Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift, Croke Park, June 15/16th 2018 **No ticket sales / requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cian1989 wrote: »
    , so not sure why you’d expect any more from mcd.
    very simple, even with the supposed "huge get" for support it is clearly not selling well. I have not heard of the support act before, but I am not a TS fan, but I imagine many going are not big fans either and are accompanying young girls going to it. It might be beneficial to get a support act that attracts the adult taking the young girls to this. The likes of ariana grande and westlife etc had more reasonable prices, knowing it would be "dual tickets" being bought.

Therefore it would make sense that they might add better support to entice more people. As I said before Richard Ashcroft was added to liam gallagher and you could see comments about people deciding to go on that basis. In the aviva Phil collins added blondie and mike & the mechanics.

However I think these were added to all gigs, but still were not there from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cian1989

rubadub wrote: »
    very simple, even with the supposed "huge get" for support it is clearly not selling well. I have not heard of the support act before, but I am not a TS fan, but I imagine many going are not big fans either and are accompanying young girls going to it. It might be beneficial to get a support act that attracts the adult taking the young girls to this. The likes of ariana grande and westlife etc had more reasonable prices, knowing it would be "dual tickets" being bought.

Therefore it would make sense that they might add better support to entice more people. As I said before Richard Ashcroft was added to liam gallagher and you could see comments about people deciding to go on that basis. In the aviva Phil collins added blondie and mike & the mechanics.

However I think these were added to all gigs, but still were not there from the outset.

That doesn’t make any sense. Richard Ashcroft clearly appeals to the same fan base as Gallagher. As for Blondie, again that’s an act that would have a lot of crossover fans being from the same time period.

You even admit to not being a TS fan, and it’s seriosuly doubtful you’d get someone to buy a ticket if they weren’t at least a casual supporter. These are the fans they need to entice. The ones who are on the fence but need a bit more of a push to get them to go because the ticket prices are too high. You’re not going to convince someone to go if you add in a support that doesn’t have at least some bit of the same appeal as the main act. If you don’t know who Cabello is, then fine. But most fans of pop music (the target audience) do. If you switched over from radio Nova once in a while you might too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cian1989 wrote: »
    That doesn’t make any sense.
    Maybe it was not clear (and reading my post again I can see why) but I am talking about adding additional support, not getting rid or changing the current support.

I was saying "they might add better support", and should have been more clear and said "It might be beneficial to get a another support act that attracts the adult taking the young girls to this"

Phil Collins added Blondie, and then I think later also added Mike & The Mechanics.

The additional support could appeal to the TS fans, I was just making the point many will be going with parents. The people with the money are the ones deciding to buy or not, it was just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

The blame for this whole mess lies with Ticketmaster who priced fans out of the market for these two concerts. I'm a big fan of Taylor's music, particularly Red and 1989 era. Reputation is a good album but for two of us to attend Friday night it's costing nearly 300 euro. I'll pay it as I'm a fan who's earning but how many young girls and accompanying parents are going to pay that?
    Added in to that is Taylor is doing zero to minimal promotion, even in the US so there's no current 'buzz' here as such with regard to this upcoming tour. I've also noticed no Irish radio station playing her current single 'Delicate' which is a great song, and much better than must of the crap that they play on a daily basis. Is there any way they could encourage more radio play of her music?
    Another approach would be for Taylor to give a shout out to her Irish or European fans...as many Europeans are flying in to watch the show both nights.
    Anyone doubting Friday's sales, I was on the website for pre-sale, during it, and post sale, and it sold well. It's not completely sold out but who designed a standing area at the back of the pitch for 100 euro tickets?!

Camilla Cabello is definitely a strong support act, and popular in Ireland if you look at Spotify and Apple music trends. She's not playing an Irish gig besides which should help ticket sales...unless said tickets are completely overpriced...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Carol25 wrote: »
    The blame for this whole mess lies with Ticketmaster who priced fans out of the market for these two concerts. I'm a big fan of Taylor's music, particularly Red and 1989 era. Reputation is a good album but for two of us to attend Friday night it's costing nearly 300 euro. I'll pay it as I'm a fan who's earning but how many young girls and accompanying parents are going to pay that?
    Added in to that is Taylor is doing zero to minimal promotion, even in the US so there's no current 'buzz' here as such with regard to this upcoming tour. I've also noticed no Irish radio station playing her current single 'Delicate' which is a great song, and much better than must of the crap that they play on a daily basis. Is there any way they could encourage more radio play of her music?
    Another approach would be for Taylor to give a shout out to her Irish or European fans...as many Europeans are flying in to watch the show both nights.
    Anyone doubting Friday's sales, I was on the website for pre-sale, during it, and post sale, and it sold well. It's not completely sold out but who designed a standing area at the back of the pitch for 100 euro tickets?!

You're blaming ticket master?! The prices all over the world for this tour have been extortion.. it's on Ms swift completely!

Reputation is a fine pop album, not anywhere near amazing!

And again the lay out in s the same in the uk.. Taylor wanted this way to maximise money, failure in selling lies purely on her!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Where are ye seeing that it'#s selling badly? Is there a way of seeing that from ticketmaster? Or are ye just deducing that from tickets being available when you search?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Where are ye seeing that it'#s selling badly? Is there a way of seeing that from ticketmaster? Or are ye just deducing that from tickets being available when you search?

You can work it out. When there's blocks of 6 seats available together in 303 or 334 you can be pretty confident sales are low. I'd say the pitch tickets for Saturday have sold well though.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    You can work it out. When there's blocks of 6 seats available together in 303 or 334 you can be pretty confident sales are low. I'd say the pitch tickets for Saturday have sold well though.

Ok I havent seen any blocks of 6 seats available together for Saturday night...

bennyl10 wrote: »
    You're blaming ticket master?! The prices all over the world for this tour have been extortion.. it's on Ms swift completely!

Reputation is a fine pop album, not anywhere near amazing!

And again the lay out in s the same in the uk.. Taylor wanted this way to maximise money, failure in selling lies purely on her!

Ticketmaster are definitely taking a large cut from this, mark my words! I’ve also read multiple articles on the Internet regarding the monopoly these ticket agents now run and extort their clients and customers with. Why is it ok for the Rolling Stones and Bublé to charge similar prices to Taylor but not Taylor herself...Double standards as usual and Swift the easy target as usual because she’s a middle class woman and white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't think anyone necessarily thinks it's "okay" to pay €187 to stand in the gold circle for the Rolling Stones, but they'll do so if they can afford it and if they want to see them. Plenty of people have criticised the prices for the Stones, but like every other debate about ticket prices, nobody is being forced to go to anything.
    The reason Taylor is being criticised for the prices of her tickets is because her target audience is younger than that of Michael Bublé and the Rolling Stones and in many cases not in full time employment. As such, mums and dads have to bankroll the tickets and possibly accompany their kids to the show. The Rolling Stones charge big bucks, but their audience demographic is very different. This isn't about picking on Taylor because she's a woman; she's being criticised because her fans aren't all independently solvent.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Ok I havent seen any blocks of 6 seats available together for Saturday night...

Tay.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Those tickets are in Row UU, right near the back of that section under the roof. I wouldn't buy tickets there as it might hinder my view of the visual spectacular that usually accompany these stadium tours. If that's where 6 seats in a row are coming up, must mean a-z of said block, and possibly aa-uu have people sitting in those seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Not buying that 'reason' for excusing the Stones for expensive prices versus Swift. Taylor is an artist in her own right, and shouldn't have to under price her tickets because young people need a 2nd person going also. Most people go to these concerts in twos, and commonly two family members or a couple. The alternative argument there is, if tickets are priced too cheap, and are bought up by touts, people have to buy two tickets on the expensive secondary market, which is reportedly what happened in 2015 for her two gigs here. Having said that, I think the ticket prices for all of these tours now are too high, and will need to be reexamined again. Checked on Ticketmaster, Bublé, and Stones are smiliar prices.

Taylor Swift's Instagram facts are great in the build up to this tour, she should promote more! The whole Reputation stage will be a screen, with lighting and visual effects, which will be a great visual to the people seated higher in the stadium. The stage is broken into three areas, with one stage being the size of the entire 1989 stage. She's transporting herself between areas on an underground train type thing she lies on to get to other areas quickly. Should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Taylor Swift's Instagram facts are great in the build up to this tour, she should promote more! The whole Reputation stage will be a screen, with lighting and visual effects, which will be a great visual to the people seated higher in the stadium. The stage is broken into three areas, with one stage being the size of the entire 1989 stage. She's transporting herself between areas on an underground train type thing she lies on to get to other areas quickly. Should be great!

I think once the live shows start the hype will built up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking online and on TV, it is going to be great. But I have never been to a Taylor Swift concert that wasn't excellent.

I'm trying to avoid reading about the shows - setlists, stage set-up etc. I've stopped following Tay on Insta and unsubbed from the R/TaylorSwift. Gonna stay out of this thread as well.

Can't wait.

I agree re looking at bad quality mobile videos verus the real thing...however I couldn't resist a sneak peak of All too Well acoustic and it sounded great even on mobile video coverage! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I agree re looking at bad quality mobile videos verus the real thing...however I couldn't resist a sneak peak of All too Well acoustic and it sounded great even on mobile video coverage! :-)

I really hope she does this in Dublin
    This song has been the one changeable song on the 3 nights she has done so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Any suggestions for good locations to arrange a car pickup after the gig? Must be easy to find by people who don't know Croker well. I was thinking somewhere around Drumcondra maybe, to avoid the crowds heading into town.

Any suggestions for good locations to arrange a car pickup after the gig? Must be easy to find by people who don't know Croker well. I was thinking somewhere around Drumcondra maybe, to avoid the crowds heading into town.

And building on this question, do we know what time the gig ends and what is the best mode of transport to get back to city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

xkat11 wrote: »
    And building on this question, do we know what time the gig ends and what is the best mode of transport to get back to city center?

Based on my experience at Springsteen, the only option was to walk. Everything else was jammed up. About half an hour back to O'Connell St. There is the Luas Green Line if you wanted to walk to Dominic St, but I'd expect big queues there too.

Based on my experience at Springsteen, the only option was to walk. Everything else was jammed up. About half an hour back to O'Connell St. There is the Luas Green Line if you wanted to walk to Dominic St, but I'd expect big queues there too.

Thanks Andrew. If it's not too late, I agree walking is best. Can't wait!

Drumcondra is a good option as you will be able to head north and possibly escape the worst of the traffic. I myself am going to get the Luas from near City West, and then walk from the city centre as it just suits who I'm meeting along the way.

Unrelated to the question...I see Shawn Mendes appeared at the show last night in California, I wonder is there any possibility of a special appearance by someone in Ireland, or is it wishful thinking?! :cool:

Drumcondra is a good option as you will be able to head north and possibly escape the worst of the traffic. I myself am going to get the Luas from near City West, and then walk from the city centre as it just suits who I'm meeting along the way.

Unrelated to the question...I see Shawn Mendes appeared at the show last night in California, I wonder is there any possibility of a special appearance by someone in Ireland, or is it wishful thinking?! :cool:

*Fingers crossed* for a special guest! I was disappointed she didn't go the 1989 route this time around, with a special guest in every concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bought ticket yesterday for the Sat night gig. Block 1 on the pitch , row s.
    11year old will get a nice surprise :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

xkat11 wrote: »
    *Fingers crossed* for a special guest! I was disappointed she didn't go the 1989 route this time around, with a special guest in every concert.

Ireland didnt get one the last time anyway:confused:

dragonfly! wrote: »

I didn't know that, I assumed there was one here as well... This is my first TSwift concert!

• Advertisement

dragonfly! wrote: »

The pictures from the Seattle concert last night look amazing :) She had no special guest that night, so there is a chance none in Ireland. However there's an equal chance someone may appear! The production and digital imagery is supposed to be excellent, hopefully we'll get decent enough weather! :)

Advertisement