Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibrahim Halawa radio interview.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Left love to deflect.

:pac:

"The "Far-Right" aren't the ones throwing acid in Women's faces and have now taken to plowing vehicles into high pedestrian areas."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are moves being made to hand over the sisters to the Eqyptian authorities?

These are wanted women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Billy86 wrote: »
    You've said it so often that it might as well be your sig line at this point:

So either you're knowingly hanging around with extremists, or you're telling porkies.

Wow I'm honored that you would go through my history of posts to try to prove your point. So let me explain

There are no moderate Muslims. There are ex Muslims, Muslims or Extremists
    ex Muslims self explanatory
    Muslims if you find me a practising Muslim who does not believe in some form of Sharia I will gladly be proved wrong
    Extremists have extreme views on Sharia, can be terrorists

So no I am not hanging around with extremists, my friends have through their faith different views to myself but not extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

gozunda wrote: »
    As a recent arrival on boards you aint half set yourself up as the authority on Islam on this thread.

Pity you can't get all your "facts" correct though...

The boards charter says those with less than a certain amount of posts have less of an opinion does it? Why the hell are you even interested in my history?

I have been a member for nearly 3 years, what's it to you?

And tell me what I've said that is factually incorrect and we'll see what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Can't believe this thread is still open, your gonna have to try harder lads to get it shut down, your just not goading the majority(who what to keep open) of people in the rightway(racism hasn't been used much yet). I'll check back tomorrow with ye and see. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

"The "Far-Right" aren't the ones throwing acid in Women's faces and have now taken to plowing vehicles into high pedestrian areas."

Wow you got a couple of examples. Worldwide there are more acid attacks in Asia it has to do with honour crap
    You know when some " Far right " gob****e mows down people in Ireland or throws acid in someones face over here then I will call them out on it
    We have already had examples of radical Muslims in Ireland so for me at this moment in time they are the threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So who's throwing acid in Women's faces and plowing vehicles into pedestrians in London, France,Germany,Sweden? Your precious Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

dreamliner wrote: »
    The boards charter says those with less than a certain amount of posts have less of an opinion does it? Why the hell are you even interested in my history?

And tell me what I've said that is factually incorrect and we'll see what the story is.

And the majority of your posts on boards have been about this lad, wonder are you one of the sisters by any chance..... Just saying like. No offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Interesting listen . Now what time is the Saturday movie starring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wahey - a bit defensive as well! If you set out 'facts - do at least expect to be challenged on them ...

42 posts in three years and then you go viral - wow!

It's nothing to do with having an 'opinion' - as Ive said you've set yourself up as a bit of an authority on this thread.

I have already posted twice regarding your 'facts' on sharia law and not a peep out of you ...

;)

• Advertisement

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Wow I'm honored that you would go through my history of posts to try to prove your point. So let me explain

Muslims if you find me a practising Muslim who does not believe in some form of Sharia I will gladly be proved wrong

So no I am not hanging around with extremists, my friends have through their faith different views to myself but not extreme
    No worries and you're welcome, the search function only takes about 30 seconds and is a great way of calling people out on bullsh**.
    Well unfortunately most Muslims want some form of Sharia Law. How many radical Muslims are there is the world?? Radicals rather than terrorists? More than half world wide

Like all those times you've eagerly linked Sharia with extremism. Quite literally the one above is you saying a poll stating over half of Muslims would want Sharia Law is proof that over half of Muslims are radicals. Now you're claiming every single Muslim practices Sharia Law until proven otherwise (by the way, I've two exes who didn't practice it nor did their families), so yea you are claiming a) you have Muslim friends, b) every Muslim you have ever known practices Sharia, and c) Sharia = radical Islam.

So yes, as I said you're either knowingly hanging out with Muslim extremists and radicals or you're telling porkies.

Anyway, here's some more of your greatest hits:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105287845&postcount=418
    Have you been lately?? Sharia patrols around some mosques, Somalian ghettos, acid attacks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105292800
    Sharia gets set up. Sooner or later police no longer go to these areas. Radicalisation of youth begins....We know what happens after that
    I would have no problem with ex Muslims coming to our country as they are trying to escape from MB, Sharia law etc
    Islamic sheikh Shaikh Mohammad Tawhidi has claimed the real reason the team refused the silence is because under Sharia Law, it is not a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-believer.
    There are many more examples of them wanting to change the country they move to, like wanting to stop people having dogs as pets, wanting pig farmers to stop rearing pigs, wanting to introduce Sharia Law, wanting to have their own state within the country.
    Well no I have actually sat down with a number of Muslims & spoke about Sharia/Gays/Women & none convinced me that they were moderate's & these guys had lived in the UK for a long time.
    Go walk around East London near the mosques & you will see the Sharia Law patrols stopping non Muslims & telling them its a Muslim area
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I haven't vilified any non muslims. Muslims make up 4.5% of the UK population according to wiki, 20% of those people want to bring in sharia law. That's less than 2% of the population. How exactly are they going to bring in sharia law? It's not worth worrying about, there's no legal path for Sharia law in the UK, in Ireland and throughout Europe. It's not ever going to happen so why would I worry about it? It's hysterics and a distraction to spend any time debating it.
    I'm sure people said the same about the Nazi's, Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire etc.

So who's throwing acid in Women's faces and plowing vehicles into pedestrians in London, France,Germany,Sweden? Your precious Muslims.
    I'll just quote myself again for you so since you're predictably appearing too much of a coward to argue your case or admit how wrong you were (again).
    LOL. The "Far-Right" aren't the ones throwing acid in Women's faces and have now taken to plowing vehicles into high pedestrian areas.
    October 2015.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170614/man-with-alleged-nazi-links-admits-driving-his-car-into-refugee-demonstration-in-malmo-sweden
    A 22-year-old man with suspected neo-Nazi links has confessed to driving his Volvo into an Iraqi demonstration outside the Migration Agency in Malmö. Police are investigating it as hate crime.

The man has admitted driving his car into a demonstration of around 20-30 Iraqi nationals protesting Sweden's new and stricter asylum rules outside the Migration Agency in Malmö on two occasions.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-alex-fields-new-charges-charlottesville-car-attack/
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Charlottesville police have added charges against the man authorities say drove his car into a group of counter-protesters at a white nationalist rally.

Police said Friday that they had charged James Alex Fields Jr. with five additional felony charges -- two counts of malicious wounding and three counts of aggravated malicious wounding.

Fields, 20, is accused of ramming his car into a crowd of counter-protesters Saturday, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and wounding dozens more. He has already been charged with second-degree murder and other charges.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/06/london-mosque-attack-driver-charged-terrorism-170623112356082.html
    The British van driver suspected of ramming Muslim worshippers near a London mosque appeared in court on Friday charged with "terrorism-related murder and attempted murder".

Darren Osborne, 47, appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court in central London, speaking to confirm his name, age and that he had no fixed address.

The Crown Prosecution Service said it would argue that Osborne, "motivated by extreme political views and a personal hatred of Muslims, acted to kill, maim, injure and terrify as many people as possible" during this week's attack.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/east-london-acid-attacks-muslim-resham-khan-jameel-muhktar-south-asian-residents-race-hate-crimes-a7821701.html
    A spate of acid attacks has left some Muslim residents of east London afraid to leave their homes.

Fears have been heightened after 21-year-old aspiring model Resham Khan and her cousin Jameel Muhktar, 37, suffered horrific injuries when an attacker squirted acid through their car window in Newham, east London, on 21 June.

Police initially said they had no evidence the attack was racially or religiously motivated.

They reclassified it as a hate crime, however, after Mr Muhktar insisted Islamophobia was involved, and after posts expressing sympathy for the far-right were allegedly found on the Facebook page of John Tomlin, 24, who is being sought for questioning in relation to the incident.

As news of the attack spread, social media users began to report other acid attacks, with some speculating that Muslims or people of Asian appearance were being targeted.

When Muslims are victims of an attack, we refuse to call it terrorism
    The incidents included a man of Asian origin having a noxious substance squirted at him while driving in Commercial Road, Tower Hamlets, on Thursday, with the attackers stealing his car as soon as he got out to seek help.

There were also social media reports of two attacks in East Ham on Friday – one involving a woman being partially burned on her doorstep by someone pretending to be a delivery man, and the other of a woman being targeted by moped-driving acid attackers in the Plashet Grove area.

https://books.google.ie/books?id=3iwlDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA231&lpg=PA231&dq=far+right+acid+attack+-mukhtar&source=bl&ots=ISCFfGn00K&sig=XkDtApzNb13Epg_bXU0tiirJmkQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjx6ZutlNrXAhVfOMAKHZIIAC44ChDoAQhbMAg#v=onepage&q&f=false
    Untitled1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Random questions that a lot of Irish people wanted answers to, so not irrelevant

oh very irrelevant as the "questions" have no actual basis to be asked, given that he was acquitted.
    The Left love to deflect.

the left as a whole? that's amazing. still, at least it's better then murdering democratically elected politicians like elements of the far right like to do.
    Are moves being made to hand over the sisters to the Eqyptian authorities?

These are wanted women.

no as they aren't wanted women.

you were given examples. see post 295.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Run for cover!!!! The masters of the multiquote have invaded - run run!

Wahey - a bit defensive as well! If you set out 'facts - do at least expect to be challenged on them ...

42 posts in three years and then you go viral - wow!

It's nothing to do with having an 'opinion' - as Ive said you've set yourself up as a bit of an authority on this thread.

I have already posted twice regarding your 'facts' on sharia law and not a peep out of you ...

;)

If defensive is calling out your irrelevant nonsense then so be it.

Sharia law is the law of Islam. A Muslim believes it to be God's law and the bedrock of how this life should be lived according to the God who made us. If they don't believe this, then quite simply, they are not Muslim. Believing it is the law of God and believing it should be implemented in the western countries that its adherents live in are 2 separate things in case you have difficulties grasping that. I already told you that an aspect of sharia law is to respect the law of the land in which you live when it comes to issues where there may be contradictions.

Now what relevance does a vote in Azerbaijan have to do with this? You were not ignored because I have no answers, you were ignored because your post was so off the track it didn't deserve one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

If "an aspect of Sharia Law is to obey the laws of the land" then explain why Sharia courts are present in the UK dealing with financial and matrimonial matters, when there already is British law governing these issues?

So a few random incidents erases monthly attacks from Muslims? LOL.

And lol at CBSNews, Aljazeera and Google as credible.
    More than a few there John, and are all from the last 6 months bar one and only took me a few minutes to dig up - there'd be plenty more that went hugely under-reported like the Swedish Neo Nazi ploughing into 30 refugees. The fact is, sensationalist tabloids and the likes prey on the likes of you and as you've shown if it's a white, European or American non-Muslim committing terrorist acts you really, really don't care.

Don't worry I won't ask you engage in those links from reputable sources I've given (I know you're struggling to keep up, the last one was not from Google but a published book on modern right wing terrorism). To be honest, going off your posts you don't appear to actually have the capacity to argue your point in any way shape or form. I'll leave you toddle back to your right wing safe spaces and learn all about those scary brown people. Or to keep embarrassing yourself here, whichever makes you happy Champ! :)

No worries and you're welcome, the search function only takes about 30 seconds and is a great way of calling people out on bullsh**.

Like all those times you've eagerly linked Sharia with extremism. Quite literally the one above is you saying a poll stating over half of Muslims would want Sharia Law is proof that over half of Muslims are radicals. Now you're claiming every single Muslim practices Sharia Law until proven otherwise (by the way, I've two exes who didn't practice it nor did their families), so yea you are claiming a) you have Muslim friends, b) every Muslim you have ever known practices Sharia, and c) Sharia = radical Islam.

So yes, as I said you're either knowingly hanging out with Muslim extremists and radicals or you're telling porkies.

As has been explained by many of your buddies on here there are different parts of Sharia so parts are extreme some are not so I dont know what your going on about. Or are you trying to make out now that Sharia law is extreme?

If "an aspect of Sharia Law is to obey the laws of the land" then explain why Sharia courts are present in the UK dealing with financial and matrimonial matters, when there already is British law governing these issues?

The UK shariah courts operate within the realm of British common law. They exist for people who want their matters settled Islamically, but they still can only do so once the Shariah solution fits in with British common law. For example if a couple divorce, they may both choose to have an Islamic judge deal with their case in accordance with sharia instead of British law, but again no rulings can break the common law of the land.

• Advertisement

More than a few there John, and are all from the last 6 months bar one and only took me a few minutes to dig up - there'd be plenty more that went hugely under-reported like the Swedish Neo Nazi ploughing into 30 refugees. The fact is, sensationalist tabloids and the likes prey on the likes of you and as you've shown if it's a white, European or American non-Muslim committing terrorist acts you really, really don't care.

Don't worry I won't ask you engage in those links from reputable sources I've given (I know you're struggling to keep up, the last one was not from Google but a published book on modern right wing terrorism). To be honest, going off your posts you don't appear to actually have the capacity to argue your point in any way shape or form. I'll leave you toddle back to your right wing safe spaces and learn all about those scary brown people. Or to keep embarrassing yourself here, whichever makes you happy Champ! :)

Its not that anyone doesn't care its that we are not importing hundreds of neo nazis into Ireland
    If we ever do we will ask your advise

Sharia law is the law of Islam. A Muslim believes it to be God's law and the bedrock of how this life should be lived according to the God who made us. If they don't believe this, then quite simply, they are not Muslim. Believing it is the law of God and believing it should be implemented in the western countries that its adherents live in are 2 separate things in case you have difficulties grasping that. I already told you that an aspect of sharia law is to respect the law of the land in which you live when it comes to issues where there may be contradictions.

Now what relevance does a vote in Azerbaijan have to do with this? You were not ignored because I have no answers, you were ignored because your post was so off the track it didn't deserve one.

Ah the old deflection trick. Very poor. And no it wasn't a "vote in Azerbaijan". It was a survey of many Islamic countries and their views on sharia law. You don't like that :D There was no mention of implementing it in "western countries" ....

Do remember you were preaching on
    The fact that "Shariah law is what every muslim will aspire to follow"

This is not always the case ...

Here it is again.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

"God who made us???? I think you have your played your hand there tbh. That god hasn't anything to do with me anyway ...

The 'facts' you presented were absolute bullcrap btw

You were faced into providing a reply. Suck it up.

I notice you once again set yourself up as an 'expert' on the matter. I prefer to refer to a less evidently one man "authority' as what a definition of sharia is tbh.
    Sharīʿah, also spelled Sharia, the fundamental religious concept of Islam, namely its law, systematized during the 2nd and 3rd centuries of the Muslim era (8th–9th centuries ce).

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Shariah

because effectively they are only advisery, and can only work in terms of the religious aspect on these issues. state law very much applies.
    a church marriage would work along the same lines. the state part is the relevant part, the religious part is an added extra.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Its not that anyone doesn't care its that we are not importing hundreds of neo nazis into Ireland
    If we ever do we will ask your advise
    Don't worry, you'll be grand without it as you're the one making friends and hanging out with Muslim extremists and radicals by your own admission.

Don't worry, you'll be grand without it as you're the one making friends and hanging out with Muslim extremists and radicals by your own admission.

You still haven't explained how that is true
    As has been preached to many on here Sharia law is not extreme....just parts of it;)

Ah the old deflection trick. Very poor. And no it wasn't a "vote in Azerbaijan". It was a survey of many Islamic countries and their views on sharia law. You don't like that :D There was no mention of implementing it in "western countries" ....

Her it is again.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

"God who made us???? I think you have your played your hand there tbh. That god hasn't anything to do with me anyway ...

The 'facts' you presented were absolute bullcrap btw

You were faced into providing a reply. Suck it up.

I notice you once again set yourself up as an 'expert' on the matter. I prefer to refer to a less evidently one man "authority' as what a definition of sharia is tbh.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Shariah

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/52-understanding-islamic-law.html

"Islamic civilization, since the time of Prophet Muhammad (s) until now, is firmly founded on the concept of ‘rule of law.’ For that reason, the law is published and known, and citizens and courts are expected to uphold it. In addition, Muslim citizens must adhere to Islamic law - Shariah."

From the Islamic Supreme Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

smokingman wrote: »
    Is that Prendervil guy the fella that was jacking off in front of everyone on a plane a few years back?

So fcuking what? Was he jacking off on the Halawas during the interview? If not, then it's irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org/understanding-islam/legal-rulings/52-understanding-islamic-law.html

"Islamic civilization, since the time of Prophet Muhammad (s) until now, is firmly founded on the concept of ‘rule of law.’ For that reason, the law is published and known, and citizens and courts are expected to uphold it. In addition, Muslim citizens must adhere to Islamic law - Shariah."

So in that case if there is a conflict between the Law of the Land, Irish Law for example, and Sharia Law, which law should a follower of Sharia adhere to.

You still haven't explained how that is true
    As has been preached to many on here Sharia law is not extreme....just parts of it;)
    Sorry but you've been so eager to paint it as extreme in your time on boards that you can't make that claim. Here is why, the first quote particularly:

Well unfortunately most Muslims want some form of Sharia Law. How many radical Muslims are there is the world?? Radicals rather than terrorists? More than half world wide

Have you been lately?? Sharia patrols around some mosques, Somalian ghettos, acid attacks

Sharia gets set up. Sooner or later police no longer go to these areas. Radicalisation of youth begins....We know what happens after that
    I would have no problem with ex Muslims coming to our country as they are trying to escape from MB, Sharia law etc
    Islamic sheikh Shaikh Mohammad Tawhidi has claimed the real reason the team refused the silence is because under Sharia Law, it is not a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-believer.
    There are many more examples of them wanting to change the country they move to, like wanting to stop people having dogs as pets, wanting pig farmers to stop rearing pigs, wanting to introduce Sharia Law, wanting to have their own state within the country.
    Well no I have actually sat down with a number of Muslims & spoke about Sharia/Gays/Women & none convinced me that they were moderate's & these guys had lived in the UK for a long time.
    Go walk around East London near the mosques & you will see the Sharia Law patrols stopping non Muslims & telling them its a Muslim area
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I haven't vilified any non muslims. Muslims make up 4.5% of the UK population according to wiki, 20% of those people want to bring in sharia law. That's less than 2% of the population. How exactly are they going to bring in sharia law? It's not worth worrying about, there's no legal path for Sharia law in the UK, in Ireland and throughout Europe. It's not ever going to happen so why would I worry about it? It's hysterics and a distraction to spend any time debating it.
    I'm sure people said the same about the Nazi's, Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire etc.

When you put that much consistent effort over time into trying to paint Sharia law as extremist, to the point of literally saying over half of Muslims polled wanting Sharia = over half Muslims are radicalised, you don't get to expect being taken seriously or at face value when you try and claim the opposite to back up an argument over your claimed Muslims friends. Either they don't follow Sharia and you lied about that, or they do and by your own admission you're hanging around with extremists and radicals, or... they never existed.

It's your own hole that you dug yourself, but since people on the right love to bang on about accountability I'm sure you won't be at all hypocritical over that.

• Advertisement

So all "citizens" of Ireland must obey sharia :eek:

Perhaps you would stop obfuscating and respond to the points actually made.

that-would-be-3dsosw.jpg

Billy8669 wrote: »
    Lick my sack :)

You ball bag.

And the thread descends to this ... :rolleyes:

And the thread descends to this ... :rolleyes:

Don't bother, it's you-know-who. They'll be re-regging new accounts all night if people keep giving them attention. As you can see below, they'll go to some lengths to get anyone to notice them. Best to just leave them to their own devices.

So all "citizens" of Ireland must obey sharia :eek:

Perhaps you would stop obfuscating and respond to the points actually made.

that-would-be-3dsosw.jpg

I need to ask a serious question, did you ever go to school? Did you study English and have to read articles and the like and then answer questions on them? Really you're not showing any evidence of having ever done that.

You proposed that my initial statement that all Muslims are bound by sharia law, and if they don't practice it they at least at heart believe it to be true was false. You then posted some link (the relevance of which is non-existant but we'll ignore that) and claimed that some muslims voted they wouldn't like it implemented in whatever nations, meaning for it to be proof that my initial statement was wrong.

I then found you something 'from the horses mouth' that directly stated the followers of Islam are bound by sharia law. What do you do? Go off on a completely different tangent leading us into another galaxy of discussion.

Now you want to stir up a load of nonsense that the link somehow says Irish citizens are bound by sharia? Why? Are all Irish people Muslims? What on earth are you talking about.

My God what sort of people live in this country.

I need to ask a serious question, did you ever go to school? Did you study English and have to read articles and the like and then answer questions on them? Really you're not showing any evidence of having ever done that.

You proposed that my initial statement that all Muslims are bound by sharia law, and if they don't practice it they at least at heart believe it to be true was false. You then posted some link (the relevance of which is non-existant but we'll ignore that) and claimed that some muslims voted they wouldn't like it implemented in whatever nations, meaning for it to be proof that my initial statement was wrong.

Remember this if you know nothing else: attack the post not the poster.

The link I posted was directly relevant to the claim you made. Don't like it? Tough.
    I then found you something 'from the horses mouth' that directly stated the followers of Islam are bound by sharia law. What do you do? Go off on a completely different tangent leading us into another galaxy of discussion.

You retreated to a one man band definition and again set yourself up and "the expert" (is that you horse?)
    Now you want to stir up a load of nonsense that the link somehow says Irish citizens are bound by sharia? Why? Are all Irish people Muslims? What on earth are you talking about.

Your quote clearly says that "citizens" must obey sharia law :eek:
    My God what sort of people live in this country.

Ok you lost me there - which god are we talking about exactly?

Sorry but you've been so eager to paint it as extreme in your time on boards that you can't make that claim. Here is why, the first quote particularly:

When you put that much consistent effort over time into trying to paint Sharia law as extremist, to the point of literally saying over half of Muslims polled wanting Sharia = over half Muslims are radicalised, you don't get to expect being taken seriously or at face value when you try and claim the opposite to back up an argument over your claimed Muslims friends. Either they don't follow Sharia and you lied about that, or they do and by your own admission you're hanging around with extremists and radicals, or... they never existed.

It's your own hole that you dug yourself, but since people on the right love to bang on about accountability I'm sure you won't be at all hypocritical over that.

1.5 billion Muslims, yes around 50% are radical.
    Again if you are here saying ALL Sharia law is extreme then I will admit I was wrong & my mates are extremists as well
    If not them I dont understand how 1.5billion Muslims worldwide around half are radicalised & believe in an extreme form of Sharia EG: beheadings,throwing gays off roofs, stoning etc
    Others believe in a less extreme form of Sharia, men/women separate, burkas etc. I dont agree with them on this & have told them so, are they extreme because of this?

• Advertisement

Remember this if you know nothing else: attack the post not the poster.

The link I posted was directly relevant to the claim you made. Don't like it? Tough.

You retreated to a one man band definition and again set yourself up and "the expert" (is that you horse?)

Your quote clearly says that "citizens" must obey sharia law :eek:

Ok you lost me there - which god are we talking about exactly?

I couldn't care less about the link, but it had no relevance and was out of place. What is it about Azerbaijan that somehow defines what the rulings of Islam are?

And no, if you read it properly, it says "In addition, Muslim citizens must adhere to Islamic law - Shariah." ... my very first point you sought to disprove!

What is this even ?

Mods we seriously need some cleaning up on this thread.

Ignore it, it's a person who I reckon has mental health issues who feels the need to create 10-20 accounts at a night at random to try and say something "outrageous" in order to get attention. I've offered to get them in touch with mental health services and the hope they know offer is always there, but the best approach is to just leave alone and let the mods clear it up when they're around.

None of your business, now fcuk off back to Egypt you cnut.

Will we go see the pyramids will we? I'm not sure you're old enough though tbh.

Now shutdown mammies laptop and run off to bed before she finds what you're up to, there's a good boy.

OK I'm out of here before the close down....enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

OK I'm out of here before the close down....enjoy

Dia duit

Asalam alikum ðŸ˜

God bless

Good luck

Im off aswell....too many ignorant lefties and snowflakes :)

• Advertisement

I couldn't care less about the link, but it had no relevance and was out of place. What is it about Azerbaijan that somehow defines what the rulings of Islam are?

I suggest you reread that link in relation to the survey on sharia. It lists many Muslim countries not just Azerbaijan (more deflection btw on your part)

You very clearly made the statement that:
    dreamliner wrote:
    The fact that "Shariah law is what every muslim will aspire to follow"

I showed that this is not always the case ...

Here is the link again.

http://www.pewresearch...nd-around-the-world/
    And no, if you read it properly, it says "In addition, Muslim citizens must adhere to Islamic law - Shariah." ... my very first point you sought to disprove!

The piece you quoted states that "citizens" are expected to uphold the role of (Islamic?) Law. Hence my question.
    http://www.islamicsupr...ing-islamic-law.html

"Islamic civilization, since the time of Prophet Muhammad (s) until now, is firmly founded on the concept of ‘rule of law.’ For that reason, the law is published and known, and citizens and courts are expected to uphold it. In addition, Muslim citizens must adhere to Islamic law - Shariah."

Look just drop the shovel - the hole is quite big enough already ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

What about non western countries?

What about non western countries?

i'd imagine the same applies. respect the law of that country where it conflicts with sharia

i'd imagine the same applies. respect the law of that country where it conflicts with sharia

Respectfully I was asking dreamliner who posted it, it seems an unnecessary addition.

Respectfully I was asking dreamliner who posted it, it seems an unnecessary addition.

his post answered what you were looking for.

his post answered what you were looking for.

Who's post?

What is the timeline of IH before being detained btw, is there consensus on how the number of protests attended or if it was just one and what the content of them was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

What is the timeline of IH before being detained btw, is there consensus on how the number of protests attended or if it was just one and what the content of them was.

A load of Islamists wanting to depose of the regime.

just the 1 protest. the protest was about the overthrowing of the government and subsiquent murdering of protesters that followed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Yeah, you could tell he'd done his homework. Really caught the pair of them off guard.

At 1:34.28 Prendeville sums it up as,"A likeable lad,but appears to be out of his depth".

After listening to the interview,which I felt richochet'd all over the place,I really feel Ibrahim should be allowed to decide his own future path.

It appears to outside observers,that Ibrahim has been encouraged to believe that his new calling in life is to represent everybody who is "Banged up Abroad" even if,as he suggests himself,they are guilty.

Earlier in the interview,it is suggested that Ibrahim's Cairene troubles stem from him acting as an agent of his Father,a view which the interview itself,tends to confirm.

Since his return,Ibrahim has been at pains to outline his political naivety at the time,yet the known timeline of events show the siblings spending a significant period staffing a media desk,on behalf of the organisers of the protest,surely not a function allocated to anything but the most committed and knowledgeable ?

Personally,I see no point in seeking to pick holes in an already well picked account,the public views of which are,by now,well polarized.

I see the requirement being more of a focus on why it was felt necessary for his Sisters to,essentially seek to usurp the function of the Government and the Dept of Foreign Affairs in regard to Irish Foreign Policy.

In addition,I would ask if the Irish Government and it's Foreign Affairs Staff are due an apology,and an acceptance of the fact that they pulled out all of the stops for Ibrahim,eventually securing his release.

From this vantage point,and the references to Ibrahim's Coffee morning with Colm O Gorman,it seems that his 4 years of incarceration will be well utilized as a focal point for a managed career in Social Justice Campaigning.

We are a long way,in this performance, from the Fat Lady's aria :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement