Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir broadband removed phone line - can't change provider!

Options
  • 24-11-2017 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I am out of contract with eir and I can't change provider as eir removed my landline when i signed up to my broadband contract and replaced it with an 888 broadband only number.

I now seems any other provider i call say they need a phone number which i don't have.
    is this eirs way of trapping you in their service or how do I change? 

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

booooonzo wrote: »
    I am out of contract with eir and I can't change provider as eir removed my landline when i signed up to my broadband contract and replaced it with an 888 broadband only number.

I now seems any other provider i call say they need a phone number which i don't have.

thanks
    Hi booooonzo, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

This wouldn't be the case, due to you requesting a broadband only service a dummy number has to be assigned to the line. This is the standard procedure. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll check the status of the line for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

thanks
    Hi booooonzo, 

This wouldn't be the case, due to you requesting a broadband only service a dummy number has to be assigned to the line. This is the standard procedure. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll check the status of the line for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey, 

Does that mean I can use that dummy number to apply for a different provider if I wanted to? 

I will PM you my details now.

Cheers

thanks
    Hi booooonzo, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey, 

Does that mean I can use that dummy number to apply for a different provider if I wanted to? 

Cheers
    No problem. The other company may not be able to recognise this number in their systems. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

thanks
    Hi booooonzo, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey, 

Cheers
    No problem. The other company may not be able to recognise this number in their systems. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, look forward to your reply 

thanks
    Hi booooonzo, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey, 

Cheers

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, look forward to your reply 
    No problem, I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement