Our GAA club have been given 80 free, strangely though they are for Friday.

I heard the same story this morning, quoting the same 17,000 figure, and with the added frisson that there was a "stand off" between her people and MCD about whether Saturday's gig would even go ahead or not. It all seems highly unlikely. A seated show in Croke Park is about 68,000 capacity, so if they had indeed only sold 17,000, it would have been pulled long before now.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

funny looking at all the people who happen to have 4 tickets to sell on toutless ::pac:

someone selling 4 Friday tickets for €25 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Mr.S wrote: »
    You have to laugh at the bright sparks selling for face value thinking that someone will buy them, you wouldn’t have gotten the free tickets if that was the case :D

Feel kind of sorry for the people who shelled out a couple of hundred to see her play though.

I wouldn't feel sorry, any fans or people including myself that wanted to see her would have got their tickets long ago and happily paid and would not have been waiting to try pick up free tickets a couple of weeks before the gig. There was always going to be over supply for the Saturday but at this stage the best outcome is to have the stadium fairly full both nights and that people who go enjoy. Good luck to anyone who got free tickets, great bonus, I think they will be in for a great show & will do her fanbase no harm maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭threetrees

I bought tickets, I don't feel jealous or bad that I paid and others are getting in for free. Who was to know there'd be so many freebies? I registered to get a presale code in case there was high demand. She puts on. Great show and we'll enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    I wouldn't feel sorry, any fans
    I would feel sorry for people who genuinely cannot go, and now cannot get a reasonable price for the tickets due to this influx.

I do not mind half empty gigs at all, lots go on about missing atmosphere. I actually much prefer it since you can get a better spot, easier to toilets, no queues at the bar, quicker to get in & out, can move seats if you have chatters beside you. Also less fecking chatters overall, if free tickets are about it is wayyyy worse. I remember having spare tickets for a gig years ago, gave them to randomers outside, and then had to move away from them chatting away really loud like it was just a band in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

rubadub wrote: »
    I would feel sorry for people who genuinely cannot go, and now cannot get a reasonable price for the tickets due to this influx.

I do not mind half empty gigs at all, lots go on about missing atmosphere. I actually much prefer it since you can get a better spot, easier to toilets, no queues at the bar, quicker to get in & out, can move seats if you have chatters beside you. Also less fecking chatters overall, if free tickets are about it is wayyyy worse. I remember having spare tickets for a gig years ago, gave them to randomers outside, and then had to move away from them chatting away really loud like it was just a band in a bar.

Thats another topic to my post & another days debate about ticket prices. Personally think huge difference with a poorly attended gig in a big stadium as atmosphere so important. At this stage may all with tickets enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

rubadub wrote: »

I'm one of them - Daughter not well

Could someone pm me if they need a ticket

Taylor has just posted to Instagram that one of her female backing dancers was involved in a car accident ‘a few days ago’. Hope she’ll be ok, and that this didn’t happen here.
    As regards the two nights, I think the set and staging production is so huge, she’s playing two nights almost everywhere as It’s difficult to move it around a lot and maximise profits. The poor sales for Saturday night could have genuine implications for future acts here. Am I right in saying Lady Gaga and Beyoncé and JZ have both skipped Ireland this year on their current tour? Seeing some of the disrespectful comments re free concerts here, I wouldn’t blame them. I would also prefer a Stadium half empty with genuine fans. Not ppl who’ll leave the show and trash it on social media ‘for the laugh’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Carol25 wrote: »
    As regards the two nights, I think the set and staging production is so huge, she’s playing two nights almost everywhere as It’s difficult to move it around a lot and maximise profits. The poor sales for Saturday night could have genuine implications for future acts here. Am I right in saying Lady Gaga and Beyoncé and JZ have both skipped Ireland this year on their current tour? Seeing some of the disrespectful comments re free concerts here, I wouldn’t blame them. I would also prefer a Stadium half empty with genuine fans. Not ppl who’ll leave the show and trash it on social media ‘for the laugh’.

I think your overthinking things a tad :pac:

The Beyonce woman played 1 date in Croker 2 years ago, there was tickets floating around prior to it it was just the 1 date, Wasn't Gaga in the Aviva not sold out? Implications were she was back since alright but downsized to the 3.O2...better for her avid fans I'd say than being surrounded by your summer stadium daytrippers.

I'd gather there is plenty of genuine fans who got their hands on freebies who couldn't afford to cough up a wad after being outpriced. On the flipside no doubt plenty of people with more disposable income who paid full wack for the day will be chatting and selfying throughout no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I think it's a good thing the freebies are being pumped out. They'll be handing them out like smarties on grafton Street tomorrow and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I’ve just heard that only 17,000 tickets sold for Saturday but i don’t know how true that is. Our GAA club have been given 80 free, strangely though they are for Friday

Just a few minutes ago I finished giving away 100 tickets for Friday night Premium level in the Cusack Stand. Checked on ticketmaster and they are €144 each! I came on Boards to see what was going on and saw this thread on the front page.

Gyalist wrote: »
    Just a few minutes ago I finished giving away 100 tickets for Friday night Premium level in the Cusack Stand. Checked on ticketmaster and they are €144 each! I came on Boards to see what was going on and saw this thread on the front page.

Can I have one of those tickets???? Where were you giving away those tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Carol25 wrote: »
    Can I have one of those tickets???? Where were you giving away those tickets!

Sorry, they're all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Wonder how many free tickets were given away to her 2 gigs?

Thought the prices were way too high for her fan base and a 2nd concert was madness when they were nowhere near selling out the 1st one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

This whole thing may well have implications for ticket pricing in Ireland and I seriously hope it does. I was one of the people who paid €250 for 3 tickets up in the gods. I’ve since upgraded them as the free tickets I got were premium. I am stung by this though and no way will I be shelling out that kind of money again. Delighted for the genuine fans who got the freebies, as I said before the GAA club received 80+, the gratitude shown by the people who got these tickets was genuinely immense, the parents initially put off by the crazy high pricing. Enjoy everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Every gaa club got free tickets by the sounds of it, delighted to see mcd suffer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hopefully touts get stung badly now by this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Gyalist wrote: »

That's so frustrating, my wife is bringing my 8-year-old daughter tonight, they have tickets on level 7 of the Nally stand, best we could afford the day they went on sale. It's a shame the promoters didn't offer upgrades to existing ticket holders first, instead of dumping free tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ectoraige wrote: »
    That's so frustrating, my wife is bringing my 8-year-old daughter tonight, they have tickets on level 7 of the Nally stand, best we could afford the day they went on sale. It's a shame the promoters didn't offer upgrades to existing ticket holders first, instead of dumping free tickets.

Id imagine they could move around the stand to better seats?

We got freebies in the gods of the Hogan , but we hope to move .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement