Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

Pic from last night i’ve just come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Jim's been banging the same drum for a few years now tbf. He's spot on in imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

The place was almost full. Sure there were some empty seats in some sections but I'd say at least 80% full.

My only grievance was that we had gotten tickets to the Davin Stand that were right across from the stage and because they had put the lights in our seats they gave us new tickets which were "great seats with good visibility". When we got there we realized we were at the farthest corner of the stadium and had to do a 70 degree turn just to look at the stage where the dancers were just dots. Before Taylor came on we got down to a lower stand and it was so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

xkat11 wrote: »
    The place was almost full. Sure there were some empty seats in some sections but I'd say at least 80% full.

The real issue from the commercial POV is what % of people paid for their seats.

Is he spot on to say that TayTay gets €5m a night, regardless of turnout? I have a vague memory of hearing that Springsteen or U2 were bringing in €1m a night, so it's hard to see how she would be getting five times this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fionalaw

We went last night and had an amazing time. I wouldnt consider myself a fan at all but cant deny her talent and it was a really great show. The light up colour changing wrist bands in time with the music were fab.

*tried to put a pic up but keeps telling me file size is too big*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I was at the gig last night with my wife and two kids. I'm a rock music fan myself, but I have to say I had a great time last night. We were in the lower Cusack stand. It was great fun bopping along with our 8 and 10 year old kids who sang along to all the songs. It was my first "pop" show and its very different to a rock show in that its more about the visuals, props and theatrics. She is a very confident performer and she struts around the stage with great attitude. Those Jim Carroll photos are misleading, in that the area around the main stage was all chairs/seats with wide spaces around it. The standing area was located at the very back behind the satellite stages and by 8pm that standing area was packed. I'd say that the stadium it was 85% - 90% full last night by 8pm. A great night out for the family!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I went Friday night and had a blast. She absolutely nailed it!

I will now move on with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We went Saturday, it was mostly full.

Loved the use of the screens as part of the set. Very effective and creative. The flashing wrist bands were a fun way of bringing the audience together in the gig.

Great show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Look if the sun says "she was the 1st female to SELL OUT 2 Croker shows", it must have been full?

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/2724419/taylor-swift-croke-park-concerts/

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Didn't love her latest album, Red was her peak but great show. Anybody a fan since like 2008 or even before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Nothing in my way 15/06/18
    IMAG13805_zps6yhmzws0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

shakeitoff wrote: »
    Didn't love her latest album, Red was her peak but great show. Anybody a fan since like 2008 or even before?

I’ve been a fan since Fearless, and I wouldn’t be crazy about Reputation but I went to both of the Croke Park shows. We were in pitch seating block one for the first night, and the Davin Stand lower for night 2, definitely preferred being closer up but liked seeing the whole stage from the back as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

We had a great night Friday, this was our second time seeing Taylor live.

For 1989 we had pit tickets and this time pitch standing and I think it was better this time because of the freedom it gives you.

We had great view of main stage from block 2 and then you could walk around to the others stage as Taylor moved, no crazy rushes everyone relaxed and you could just walk up to the barrier and be right in front of her performing.

Great atmosphere there as hopefully you'll hear from the videos I linked below,if they work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SwMOhcyGY9vO5YBLyiB7v5XTiDW_BrHI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QOD6iiA7AKa8ngU5xPOS1uONuf9J7LCE/view?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My missus just moved from the top of the very back to right by one of the stage arms on the middle level, no complaints and a brilliant view!
    xkat11 wrote: »

My only grievance was that we had gotten tickets to the Davin Stand that were right across from the stage and because they had put the lights in our seats they gave us new tickets which were "great seats with good visibility". When we got there we realized we were at the farthest corner of the stadium and had to do a 70 degree turn just to look at the stage where the dancers were just dots. Before Taylor came on we got down to a lower stand and it was so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I won 8 tickets for the fri night show + and Mrs greenspurs had bought 2 pitch seated for Sat night.
    3 adults and 5 10-11 year olds went on the Friday night, seated in Hogan upper. Great view of the whole stage and pitch. EVERY one of them had a ball, and even I, just a forced listener of her music, really enjoyed it for what it was , a really enjoyable music show.
    On the Saturday night, Mrs G and little Ms G were seated, and knew where to stand while T.S moved between the 2 mini stages, little Ms G got to shake hands with Taylor as she moved along. To say she was elated would be the understatement of the year !! (and the pitch of my wifes voice in the vid she took of it, I think she was even more thrilled !!! :) )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

I don't see why some of the downers on here are making such a big deal of the attendance, The choice to do 2 gigs was the choice of the promoters, and if there was only one gig it would have been 100% sold out, but I think 2 gigs at 80-90% sold is quite a good result!!
    Anyway, it was a great show, brilliant stage setting , and a great atmosphere. taylor comes across as a nice person, and values her fans. A lot of 'stars' go out of their way to avoid their fans, while she seems to be the opposite !! Well done T.S .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Can anyone tell me what's being said at the intro, before Taylor starts singing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B2Bpk135iA

shakeitoff wrote: »

Loved her earlier stuff also, with Red probably being one of my favourite albums. Liked 1989 also, and after a few listens Reputation has grown on me. Will be interesting to see which direction veers next, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make her way towards country rock/pop again.

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s interesting to see lots of new / dormant accounts come out to post in this thread with nothing but praise ;)

/tinfoilhat

Interesting to see how certain individuals on this thread can’t stand that the shows went well and the feedback across the board is as such, no tinfoil hat accounts on Twitter, just people saying they genuinely enjoyed the show. Anyone up for setting up a proper Rep tour thread without the naysayers who clearly weren’t at either show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Carol25 wrote: »
    Interesting to see how certain individuals on this thread can’t stand that the shows went well and the feedback across the board is as such, no tinfoil hat accounts on Twitter, just people saying they genuinely enjoyed the show. Anyone up for setting up a proper Rep tour thread without the naysayers who clearly weren’t at either show?

It's a discussion forum, people are allowed have differing opinions, if you just want people agreeing with you, set up a WhatsApp group..

I don't think most of the people complaining are actually annoyed at Taylor, she's just the catalyst for a much bigger discussion.

As for the show, fantastic spectacle, huge production, the pre reputation stuff was the highlight, but ultimately an enjoyable night out I'll forget in a year. And in no way comparable to the proper big guns. The 1989 tour was better imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's a discussion forum, people are allowed have differing opinions, if you just want people agreeing with you, set up a WhatsApp group..

I don't think most of the people complaining are actually annoyed at Taylor, she's just the catalyst for a much bigger discussion.

As for the show, fantastic spectacle, huge production, the pre reputation stuff was the highlight, but ultimately an enjoyable night out I'll forget in a year. And in no way comparable to the proper big guns. The 1989 tour was better imo.

Here's an opinion.

Super concert that the audience clearly loved. Spectacular light show and fireworks. Brilliant decision to have seperate stages so she could perform around the stadium. Great songs. A performer that was really up for it on the night (Saturday).

I dont know what you mean by proper big guns. I've seen gigs that were far worse by the Rolling Stones, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Van Morrison, Madonna.

greenspurs wrote: »
    but I think 2 gigs at 80-90% sold is quite a good result!!

It would be a fantastic result if it was true. 90% attendance maybe but there's no way it could be close to 90% tickets sold with the amount of tickets given away.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Had a brilliant time, great show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

SteM wrote: »
    It would be a fantastic result if it was true. 90% attendance maybe but there's no way it could be close to 90% tickets sold with the amount of tickets given away.

Its very odd the fixation people have with the attendance.

It was a great show. it was full. It felt full. Whether it was 79% or 93% or 84% full - so what? This is getting weird.

I was at the Stones in Croke Park last month. They could probably have had another 5000 -10000 people at it. There were tickets on the cheap outside.
    It was a stellar concert by the Stones, absolutely brilliant. Nobody came out thinking - yeah, could have been a great show but it wasnt because a part of upper stand section 327 had some empty seats.

And nobody said that afterwards.

I just dont get why its such a big talking point for Taylor Swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tombo2001 wrote: »

It was a great show. it was full. It felt full. Whether it was 79% or 93% or 84% full - so what? This is getting weird.

I was at the Stones in Croke Park last month. They could probably have had another 5000 -10000 people at it. There were tickets on the cheap outside.
    It was a stellar concert by the Stones, absolutely brilliant. Nobody came out thinking - yeah, could have been a great show but it wasnt because a part of upper stand section 327 had some empty seats.

if TS had only 5-10k unsold, no-one would have really taken too much notice.
    it's a big talking point because it was far less than that, and the promoters had to resort to giving away tens of thousands of free tickets to make the place look OK.

if clubs and groups all over the country were getting 100 free tickets each for the Rolling Stones, it would have been a big talking point too.

It’s just interesting to see very old (or brand new) accounts who usually don’t post, come and post on here to give praise specifically for this show - it’s no secret brands use shill accounts to post praise on boards, and I’m not suggesting that’s for sure happening here, but just an observation :)

And you say other people should wear the tinfoil hat !!!
    :eek: :rolleyes: jaysus ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

if TS had only 5-10k unsold, no-one would have really taken too much notice.
    it's a big talking point because it was far less than that, and the promoters had to resort to giving away tens of thousands of free tickets to make the place look OK.

if clubs and groups all over the country were getting 100 free tickets each for the Rolling Stones, it would have been a big talking point too.

It's also an issue because she squatted on two out of three Croke Park gig slots allocated for 2018 leaving the Stones gig the subject of a legal application and tickets on sale at the last minute whilst arrogantly presuming she'd sell both nights out, which she didn't.

Tombo2001 wrote: »

What fixation? I'm just replying to a post someone else made about the % of tickets sold :) I didn't bring it up but I notice you're not replying to greenspurs who did. Weird.

It's also an issue because she squatted on two out of three Croke Park gig slots allocated for 2018 leaving the Stones gig the subject of a legal application and tickets on sale at the last minute whilst arrogantly presuming she'd sell both nights out, which she didn't.

I’m curious, what if the Stones had booked the two nights and failed to sell out the second, and Taylor had to apply for permission for her night...would you have the same attitude towards them? And is this why you were giving untrue and inaccurate reviews of the show eg threadbare visuals? And alternative agenda perhaps here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭micks_address

I have no doubt the show went well, it’s gotten very good praise (bar being undersold and over priced) in all the reviews and from feedback online etc.

It’s just interesting to see very old (or brand new) accounts who usually don’t post, come and post on here to give praise specifically for this show - it’s no secret brands use shill accounts to post praise on boards, and I’m not suggesting that’s for sure happening here, but just an observation :)

I've been around a while :) the show was great if you expected a poptastic experience.. If you wanted something deeper then maybe not the one to go to.. Seems to be a view that cause the stadium wasnt full both nights concert ruined.. Made no difference to us.. It is what it is.. It's like going to the movies for a rom com versus an Oscar movie.. You can enjoy both for what they are.. Well at least I can :)

Advertisement