Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

As I say above she was replying to posts which mentioned her or accused her of being a troll or whatever. And going to a lot of gigs of all genres simply means that she has no affiliation to any one genre or is not a "music snob" as has been mentioned. How are people not seeing that?

Mrs Shuttleworth didnt enjoy the gig. We understand that.

You are defending Mrs Shuttleworth's right to make that point. We understand that.

We fully respect that Mrs Shuttleworth didnt enjoy the gig and is entitled to articulate that.
    Points made.

Lets move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Did Mr Shuttleworth enjoy the gig? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I was wondering about the screen at the taylor swift gig. I've never really thought much about screens before at previous gigs, and I would have presumed that they were solid, just gigantic panels like your home telly. But on TS the night, the props and people seemed to be able to walk in and out through the area where some screen images previously were (being shown). The screen seemed to be a display/projection(?) onto a set area, instead of being a physical solid screen area?

Does anyone know how the screens actually worked and if they were indeed non solid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I was interested in the screens too.

They were able to move and slide up and down into different positions to allow you to be able see the band playing in behind them.
    Plus they seemed to be see through whenever they were turned off.

They were probably made of some sort of flexible LED mesh.
    eg.
    http://www.led-display-manufacturer.com/product/flexible-led-mesh/

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I was interested in the screens too.

They were able to move and slide up and down into different positions to allow you to be able see the band playing in behind them.
    Plus they seemed to be see through whenever they were turned off.

They were probably made of some sort of flexible LED mesh.
    eg.
    http://www.led-display-manufacturer.com/product/flexible-led-mesh/

Thanks. Yeah, never saw those type of screens before, where they were moverable and you could see behind them etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Well one week removed from the gig I'm still humming the songs to myself and playing them on YouTube.

What a gig.

Thank you Taylor. Can't wait for next time already.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

I hope one day she does a concert with more of her old country songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

shakeitoff wrote: »

How about her new songs, country style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJ_ECyEK4I&list=PL0XuugFoVt9mpuWuDMqOu4mLzkZZvnbUQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

shakeitoff wrote: »

I'm still not over her not bringing Red tour to Ireland TBH:(

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

For anyone who was at this concert in Croke Park in June and enjoyed it, she’s releasing a live recording worldwide of the Rep stadium show in Dallas on New Year’s Eve Morning Irish time. The camera work and editing involved in preview clips looks excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Carol25 wrote: »
    For anyone who was at this concert in Croke Park in June and enjoyed it, she’s releasing a live recording worldwide of the Rep stadium show in Dallas on New Year’s Morning Irish time. The camera work and editing involved in preview clips looks excellent.

Cant wait to watch this when I get home from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Cant wait to watch this when I get home from work!

Snoodle McDinnertime

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Advertisement