Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibrahim Halawa radio interview.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sums you up perfectly.

It's right there in black and white and living colour and you simply refuse to see it. You've zero credibility if that's your stance.

i've 100% credibility. always have had always will have, no matter what.
    at the end of the day ibriham was acquited of all charges and ultimately that is all that matters. everything else is inconsiquential.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Just watched on the player the bit on the LLS where he talks about his hand. He is very clearly speaking in the present tense and stating that he can't currently bend it. He is not speaking retrospectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

at the end of the day ibriham was acquited of all charges and ultimately that is all that matters. everything else is inconsiquential.

Tbf, you have no credibility to the majority of the posters on here at this stage. You chop and change "the truth" as you see fit from video that others have posted showing you "finger gate" and then you run backwards. Think i'm wrong. Read back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sums you up perfectly.

It's right there in black and white and living colour and you simply refuse to see it. You've zero credibility if that's your stance.

EOTR is the Arsene Wenger of After Hours.

i-didnt-see-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

This thread has gone to the dogs, like all the other threads on this topic that ever existed, it needs to be shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nope. Wrong. Proof.

dreamliner wrote: »
    This thread has gone to the dogs, like all the other threads on this topic that ever existed, it needs to be shut down.

Pray tell why? Because it not going The way you want it to?

Newsflash, it doesn't work that way.
    Please stop with the back seat moding

I agree that Ibrahim was acquited. I hope he can get on with his life and put all that behind him. I believe he was young and naive. I believe he went through a horrible time. I'm glad he's home.

I just can't stand your blind lying is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Just like OJ.

Jesus not you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

he never claimed that he couldn't close his hand now, in 2017.
    i'm satisfied that it was exactly as i said it was.

I have not posted in this thread, nor will I after this - but here is what he said, verbatim:

"Look, that's my hand. I took a bullet you know, it's in there, you can see it there, I can't bend it properly, it doesn't close more than that, you know."

EOTR is the Arsene Wenger of After Hours.

See that's the problem with EOTR, he always tries to walk it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Just FYI the definition in the dictionary of "credibility" is "the quality of being trusted or believed".

Make of that what you will!

darkdubh wrote: »
    Jesus not you again.

You have an issue with facts and reason do you? I'm sorry, I'm not sorry.

See that's the problem with EOTR, he always tries to walk it in.

I received a warning ( :confused: ) earlier for allegedly 'attacking' a poster. I haven't a clue how what I said is 'attacking', but on the point of insulting posters and not their posts ... why are things like this allowed?

Same standards should apply to all.

Naos wrote: »
    I have not posted in this thread, nor will I after this - but here is what he said, verbatim:

"Look, that's my hand. I took a bullet you know, it's in there, you can see it there, I can't bend it properly, it doesn't close more than that, you know."

Ah it's obvious to any person with full cognitive abilities what he said.

You're asked for proof, you give it, still not good enough. You can lead a horse to the water at the end of the road, but you can't make it drink.

That was at least the second time you asked for this thread for to be taken down.

I received a warning ( :confused: ) earlier for allegedly 'attacking' a poster. I haven't a clue how what I said is 'attacking', but on the point of insulting posters and not their posts ... why are things like this allowed?

It does, you attack the post, not the poster.

Ie, you show the post up for what it is.
    You never try to make out the poster is a fool.
    How hard is that to understand?
    STOP trying to drag the thread ot. If you have a problem with a mod pm him/her. Don't bring it onto the thread.

You'd have to ask the Moderators that I'm afraid. To be fair, I think the poster in question famously asks for proof a lot of the time. It was given to him and he blindly refuses it. So I think a bit of criticism is warranted.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Jesus not you again.

Facts are great. Like the several lies he has been caught up in already.

I admire you actually. I'd want my friends to obfuscate situations when I was guilty of lying to the country that saved me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

smokingman wrote: »
    Is that Prendervil guy the fella that was jacking off in front of everyone on a plane a few years back?

Yes Nurofen Neil Prendeville :P but to be fair, he asked the questions that Halawas didn't want or like but that needed to be asked

Mark Humphrys also was on with Neil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mark Humphrys also was on with Neil

Mark is actually on thread here with us and has offered to debate one of Ibrahim's biggest supporters on boards but that supporter hasn't got the courtesy to even resond. I personally suspect it's because he'll be tied up in knots by Humphrys, if not by himself. A rare wise move.

Mark is actually on thread here with us and has offered to debate one of Ibrahim's biggest supporters on boards but that supporter hasn't got the courtesy to even resond. I personally suspect it's because he'll be tied up in knots by Humphrys, if not by himself. A rare wise move.
    Said supporter does not reply to other posters that point what has happened before, instead posts his/hers crazy take on what has happened.
    The posts come across as so funny. The poster discredit himself/ herself with every post
    :)

Just on this, how do you construe that as attacking a poster? I provided a link top a video of Ibrahim being caught out on a basic enough lie. Everyone sees it. That poster pleads ignorance to it. Another poster likens him to Arsene Wenger, who often used the same tactic ''I didn't see it''. All I did was follow on with a well estabhlished little joke about Arsenal (Wenger's team) walking it in. No attack on eotr at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

deco nate wrote: »
    Tbf, you have no credibility to the majority of the posters on here at this stage. You chop and change "the truth" as you see fit from video that others have posted showing you "finger gate" and then you run backwards. Think i'm wrong. Read back.

i have been consistent on my view in relation to how i believe the events in relation to his hand played out.

i wouldn't be tied up in knots. i'm just not going to go over old ground as it's availible in previous threads. there is also nothing to debate considering ibriham is home and was acquited. if there was evidence he did something he shouldn't have over there he would still be in jail.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

there is also nothing to debate considering ibriham is home and was acquited.

Ok then bye bye

i have been consistent on my view in relation to how i believe the events in relation to his hand played out.

i wouldn't be tied up in knots. i'm just not going to go over old ground as it's availible in previous threads. there is also nothing to debate considering ibriham is home and was acquited. if there was evidence he did something he shouldn't have over there he would still be in jail.

You can be 100% consistently wrong.

May I please get your responses to these ?

1. Which is true - Halawa went to Egypt on holiday and was accidentally caught up in a protest whilst at the cinema OR he went to protest ?

2. Which is true - Halawa was shot in the hand, had both and entrance and an exit wound and extensive damage which was fixed by both an orthopaedic and a plastic surgeon whilst being held in solitary OR he lied.

Originally Posted by end of the road

i wouldn't be tied up in knots.

Proof please.

1. Which is true - Halawa went to Egypt on holiday and was accidentally caught up in a protest whilst at the cinema OR he went to protest ?

2. Which is true - Halawa was shot in the hand, had both and entrance and an exit wound and extensive damage which was fixed by both an orthopaedic and a plastic surgeon whilst being held in solitary OR he lied.

He was refused medical treatment for the egyptian government. And by some miracle he ended up sharing a cell with a doctor that repaired his hand without Any medical instruments. According to his sister's amazing eh? Seems like a made up story...

• Advertisement

He was refused medical treatment for the egyptian government. And by some miracle he ended up sharing a cell with a doctor that repaired his hand without Any medical instruments. According to his sister's amazing eh? Seems like a made up story...

I'd swear I saw that very episode of MacGyver!!!

Is this the same cell he went on hunger strike to get painted :p

And how was his mother able to get food into him? Did she bring him taytos and black puddings from Ireland?

Is this the same cell he went on hunger strike to get painted :p

And how was his mother able to get food into him? Did she bring him taytos and black puddings from Ireland?

And Galtee cheese. Obvs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

The claim that his hand was shot to pieces and barely hanging on, absolutely laughable and if you believe that, you will literally believe anything. I know to some people they feel they have to defend anything Islamic, anything which you feel must align with your leftist views which isn't the same thing as liberal views. His story is bollocks, I'd stop believing it if I was you.

If people remained on topic it would be a lot easier to sift through the mumble jumble. What have 'lefties' got to do with Ibrahim's interview in Cork?

Rather this 'liberal lefty snowflake' rhetoric epitomises everything about the people here that are attempting to find lies and deceit when there is no evidence.

If he was guilty, you can bet your bottom dollar the Egyptians would have seen to it that he was taken to the cleaners. If even they found no fault, when it was all on their land in front of them ... what does Paddy in Mayo know that the judges in charge of the case didn't know?

Again, you are more than welcome to go and talk to him after one of his events, you can ask HIM directly. Staying up on boards till all hours attempting to solve a non existent mystery won't solve a thing.

I'd swear I saw that very episode of MacGyver!!!

Or Burn Notice :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Can anyone provide an answer was he shot or was this another lie from his sisters?

If people remained on topic it would be a lot easier to sift through the mumble jumbo. What have 'lefties' got to do with Ibrahim's interview in Cork?

Rather this 'liberal lefty snowflake' rhetoric epitomises everything about the people here that are attempting to find lies and deceit when there is no evidence.

If he was guilty, you can bet your bottom dollar the Egyptians would have seen to it that he was taken to the cleaners. If even they found no fault, when it was all on their land in front of them ... what does Paddy in Mayo know that the judges in charge of the case didn't know?

Again, you are more than welcome to go and talk to him after one of his events, you can ask HIM directly. Staying up on boards till all hours attempting to solve a non existent mystery won't solve a thing.
    The only mumbo jumbo is coming from you trying hard to shut down this topic.

I really hope it doesn't happen.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Can anyone provide an answer was he shot or was this another lie from his sisters?

I'd be careful about using 'another' lie, I'm not sure it's legal to accuse someone of a string of lies with no evidence.

He was shot anyway for sure.

I'd be careful about using 'another' lie, I'm not sure it's legal to accuse someone of a string of lies with no evidence.

Proof please.

And now you are a solicitor?

• Advertisement

Proof please.

Ok send me your address and I'll post you the bullet ...

What on earth do people want

He needs to write a book. He missed out on this Christmas.

He should do an AMA on here

Don't start.

Proof please.

Him to stop lying and treating the Irish people like idiots.

people here that are attempting to find lies and deceit when there is no evidence.

Except for, you know, the evidence of the whole hand thing being a lie posted here.

He should do an AMA on here

Can you actually imagine?

Really and truly all that needs to be said has been said.

The whole nation have forgotten him except for a few people here with a major axe to grind. I really see no point in this discussion, but carry on, it's just not gonna achieve anything. It's actually old news at this stage and he has moved on and is focussing on his new lease of life. The only ones getting wound up are to be found on here. No one else cares anymore ... it is yesterday's news.

people here that are attempting to find lies and deceit when there is no evidence.

Except for, you know, the evidence of the whole hand thing being a lie posted here.

The lad was shot. I don't think not being shot would have reduced the priority of his case in the eyes of the government. And I doubt the government are stupid to accept a blind lie.

He was shot and it did happen, that's all ye need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

dreamliner wrote:

Perfectly legal to accuse someone of being a liar when they have lied. So anyway was he shot yes or no?

Really and truly all that needs to be said has been said.

The whole nation have forgotten him except for a few people here with a major axe to grind. I really see no point in this discussion, but carry on, it's just not gonna achieve anything. It's actually old news at this stage and he has moved on and is focussing on his new leaf of life. The only ones getting wound up are to be found on here. No one else cares anymore ... it is yesterday's news.

I really do respect you standing up for your school friend but the discussion is not over

Questions remain unanswered, obvious lies are not addressed and the more he remains a public figure we, as the public, have every right to discuss him like any other public figure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement