Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibrahim Halawa radio interview.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

A real live issue here is why the state PUBLIC broadcaster didn't ask this guy the questions the public all want answers to and it was left to a chap on a radio show in Cork to do it. It's not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Shakira, thought she was a South American singer. She a law enforcement official now?

She can handcuff me anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Reati wrote: »
    Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Shakira, thought she was a South American singer. She a law enforcement official now?

I'd love to live under Shakira law!

I already do. *shakeships*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Yes, he only intermittently engaged with them, and demonstrated no evidence of being open-minded on the issues. It was a hatchet job that I think is being received well on boards only because of the soft treatment he has received elsewhere. Two wrongs don't make a right

In fairness it was hard for him to get a word in at times. The sister in particular went off long tangents that appeared designed to eat up airtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I already do. *shakeships*

don't lie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Good on Neil for putting the spotlight on the inexcusable and extremist views of the Muslim brotherhood.

The two Halawas were pathetic when asked some pertinent questions. The brother particularly so.

If you listen on after the interview, he takes some calls and the first one is a lady (also Islamic) who doesn't believe a word of what they said.

The next fella congratulates Neil on asking the questions no-one else seems to want to.

They (the Halawa's) don't seem to be convincing many anyway!

darkdubh wrote: »
    In fairness it was hard for him to get a word in at times. The sister in particular went off long tangents that appeared designed to eat up airtime.

Yes that is true. I don't think any participant came out well tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Dev84 wrote: »
    road_high wrote: »
    Well that's a bit at odds with "Shakira" Law then :pac:

Read the first line of my post re Shakira law.

I'd love me some Shakira law, her hips don't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'd love me some Shakira law,
    You have to get down on your knees 5 times a day.

deco nate wrote: »
    No **** sherlock, I was speaking about a poster, who ironically thanked your post without hint of self awareness by the way, who attacked someone for using the correct spelling Moslem, then claimed the correct spelling was actually Muslem (sic)
    I read this and thought you were talking about me!

Not you no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Billy86 wrote: »
    Nah, Sharia law is one thing but people who move from one country to another will always, invariably, bring some of their culture with them.

Its when they want to impose their culture on us its the problem. Too many immigrants want to force their customs on the Countries they're immigrating too.

Phoebas wrote: »
    I'd love me some Shakira law,
    You have to get down on your knees 5 times a day.

For Shakira? I'll only have to come up for air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its when they want to impose their culture on us its the problem. Too many immigrants want to force their customs on the Countries they're immigrating too.

Yes, things like the reaction to The Satanic Verses or that manufactured Danish cartoon nonsense isn't multiculturism.

JJayoo wrote: »
    4 years locked in an Egyptian prison not knowing if you will ever get out poor basstarrd

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

But you initial post I quoted was that cultures should not co-exist in harmony and instead everyone should assimilate to our exact culture, which basically doesn't happen in the history of human migration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

road_high wrote: »
    Did I say he wrote it? But it’s clear he supports it from that interview which is very telling.

Was there any masterbating?

Was there any masterbating?

No, but there was a bit of Halawa-baiting

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

Ah the typical 'he supports sharia law!' reaction

Well there's something we wouldn't have been able to predict :/ ... Muslim supports shariah law, hold the front page!

I despair at what I read on here at times. What next? Jews support the law of Moses? Christians support Biblical law!? Never!

As for his views on gay marriage, who gives a damn. So long as he isn't planning to kill them who cares? We have an entire county who voted against gay marriage.

There are serious issues around this case, but this nonsense that he supports sharia law and wanting to know his views on homosexuality is stupid, and in my view takes away from the real issues at hand. There are far more important, and relevant, questions that he could be getting asked.

dreamliner wrote: »

Well there's something we wouldn't have been able to predict :/ ... Muslim supports shariah law, hold the front page!

I despair at what I read on here at times. What next? Jews support the law of Moses? Christians support Biblical law!? Never!

As for his views on gay marriage, who gives a damn. So long as he isn't planning to kill them who cares? We have an entire county who voted against gay marriage.

There are serious issues around this case, but this nonsense that he supports sharia law and wanting to know his views on homosexuality is stupid, and in my view takes away from the real issues at hand. There are far more important, and relevant, questions that he could be getting asked.

All of Longford voted against gay marriage? Who are you, Marion Keyes?

• Advertisement

Think it was Roscommon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How are his views on Gay people relevant to his being locked up for protesting in Egypt? :confused:

He's making himself a public figure. He can be asked anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Think it was Roscommon

Roscommon was 52-48 against the Referendum.

Think it was Roscommon

My mistake, it was Roscommon / South Leitrim.

He's making himself a public figure. He can be asked anything.

He can, but the questions should have some kind of relevance.
    I can't think what his views on gay people have to do with his situation in Egypt.

Nor do I have any idea how he would have voted in the marriage referendum. He was in prison at the time so he couldn't have committed the offence of voting against it, along with 3 quarters of a million of his fellow citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Dev84 wrote: »
    Im not advocating shakira law but surely a corner stone of our country is to allow other cultures to co-exist in harmony.

I dunno....looks like it would be alright to me

tumblr_oh0a966mk51ttx8pko1_400.gif

• Advertisement

All of Longford (pop. 40,000) didn't but about 20 times that amount did throughout the country.

How disingenuous of you to miss the point entirely, and knowingly. I think the point is proven.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

He can, but the questions should have some kind of relevance.
    I can't think what his views on gay people have to do with his situation in Egypt.

Nor do I have any idea how he would have voted in the marriage referendum. He was in prison at the time so he couldn't have committed the offence of voting against it, along with 3 quarters of a million of his fellow citizens.

They do if he was in Egypt in support of the Muslim Brotherhood, an organisation well known for its hardline stance against homosexuality.

As for his views on gay marriage, who gives a damn. So long as he isn't planning to kill them who cares? .

Everybody should give a damn. He went over to Egypt in support of ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood. Those groups have been known to kill gays in horrific ways. He might not want to kill them now, but who knows what will happen if the Irish Govt allows them to become the majority.

Everybody should give a damn. He went over to Egypt in support of ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood. Those groups have been known to kill gays in horrific ways. He might not want to kill them now, but who knows what will happen if the Irish Govt allows them to become the majority.

Ah here. Mods are there no rules against blatant slander and defamation?

That is a serious accusation that has been made with absolutely 0 evidence. I don't think that is acceptable.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant a reply, it's clear what entirely off the track thinking you seem to possess.

• Advertisement

They do if he was in Egypt in support of the Muslim Brotherhood, an organisation well known for its hardline stance against homosexuality.
    How so?

Ah here. Mods are there no rules against blatant slander and defamation?

That is a serious accusation that has been made with absolutely 0 evidence. I don't think that is acceptable.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant a reply, it's clear what entirely off the track thinking you seem to possess.

He was arrested for wearing an ISIS headband.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Just shows how cynical and shameful was Matt Coopers "interview with Halawa the other day. It was the equivalent of one of those payed for reviews of a restaurant or business in a local newspaper.
    The new hyper PC Matt showing his credentials. Shown up more like.

He was arrested for wearing an ISIS headband.
    How was it an ISIS headband?

Billy86 wrote: »
    How so?

You stated that the questions should have some kind of relevance. You don't think it's relevant to question him about his links to such an organisation? Do you think its irrelevant to question Jerry Adams about the IRA too?

Does this win some kind of prize for the dumbest post on here?? :cool:

Even if Halawa took a hardline stance against homosexuality (he doesn't, but that's by the bye), what would that have to do with his situation in Egypt?
    He isn't running for office; he isn't in any position of power, so how are his non controversial views on homosexuality of relevance at all?

Does anyone know where he stands on Brexit ... or the Kardashians?

Does this win some kind of prize for the dumbest post on here?? :cool:

Yours certainly does because you clearly don't know what's going on in the world.

You stated that the questions should have some kind of relevance. You don't think it's relevant to question him about his links to such an organisation? Do you think its irrelevant to question Jerry Adams about the IRA too?
    That's why I asked how his views on same sex marriage which 38% of Ireland disagrees with is relevant. How are they?

Did any of his defenders here actually listen to the interview from start to finish?

• Advertisement

Do you assume all muslims support Sharia Law? The loudest voices in support of sharia are the proponents of political islam like the Muslim Brotherhood who want islamic doctrine written into constitutional law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

My god he's an empty headed buffoon, that was torture to listen to. Ibrahim doesn't like being asked certain questions and just shouts over the interviewer.

My god he's an empty headed buffoon, that was torture to listen to. Ibrahim doesn't like being asked certain questions and just shouts over the interviewer.

Certain people on this thread don't like him being asked certain questions either.

Do you assume all muslims support Sharia Law? The loudest voices in support of sharia are the proponents of political islam like the Muslim Brotherhood who want islamic doctrine written into constitutional law.

Shariah law is what every muslim will aspire to follow. It is the very core of the faith, being a muslim in itself means someone believes shariah law to be the law of god and ultimate authority. The same way Jews would believe the laws in the talmud/torah.

The followers of said law will follow it, however where it may contradict with the common law of whatever land its followers are in, then they are to follow the law of the land, doing this is actually a law within shariah law. To respect the law of the land you are in but practice it where there is no contradiction.

Again, what bloody relevance has this got to do with halawa? The priorities here are all over the shop.

Ask why he was protesting, ask why he was on a stage getting involved in a political mess in a different land, but his views on shariah and homosexuality? Very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Even if Halawa took a hardline stance against homosexuality (he doesn't, but that's by the bye), what would that have to do with his situation in Egypt?
    He isn't running for office; he isn't in any position of power, so how are his non controversial views on homosexuality of relevance at all?

Does anyone know where he stands on Brexit ... or the Kardashians?

The Kardashians don't want to throw gay people off tall buildings last time i checked so who cares were he stands on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

IH starts his interview again mentioning he was born in the Coombe I was a normal 17 year old blah blah

His sister is a moany hole she had again an opportunity to thank the Irish government but no. The Irish government bent over backwards for him, put in 20,000 working hours on him come on. I can't abide her at all. She is so bitter.

IH went over to Egypt to voice his & his dad's views Imo. To get up on stage at a rally eh no that's not what normal 17 year olds do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

No sign of him getting a job ???

Ask why he was protesting, ask why he was on a stage getting involved in a political mess in a different land, but his views on shariah and homosexuality? Very poor.

I guess where I am interested in this point is where I see a lot of his support coming from in debates on twitter where I can see peoples profiles.

He would get quite a lot of his support from people with a bit of a politically correct left wing view point who, I assume.... hell, I know, would attack me heavily if I came out with any criticism of the gay community.

(I wouldnt by the way)

However he can have a free pass on his views.
    I just find this support rather confusing.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I hope the near 40% of the Irish electorate who voted against gay marriage are being subjected to the same vitriol as IH is!

You know, for equality's sake.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I guess where I am interested in this point is where I see a lot of his support coming from in debates on twitter where I can see peoples profiles.

He would get quite a lot of his support from people with a bit of a politically correct left wing view point who, I assume.... hell, I know, would attack me heavily if I came out with any criticism of the gay community.

(I wouldnt by the way)

However he can have a free pass on his views.
    I just find this support rather confusing.
    What are his views on the gay community that he's getting this free pass about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement