Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Cancellation and Billing Issue

Options
  • 24-11-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭

We had Internet and TV service with Eir up to mid-August.
    During August had a complete outage of service. It was extremely difficult (stressful and time consuming!) for us to get through to customer services to get action on the issue.
    You seemed to have issues with your helpdesk at the time - calls were getting dropped after a long time on hold.
    As we couldn't get support over the phone, we initially contacted you in writing through your website to seek assistance. The issue was not resolved. There seemed to be no urgency to resolve it which I found quite amazing because we were out of contract and free to walk away. You should have been pulling out stops to keep us onboard.
    A week later, we contacted you in writing again to make a formal complaint (approaching 2 weeks with no service at this point!). We also informed you in writing that we were cancelling with immediate effect and would not be making any further payment to Eir. Again - to reiterate - we were not receiving the contracted service so why would we pay?!

We sent back our WiFi modem and TV set-top box to Eir as requested.

Later, we received a final bill of €13. Eir seem to be of the opinion that we should pay for a service that they DID NOT PROVIDE in the final weeks.
    We did not pay this €13 to Eir.
    Eir decided to hand this €13 bill over to a debt collection agency who are now contacting us for payment.

All in all a complete nightmare.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

KevR wrote: »
    We had Internet and TV service with Eir up to mid-August.
    During August had a complete outage of service. It was extremely difficult (stressful and time consuming!) for us to get through to customer services to get action on the issue.
    You seemed to have issues with your helpdesk at the time - calls were getting dropped after a long time on hold.
    As we couldn't get support over the phone, we initially contacted you in writing through your website to seek assistance. The issue was not resolved. There seemed to be no urgency to resolve it which I found quite amazing because we were out of contract and free to walk away. You should have been pulling out stops to keep us onboard.
    A week later, we contacted you in writing again to make a formal complaint (approaching 2 weeks with no service at this point!). We also informed you in writing that we were cancelling with immediate effect and would not be making any further payment to Eir. Again - to reiterate - we were not receiving the contracted service so why would we pay?!

We sent back our WiFi modem and TV set-top box to Eir as requested.

Later, we received a final bill of €13. Eir seem to be of the opinion that we should pay for a service that they DID NOT PROVIDE in the final weeks.
    We did not pay this €13 to Eir.
    Eir decided to hand this €13 bill over to a debt collection agency who are now contacting us for payment.

All in all a complete nightmare.
    Hi KevR, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you have had with ourselves and that you have now cancelled your service. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Thanks Tracey. Appreciate it if you could help us to finally resolve this.
    PM sent with account details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks Tracey. Appreciate it if you could help us to finally resolve this.
    PM sent with account details.
    I will do my best to resolve this for you. 

I'll come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Tracey,

Any update on this?
    Hi KevR,

Apologies for the delay here. Tracey is out of the office today, however, if you PM me your account number and full name I'll get an update on this for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Thanks Adam for following up and getting this resolved. Much appreciated!

Advertisement