Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing current account but want to keep credit card

Options
  • 24-11-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I have recently opened a new current account with a different bank and started the switching process; which will ultimately close my BOI current account. However, I have a BOI credit card that I am considering keeping active. Is this possible as I will no longer have a BOI current account?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi dceire,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Yes you can keep the credit card active without a BOI current account.

I would suggest that you register for cardcare and contact our credit card team to give them the new IBAN and BIC if you have a direct debit card payment set up.   

Once the current account closes you will not have access to 365 online anymore so it would be a good idea to get the cardcare set up as soon as possible.

Just for your information please ensure you print off any statements needed before closing the current account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement