Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Anybody know if there are any competitions for tickets for tomorrow night open? Would love to get two to take my niece but very nervous about buying them from a person online

Adverts is 100 % - you have feedback on there etc.
    Are tickets not still for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anteastra

I bought two tickets for the show tomorrow but as far as I can tell they didn't arrive. I've emailed ticketmaster because by the time I got home from work and realised I don't have them, the helpline was closed. They say on their website to let them know at least 24 hours in advance if tickets haven't arrived so I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and any advice on whether when I follow up with a call tomorrow they might be able to sort me out with replacement tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Adverts is 100 % - you have feedback on there etc.
    Are tickets not still for sale.

Tickets are still for sale, but neice is young and would be first concert and I'd have a four hour drive round trip to drop her home after so spending 200 on tickets isn't ideal, it seemed a lot of people won tickets due to available volume via 3 etc so if I could chance winning two I'd take her and leaving before the end wouldn't be a waste then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Sorry, probably been asked before. Wife is driving from Galway and wondering where's best to park? She can take the M50 and then 'down' towards Croke Park. But presume traffic will be busy so are there shuttle buses (or standard buses) from anywhere nearby & somewhere to park?

cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry, probably been asked before. Wife is driving from Galway and wondering where's best to park? She can take the M50 and then 'down' towards Croke Park. But presume traffic will be busy so are there shuttle buses (or standard buses) from anywhere nearby & somewhere to park?
    Red Cow - Park and Ride - red Luas to Connolly and walk from there.

You could try parking in Maynooth and getting the train to Drumcondra. Not many trains on that lane, so could be tricky getting back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

Just out from the concert, it was absolutely amazing. Well worth a trip for anyone still considering going! Her live performance was excellent plus fireworks, flying pods, a digital showpiece, absolutely excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Taylor shift

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Absolutely incredible gig. Taylor deserves better than tickets being passed out like smarties. Amazing. Best gig I've been to in a while. Great atmosphere and we'll over 65k there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

Absolutely incredible gig. Taylor deserves better than tickets being passed out like smarties. Amazing. Best gig I've been to in a while. Great atmosphere and we'll over 65k there

Agree with that. 11 year old daughters first stadium concert and she loved it.. Lot of money spent. Big spectacle. Merchandise was joke. Crazy queues couldn't get near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just home. First off thanks to MCD for the passes in the competition. If I go to Croker again I'll be going for the Upper Hogan near the stage - view was spectacular and great to see backstage action. Much better than the premium prices I shelled out for Lower Cusack for the Stones and felt about three miles off.

Visibly armed gardai were at the entry point on Jones Road. Haven't seen that except on the days in the suburbs when there's some Hutch/Kinehan action. So I wonder were they worried about security for obvious reasons.

Easy enough access tonight to food/drink/toilet. Predominant parents with kids and younger pairs/groups of girls.

Set times were off. Charlii XCX came on at 7pm and did a great job of warming up a patchy crowd.

Camila Cabelo came on around 7.40. Stole the show. In sound reminded me of late 80s Janet Jackson with Cuban/Gloria Estefan twist. She was awesome.

Taylor came on at 9. Stadium was about 80% full. Premium parts of Cusack stand were virtually empty which is inexplicable.

Initially very promising show with interesting visuals in gothic horror style as to the tone of the show to come.

Snake pit punters were conned. Three stages and she spent a good half the show on two of them down near the back at pitch standing.

I don't know her material much and I'm not her target audience obviously but I didn't think she was capable of holding that size of an arena. Yes she is talented but other than some very heavy hip hop numbers the tracks to me were thin in such a vast space and did not carry well.

The visuals as it turned out were threadbare. Nothing more than a few screens and blow up snakes left over by Ozzy Osbourne. The narrative promised by the early visuals was not carried through.

This was a show for the Aviva or 3Arena definitely not Croke Park. Tonight was not full and I shudder to think what tomorrow down there will be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 fionalaw

Carol25 wrote: »
    Just out from the concert, it was absolutely amazing. Well worth a trip for anyone still considering going! Her live performance was excellent plus fireworks, flying pods, a digital showpiece, absolutely excellent!

Sounds like u had a great night :)
    What time did it end at please? My friend was hoping to make the last bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Can anyone give info on whether we can move places? We could only afford tickets in the nosebleed seats and if the place is not very full we would like to go closer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

xkat11 wrote: »
    Can anyone give info on whether we can move places? We could only afford tickets in the nosebleed seats and if the place is not very full we would like to go closer...

I'd say your problem might be that the empty seats are in the upper stands anyway. We were in the lower Cusack and I'd say most of the lower stands were full. I still can't get over the queue for the merchandise.. They must have made a fortune.. Entering the section we were asked to show our tickets

Just home. First off thanks to MCD for the passes in the competition. If I go to Croker again I'll be going for the Upper Hogan near the stage - view was spectacular and great to see backstage action. Much better than the premium prices I shelled out for Lower Cusack for the Stones and felt about three miles off.

Visibly armed gardai were at the entry point on Jones Road. Haven't seen that except on the days in the suburbs when there's some Hutch/Kinehan action. So I wonder were they worried about security for obvious reasons.

Easy enough access tonight to food/drink/toilet. Predominant parents with kids and younger pairs/groups of girls.

Set times were off. Charlii XCX came on at 7pm and did a great job of warming up a patchy crowd.

Camila Cabelo came on around 7.40. Stole the show. In sound reminded me of late 80s Janet Jackson with Cuban/Gloria Estefan twist. She was awesome.

Taylor came on at 9. Stadium was about 80% full. Premium parts of Cusack stand were virtually empty which is inexplicable.

Initially very promising show with interesting visuals in gothic horror style as to the tone of the show to come.

Snake pit punters were conned. Three stages and she spent a good half the show on two of them down near the back at pitch standing.

I don't know her material much and I'm not her target audience obviously but I didn't think she was capable of holding that size of an arena. Yes she is talented but other than some very heavy hip hop numbers the tracks to me were thin in such a vast space and did not carry well.

The visuals as it turned out were threadbare. Nothing more than a few screens and blow up snakes left over by Ozzy Osbourne. The narrative promised by the early visuals was not carried through.

This was a show for the Aviva or 3Arena definitely not Croke Park. Tonight was not full and I shudder to think what tomorrow down there will be like.

I disagree with every part of this review. Her songs carried excellently and were sung by the crowd from start to finish. The visuals were stunning, not threadbare. It was most definitely a full stadium bar where seats weren’t filled because of viewing restrictions.
    The snakes were a great spectacle, especially for the younger members of the audience. Not to mention fireballs and fireworks. There’s just no pleasing some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Carol25 wrote: »
    I disagree with every part of this review. Her songs carried excellently and were sung by the crowd from start to finish. The visuals were stunning, not threadbare. It was most definitely a full stadium bar where seats weren’t filled because of viewing restrictions.
    The snakes were a great spectacle, especially for the younger members of the audience. Not to mention fireballs and fireworks. There’s just no pleasing some people!

You are misleading the reader. It was not full by any stretch of the imagination tonight. Lower Cusack 304, 305 and 306 were empty, as was half the Davin and pitch standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Wow what a show,was absolutely brilliant,great crowd and taylor really blew me away.
    Best gig I've been too in a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

My Missus sent me a photo. Half full stadium. Load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

fionalaw wrote: »
    Sounds like u had a great night :)
    What time did it end at please? My friend was hoping to make the last bus.

Taylor came on about 9, think it was 10.50 when it finished.
    I made the last bus into town & last Luas. - and we were very slow out of the concert. Should be no problem.

I had zero expectations for tonight, know nothing about Taylor or her music, and I thought it was a fantastic show. Had been bitching about the price of the tickets but can kind of see where the money goes - very big very spectacular show. Really don’t see where the previous poster is getting “threadbare” and “thin” from! I really enjoyed the production, and thought the sound was fantastic (granted I was on pitch - don’t know how it carried for the stands). And I’m definitely not her target audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I was there with my teen daughter & her friend, I'm well to old to be a fan of Taylor Swift but have to say the show she put on was amazing. A few of her less popular songs seemed a bit like filler but the rest was really well done and with the armbands they handed out & FX on the stage it was an excellent show.

Free tickets seem to be flying around(we could've had 6) and if you have the chance it would be well worth going along.

We were in the upper Hogan and a good view for all of the show with her being in 3 different places. As someone else said she finished up at 10:50 so should be possible to make last buses

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

ectoraige wrote: »
    It's a shame the promoters didn't offer upgrades to existing ticket holders first, instead of dumping free tickets.

I think that’s such a good point.

• Advertisement

You are misleading the reader. It was not full by any stretch of the imagination tonight. Lower Cusack 304, 305 and 306 were empty, as was half the Davin and pitch standing.

Show me a picture of half the Davin empty. The lower few rows weren’t sold due to viewing restrictions. Same for the two upper corners due to speakers. Here is a video of some of blank space when I was looking in that direction.
    Some people on here just want to take down a phenomenal performance and show. Similar to the previous ‘reviewer’ who called the amazing spectacle ‘theeadbare’ (were they even at the concert!) who seems to have gotten free tickets and isn’t even a fan!

Some images.

Completely disagree with each negative viewpoints posted above. I know nothing about her music but was blown away by the performance.

Anyone offered tickets for tomorrow would highly recommend it.

It's only a shame the gig wasn't sold out as those not in attendance missed a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

do you post on ATRL carol?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

My sister and her daughter where there and totally enjoyed the show. Each to there own. Who gives a totally monkeys if there where empty seats. I was outside and it sounded great as i live near. I just think people just want to complain these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

She should have done only one gig. Why she or anyone taught she could sell out two where very poorly informed. Promoters take all the blame. She wanted to cancel the second gig that she wanted and croke park rightly said no. So 30k tickets have been given away free apparently. Serves them right for not doing the home work. She was never going to do two nights. One night would have sold out easy. Two no way.

It will be full to the rafters tomorrow with all the freebies going around.

Apparently there was guards giving them out outside and ladies in burger vans giving them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

It will be full to the rafters tomorrow with all the freebies going around.

Apparently there was guards giving them out outside and ladies in burger vans giving them out.

Can anybody confirm if that's true? As I said before I'd love to take my niece but don't want to spend a fortune on full price tickets as we'd need to leave early for a long drive home. I know I can get them cheap from a reseller but I'm a bit nervous of that as in case they aren't geninue. Or that have printed them a load of times and sold them more than once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm if that's true? As I said before I'd love to take my niece but don't want to spend a fortune on full price tickets as we'd need to leave early for a long drive home. I know I can get them cheap from a reseller but I'm a bit nervous of that as in case they aren't geninue. Or that have printed them a load of times and sold them more than once

I picked up two tickets for the wife for 70 euro yesterday. Given some of the posts here I might have even overpaid, but you'll pick something up either way, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Had a great night, she always puts on a show. Forked out for pitch seated tickets back in the presale and it was well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

Hoping the luas is still running when we get out tonight...going to park at citywest I think..coming from limk

Advertisement