Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Happy Taylor Swift day everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This whole thing may well have implications for ticket pricing in Ireland and I seriously hope it does. I was one of the people who paid €250 for 3 tickets up in the gods. I’ve since upgraded them as the free tickets I got were premium. I am stung by this though and no way will I be shelling out that kind of money again. Delighted for the genuine fans who got the freebies, as I said before the GAA club received 80+, the gratitude shown by the people who got these tickets was genuinely immense, the parents initially put off by the crazy high pricing. Enjoy everybody!
    I don't think it will. while the tickets were expensive, they weren't massively more than some other Croker gig prices.

the big mistake was over-estimating demand. she would have sold out 1 night, even at these prices.
    putting on a second when there is no demand for it is the reason for this farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Won ticekts for Saturday..
    from reading here and online the atmosphere is gonna be shocking, are we seriously expecting over half the stadium to have been freebies?

s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Mr.S wrote: »
    For everyone looking to get free tickets, if you go to Croke Park after the show starts you’ll probably get them for €10.

But a tenner is not free:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

A lady i work with just bought 2 seated tickets for tomorrow for €80. Plenty of bargains to be had even if they are not free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

the missus got 2 free premium seats in the Cusack stand for tonight

trouble is we've 2 daughters who'll want to go

if anyone can help me out with some sort of swap then I'll gladly take a PM (sorry if this is against any sort or rules here)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Any tips on parking?

Planning on going up the M5o towards the airport and head in Drumcondra direction .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

frash wrote: »
    the missus got 2 free premium seats in the Cusack stand for tonight

trouble is we've 2 daughters who'll want to go

if anyone can help me out with some sort of swap then I'll gladly take a PM (sorry if this is against any sort or rules here)

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

funny looking at all the people who happen to have 4 tickets to sell on toutless ::pac:

someone selling 4 Friday tickets for €25 each.

I saw that, tickets being sold for €25 each, but the same seller is selling 3 tickets after that for €100 each. How does that make sense? Where do all the tickets come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pc7 wrote: »
    Hopefully touts get stung badly now by this too.
    I doubt many touts bought them in the first place. They were already far too expensive, so not likely to sell out and people were less likely to pay a fair amount over.

As I said before the people being stung are those legitimately stuck and trying to sell tickets. The freebies has slashed the market price.

Standing at the very back of the pitch is €104, the rolling stones pitch, (which was 3/4 of the pitch or so) were only €70.45.

I was shocked to see the stones standing tickets still on sale right up until the end. They removed them from sale many times, to trick people into buying the poor selling crap seats. But I wonder if they even sold out those cheap ones in the end.

If you go to "sell" on seatwave it reveals the prices they are actually selling for.

Pitch Seating - Block 4Today2€100.00
    Lower Level Seats - Block LOW 333Today1€59.00
    Pitch StandingToday1€56.00
    Pitch Seating - Block 5Today2€56.00
    Pitch Seating - Block 5Today2€57.00
    Stage Left (Snake Pit)Today2€49.00
    Premium Level Seats - Block 306Today2€68.75
    Lower Level Seats - Block 317Today2€50.00
    Upper Level Seats - Block 719Today2€35.00
    Lower Level Seats - Block 335Today4€100.00
    Pitch Seating - Block Block 5Today2€45.00
    Lower Level Seats - Block 317Today2€45.84
    Lower Level Seats - Block 330Yesterday2€51.03
    Pitch StandingYesterday2€60.00
    Upper Level Seats - Block 718Yesterday2€41.66
    Lower Level Seats - Block 331Yesterday2€60.00
    Lower Level Seats - Block 320Yesterday1€100.00
    Lower Level Seats - Block 315Yesterday2€37.50
    Pitch StandingYesterday1€51.00
    Upper Level Seats - Block 707Yesterday2€75.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "from reading here and online the atmosphere is gonna be shocking".

The same fears were expressed about The Rolling Stones recently and the stadium was almost at capacity on the night. The athmosphere and the show were fantastic. Don't believe the scaremongering.

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "from reading here and online the atmosphere is gonna be shocking".

The same fears were expressed about The Rolling Stones recently and the stadium was almost at capacity on the night. The athmosphere and the show were fantastic. Don't believe the scaremongering.

But at least people bought tickets for the stones.. Saturday is 'who wants a ticket, anybody.. please'
    and that atmostphere(usually the bar running, its time for a seis people' in a stadium as big as croker can be shocking

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Personally think huge difference with a poorly attended gig in a big stadium as atmosphere so important.
    What stadium gigs were you at here which had a bad atmosphere due to poor attendance?

And would you have liked to have seen tickets given out free to fill that gig up? bearing in mind all the negatives I pointed out.

I was at festival gigs early in the day with few people there and much preferred it, as I got up closer to the stage with ease. I would much rather be up near the front, packed with real fans, than stuck 2/3rd down the pitch with a bunch of drunk chatters on freebies around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

bennyl10 wrote: »
    But at least people bought tickets for the stones.. Saturday is 'who wants a ticket, anybody.. please'
    and that atmostphere(usually the bar running, its time for a seis people' in a stadium as big as croker can be shocking

But as has already been stated, many of these freebies are actually going to people who want to be there (certainly the 100 from our GAA club, and presumably many more clubs have done the same). I'd imagine the 'chatterers' with no interest at all in Taylor Swift will make up only a very small percentage of the crowd. The atmosphere will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

A lot of people won tickets through Three's competition by the looks of it. Does anyone know if Three still has it on (or on for the Saturday night gig)?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

rubadub wrote: »
    What stadium gigs were you at here which had a bad atmosphere due to poor attendance?

And would you have liked to have seen tickets given out free to fill that gig up? bearing in mind all the negatives I pointed out..

Was at the RHCP in Croke Park years ago, mid week half empty & dreadful atmosphere. Agree best to be up front with true fans if you can but sitting in a huge stadium like Croke Park in the middle of half empty stands can't be the most memorable experience, picture a half empty Croke Park at Coldplay last Summer & it wouldn't have been half the gig in my opinion.

Was at the RHCP in Croke Park years ago, mid week half empty & dreadful atmosphere..
    That is the one I often hear talked about, and was looking it up yesterday.

Didn't look nearly as bad as I had heard it made out to be.

They are a perfect example of a band I would have absolutely hated to have free tickets issued for. Many people would like them enough to head along if free, and only know 2 or 3 songs, and just get rip roaring drunk all day, chatting over other songs, going mental when the 2 they do know come on, clogging up the bars and toilets. At least Taylor Swift is not likely to attract people out binge drinking since 1pm!
    picture a half empty Croke Park at Coldplay last Summer & it wouldn't have been half the gig in my opinion.
    you still do not mention any of the negatives, picture half the people pissed out of their minds & chatting.

That is the one I often hear talked about, and was looking it up yesterday.

Didn't look nearly as bad as I had heard it made out to be.

They are a perfect example of a band I would have absolutely hated to have free tickets issued for. Many people would like them enough to head along if free, and only know 2 or 3 songs, and just get rip roaring drunk all day, chatting over other songs, going mental when the 2 they do know come on. At least Taylor Swift is not likely to attract people out binge drinking since 1pm!

what?! Taylor Swift , if anything, is even more likely, a pop artist, who appeals to the masses, in a stadium?
    A pop artist with a few songs on radio, with free tickets, will be 60-70% these crowds...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Unfortunately the fact is that people attend gigs and chat throughout whether they have free tickets or they paid for tickets.

I've been to sold out gigs that cost €100 a pop and people zone out til the greatest hits come on and also have got freebies to gigs where the same things happen.

Rule of thumb is to avoid the back of standing areas, otherwise you're purely down to luck whether the person next to you is a chatter or otherwise irrespective of free tickets. People will not drag themselves to Croke Park purely because its free unless they have some level of interest.

This additional paranoia about chatters because of free tickets is silly. It happens at every gig.

Enjoy the gig everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

[you still do not mention any of the negatives, picture half the people pissed out of their minds & chatting.[/quote]

Never been at a large concert where people are not drunk or chatting, this is Ireland so sadly a lot of these large social events involve some element overdoing the drinking free tickets or not. If you are looking for a large scale gig where people won't get drunk or chat then Croke Park etc won't be for you. Although the pope gig in August there might be an exception you would hope ,ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Don't worry guys this is typical Irish begrudgery. The people saying it will be crap are the ones sour who didn't get free tickets.

Don't worry guys this is typical Irish begrudgery. The people saying it will be crap are the ones sour who didn't get free tickets.

I'm going(on a free ticket), i dont think it'll be crap, but to even suggest the 'day trippers' wont be there, and there in droves with free tickets, is lunacy

Never been at a large concert where people are not drunk or chatting,
    This additional paranoia about chatters because of free tickets is silly. It happens at every gig.
    I think it is silly to think make out like there is absolutely no difference if a huge % people got free ones or not.

Of course there are chatters and drunks at all big gigs! nobody suggested otherwise. And of course it will be worse if they are not big fans who actually invested in a ticket and want good value from it, the massive ticket prices would ensure they are more likely to be more than casual fans.

The people saying it will be crap are the ones sour who didn't get free tickets.
    Not sure who you are referring to. I never said it would be crap, just pointing out the negatives of them handing out freebies, and the benefits if they do not. I would have preferred to see them drop prices or something. For kings of leon they were doing 2 for the price of 1 to customers of "three"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fionalaw

I have a problem any help would be much appreciated. So my daughter and her friend won 2 tickets to the saturday night taylor swift gig. They are 15 and i realised they needed someone over 18 to go in with them. So i bought 2 tickets for myself and my friend to go with them. The thing i didnt take into account is that they have different entrances and she is in the Davin stand upper tier and he tickets that i bought are in the upper hogan stand. So i wont be able to even go in the gate with her after all the bloody effort of buying tickets mostly for that reason.
    Would anyone have any Davin stand tickets that they would be willing to swap for my Hogan stand ones?
    Or would anyone have any helpful info or ideas of any way around this?

Thanks a million in advance :)

fionalaw wrote: »
    So i bought 2 tickets for myself and my friend to go with them
    ticketmaster have some sort of cancellation or change option now, I think there is a time limit though, i.e. have to have bought them recently.

Also they might charge €6 per ticket to change.

At other gigs I saw people wanting to swop as better tickets came back on sale and they were able to.

If you ring them and tell them the story it might even be done free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fionalaw

ticketmaster have some sort of cancellation or change option now, I think there is a time limit though, i.e. have to have bought them recently.

Also they might charge €6 per ticket to change.

At other gigs I saw people wanting to swop as better tickets came back on sale and they were able to.

If you ring them and tell them the story it might even be done free.

Thanks. I probs should have mentioned also that i bought my ones online (someone had won them) and ny daughter won hers too so i dont think they will change free ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

Here now and Charlie xcx is on. The sound quality and production are excellent. Enjoy the show all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

fionalaw wrote: »
    I have a problem any help would be much appreciated. So my daughter and her friend won 2 tickets to the saturday night taylor swift gig. They are 15 and i realised they needed someone over 18 to go in with them. So i bought 2 tickets for myself and my friend to go with them. The thing i didnt take into account is that they have different entrances and she is in the Davin stand upper tier and he tickets that i bought are in the upper hogan stand. So i wont be able to even go in the gate with her after all the bloody effort of buying tickets mostly for that reason.
    Would anyone have any Davin stand tickets that they would be willing to swap for my Hogan stand ones?
    Or would anyone have any helpful info or ideas of any way around this?

Thanks a million in advance :)

I think you should be able to enter through any entrance - the entrance on the ticket is just there for convenience and crowd control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Anybody know if there are any competitions for tickets for tomorrow night open? Would love to get two to take my niece but very nervous about buying them from a person online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I'm supposed to be collecting someone from the 3Arena tonight at around 10:30 - 11 and drop them back to Drumcondra. Will it be a no-go area with people/traffic leaving Croke Park?

Advertisement