Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally a Judge grows a pair

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's nice to see but are these sentences gonna run concurrently or consecutively along with the lengthy sentences they're already serving. Should just save themselves a lot of time and money and bring them out back and do away with them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

It's nice to see but are these sentences gonna run concurrently or consecutively along with the lengthy sentences they're already serving. Should just save themselves a lot of time and money and bring them out back and do away with them imo.
    From the Limerick Leader article
    The sentences imposed on Patrick Roche and Alan Freeman are to be served consecutively to sentences they are currently serving for separate offences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Home intrusion should be met with a lethal response. (if not legal it should be made so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Home intrusion should be met with a lethal response. (if not legal it should be made so)

Well there is the Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling) Act 2011

where is section 5 and 7 you will note:
    (7) The use of force shall not exclude the use of force causing death.

When you read 7 before and after reading section/subsection 1 then you can use Lethal Force
    (1) Notwithstanding the generality of any other enactment or rule of law and subject to subsections (2) and (3), it shall not be an offence for a person who is in his or her dwelling, or for a person who is a lawful occupant in a dwelling, to use force against another person or the property of another person where—

Source - Subsection called "Justifiable use of force"

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2011/act/35/section/2/enacted/en/html#sec2

Key word to remember is "Justifiable" . You'll spend longer in a court trying to justify it I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd like to shake that Judge's hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

That judge has done his part but I suspect the severity of the sentences will be appealed and reduced going on past examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭Villa05

2 of them out on bail when the crimes were committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

branie2 wrote:
    I'd like to shake that Judge's hand!

Break a shop window and you will quickly get an opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Break a shop window and you will quickly get an opportunity

or if I saw him in the street

Advertisement