Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibrahim Halawa radio interview.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

What is the timeline of IH before being detained btw, is there consensus on how the number of protests attended or if it was just one and what the content of them was.

The timeline,or that of it which managed to be preserved in the aftermath of the arrests,points to a long established tradition of extended Family Holidays to Egypt,encouraged by Sheykh Halawa in order to maintain the childrens Egyptian ties and particularly their aptitude in the Arabic language.

There is a suggestion that Ibrahims Mother was living in Cairo,and at least one of Ibrahims sisters,had already relocated to Egypt in order to work.

It seems that,whilst ostensibly Irish as a family,Sheykh Halawa is keen to maintain a strong Egyptian ethos,which is no different from any immigrant grouping in any foreign country.

However,what makes the Halawa case different to others which have gone before it,is the role played by their belief structure ,and particularly the many radical interpretations of how it should be practiced and projected within a non-Islamic framework.

As an example,We know that Sheykh Halawa,in his role on the Fatwah Council,has quite definitively stated that he believes Homosexuality to be,in most cases,an illness,capable of treatment.

Such a view would appear to place,Ibrahim and his father,at significant varience with each other,a fact fleetingly but tantalisingly touched on by Mr Prendiville.

It could be said that we have reached a limit with the Halawa case,and it could also be quite possible that some elements of the family would perhaps,prefer to return to a less publicly viewed & discussed existence,something which every new media appearance by the children,now renders less & less possible.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

What is the timeline of IH before being detained btw, is there consensus on how the number of protests attended or if it was just one and what the content of them was.

It would appear he attended multiple protests over a number of weeks. This is supported by his own comments on video and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ahh sure I remember the statement that they just wanted him home. And him saying he just wanted time to himself. you know, just to get back to normal/didn't want to be in the limelight. So why the fcuk is he in the media?!
    Think about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

deco nate wrote: »
    Ahh sure I remember the statement that they just wanted him home. And him saying he just wanted time to himself. you know, just to get back to normal/didn't want to be in the limelight. So why the fcuk is he in the media?!
    Think about it....

I believe it rhymes with dropaganda.

just the 1 protest. the protest was about the overthrowing of the government and subsiquent murdering of protesters that followed it.

What an excellent effort in obfusication. ;)

Familly attended multiple protests organised and led by the Muslin Brotherhood. The MB protests were in opposition to a populist uprising which had called for the overthrow of Morsi and which was subsequently achieved by the military. It is of note that Morsi was the political head of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and he used the Egyptian democratic process for the purpose of election but once elected he attempted to introduce islamist policies whilst in power. His downfall followed shortly after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

gozunda wrote:
    It would appear he attended multiple protests over a number of weeks. This is supported by his own comments on video and elsewhere.

I listened to the interview and a lot of what he said made sense. He's being going over there anyway visiting family. But one year his friends got shot and that pushed him into activism and protests. I get it. It's the reason here that young people joined the IRA. Also the reason many were interned without trial.

I listened to the interview and a lot of what he said made sense. He's being going over there anyway visiting family. But one year his friends got shot and that pushed him into activism and protests. I get it. It's the reason here that young people joined the IRA. Also the reason many were interned without trial.

It may have made sense. However there is video and other available evidence that the siblings attended the protests over several weeks and were fairly well involved in what was going on. His "friends" (he didn't live in Egypt btw) were alledgedly shot at one of the protests he was attending. So a bit of chicken and egg type argument there on his behalf imo. Not quite truthful perhaps.

As far as I can work out the protests involved the arrest of many as the military tried to restore order. The creaking Egyptian legal system and the sheer numbers arranged for trial meant that there were considerable delays well beyond anything we would consider acceptable in the West - but then Egypt is not a western country in any shape or form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My point is that what he was saying was very plausible. Having grown up in a border area, Im well aware how easy it is to become an activist.

It seems to me that people are taking that context and jumping straight to Sharia and Isis conclusions.

My point is that what he was saying was very plausible. Having grown up in a border area, Im well aware how easy it is to become an activist.

It seems to me that people are taking that context and jumping straight to Sharia and Isis conclusions.
    He was protesting over the majority of his time over there, fact. Yet he played down this in every interview he has done so far, you know. The interviews he said he wasn't going to do. He just wanted to go back to his old life. Yet here he is, still giving interviews......

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    It may have made sense. However there is video and other available evidence that the siblings attended the protests over several weeks and were fairly well involved in what was going on. His "friends" (he didn't live in Egypt btw) were alledgedly shot at one of the protests he was attending. So a bit of chicken and egg type argument there on his behalf imo. Not quite truthful perhaps.

As far as I can work out the protests involved the arrest of many as the military tried to restore order. The creaking Egyptian legal system and the sheer numbers arranged for trial meant that there were considerable delays well beyond anything we would consider acceptable in the West - but then Egypt is not a western country in any shape or form.
    It would help if he named his friends...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

just the 1 protest. the protest was about the overthrowing of the government and subsiquent murdering of protesters that followed it.

That's seems reasonable.

What do you think of gozundas reply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The timeline,or that of it which managed to be preserved in the aftermath of the arrests,points to a long established tradition of extended Family Holidays to Egypt,encouraged by Sheykh Halawa in order to maintain the childrens Egyptian ties and particularly their aptitude in the Arabic language.

There is a suggestion that Ibrahims Mother was living in Cairo,and at least one of Ibrahims sisters,had already relocated to Egypt in order to work.

It seems that,whilst ostensibly Irish as a family,Sheykh Halawa is keen to maintain a strong Egyptian ethos,which is no different from any immigrant grouping in any foreign country.

However,what makes the Halawa case different to others which have gone before it,is the role played by their belief structure ,and particularly the many radical interpretations of how it should be practiced and projected within a non-Islamic framework.

As an example,We know that Sheykh Halawa,in his role on the Fatwah Council,has quite definitively stated that he believes Homosexuality to be,in most cases,an illness,capable of treatment.

Such a view would appear to place,Ibrahim and his father,at significant varience with each other,a fact fleetingly but tantalisingly touched on by Mr Prendiville.

It could be said that we have reached a limit with the Halawa case,and it could also be quite possible that some elements of the family would perhaps,prefer to return to a less publicly viewed & discussed existence,something which every new media appearance by the children,now renders less & less possible.

Thanks, really appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I was always dodgy about this. Guy gets Irish citizenship, behaves like a gung ho opinionated Egyptian and when it goes app engages the qualities of his adopted nation to bail him out. If he was truly Irish though he should have been more concerned with the price Irish farmers we're getting for milk than the unpredictable politics of Egypt. If your first priority is Egypt then be their citizen not ours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

He was protesting over the majority of his time over there, fact.

okay, say that's true, so what? protesters were murdered in the streets for protesting the overthrow of their elected government. apparently some of his friends were shot at protests. are you surprised he got involved in protests?
    Yet he played down this in every interview he has done so far, you know. The interviews he said he wasn't going to do. He just wanted to go back to his old life. Yet here he is, still giving interviews......

so he has likely changed his mind on doing interviews. so what?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Wait, wasn't it that they were at the cinema and then they got shot? Then he went to the protest. It's changed so much now I'm confused

• Advertisement

He was protesting over the majority of his time over there, fact.

okay, say that's true, so what? protesters were murdered in the streets for protesting the overthrow of their elected government. apparently some of his friends were shot at protests. are you surprised he got involved in protests?
    Yet he played down this in every interview he has done so far, you know. The interviews he said he wasn't going to do. He just wanted to go back to his old life. Yet here he is, still giving interviews......

Less changing his mind. More lying.

Far from the humble lad that was locked up now, eh?

Afaik the protests were organised and led by the Muslin Brotherhood - a proscribed terrorist organisation in many Arab countries.

This makes for some interesting reading
    https://www.counterextremism.com/content/muslim-brotherhood’s-ties-isis-and-al-qaeda

The other issue that may be skewing the issue is that the Clonskeagh Mosque is alledgedly know as the Muslim Brotherhood mosque by some Muslims. It where his father is the Iman ...

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I was always dodgy about this. Guy gets Irish citizenship, behaves like a gung ho opinionated Egyptian and when it goes app engages the qualities of his adopted nation to bail him out. If he was truly Irish though he should have been more concerned with the price Irish farmers we're getting for milk than the unpredictable politics of Egypt. If your first priority is Egypt then be their citizen not ours!!

a lot of irish people are more concerned about the goings on abroad then the price irish farmers get for milk. should they all move abroad, or are they entitled to their opinions?

lying how? there is no actual reliable proof that he is lying. just a belief based on unreliable evidence at best.
    lets say for argument sake that a few porkies were told to try and get a bit of extra support then what would be the issue, given that he was at one stage potentially facing the death penalty, for what we now know were effectively baseless charges?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Can you stop multi quoting so I can pick at every point of your post. Just to make sure it all comes across in context

• Advertisement

Far from the humble lad that was locked up now, eh?

the fact the corrupt egyptian military junta acquitted him seems to suggest otherwise.

Afaik the protests were organised and led by the Muslin Brotherhood - a proscribed terrorist organisation in many Arab countries.

This makes for some interesting reading
    https://www.counterextremism.com/content/muslim-brotherhood’s-ties-isis-and-al-qaeda

The other issue that may be skewing the issue is that the Clonskeagh Mosque is alledgedly know as the Muslim Brotherhood mosque by some Muslims. It where his father is the Iman ...

they were not a proscribed organisation in egypt before, during, and for a while after they were elected and removed from government and banned from running for re-election. so the fact they are a proscribed organisation in other countries doesn't really mean anything in relation to this case.

bilbot79 wrote: »

a lot of irish people are more concerned about the goings on abroad then the price irish farmers get for milk. should they all move abroad, or are they entitled to their opinions?

lying how? there is no actual reliable proof that he is lying. just a belief based on unreliable evidence at best.
    lets say for argument sake that a few porkies were told to try and get a bit of extra support then what would be the issue, given that he was at one stage potentially facing the death penalty, for what we now know were effectively baseless charges?

Few porkies ??

I had a better point to make but that word choice just made me laugh!

So that's a no then from you, ok

So that's a no then from you, ok

on which question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lying how? there is no actual reliable proof that he is lying.

Here ya go Mr Proof. On national TV in front of everyone.

Tells Ryan Tubridy he can't close his hand all the way due to being shot in jail. But then a few minutes later closed his hand all the way.

DNy4iWyV4AA0Dc8.jpg

on which question?

Read my posts, don't pretend you didn't read it.

the fact the corrupt egyptian military junta acquitted him seems to suggest otherwise.

Surely if he was released as you stated - the 'junta'(sic) couldn't have been 'corrupt' - could it?

You of course have forgotten about the considerable effort put in by Irish political and consular bodies to ensure he was released tout suite....

they were not a proscribed organisation in egypt before, during, and for a while after they were elected and removed from government and banned from running for re-election. so the fact they are a proscribed organisation in other countries doesn't really mean anything in relation to this case.

Founded in 1928 the MB was a proscribed organisation for much if it's existence until the Arab Spring in 2010 where it was legalised. The MB created a political wing in order to avail of the democratic elections which saw their main man - Morsi being put in power.

However shortly afterwards Morsi attempted to introduce extreme Islamist policies and changes to the constitution. A populist movement of ordinary Egyptians subsequently sought for him to be removed from government. This was achieved by the military. Following the protests in 2013 the Muslim Brotherhood were once again listed as a proscribed terrorist organisation in Egypt. So approx. 3 years as a legal entity in recent times ..

Omackeral wrote: »

Tells Ryan Tubridy he can't close his hand all the way due to being shot in jail. But then a few minutes later closed his hand all the way.

DNy4iWyV4AA0Dc8.jpg
    See, the biggest thing about this is... according to his sister's. His finger was hanging off and he was refused medical treatment by the Egyptian government. But luckily he somehow was put in a cell with a doctor that was also locked up for protesting. And somehow he save his finger.

I say somehow because how the feck could he with out one single piece of medical equipment ie needles, etc?
    That doctor is the second coming right there I tell ya!

Read my posts, don't pretend you didn't read it.

i did read your posts, it's just you didn't quote mine in your last one so i'm unsure which question you believe i gave no as an answer to.

Can you stop multi quoting so I can pick at every point of your post. Just to make sure it all comes across in context

Eotd, read it again. This one. You know what you are at

• Advertisement

it was 4 years since he was shot, so i presume that his hand healed within that timeframe. so him closing his hand, just like the whole appearance on the lls doesn't disprove that he was shot, and that his hand didn't suffer injury at the time. the way he stated it says to me that at the time of being shot, he couldn't close his hand all the way, and he can now.

it was 4 years since he was shot, so i presume that his hand healed within that timeframe. so the interview doesn't disprove that he was shot, and that his hand didn't suffer injury at the time. the way he stated it says to me that at the time of being shot, he couldn't close his hand all the way, and he can now.

Pmsl:)

it was 4 years since he was shot, so i presume that his hand healed within that timeframe. so him closing his hand, just like the whole appearance on the lls doesn't disprove that he was shot, and that his hand didn't suffer injury at the time. the way he stated it says to me that at the time of being shot, he couldn't close his hand all the way, and he can now.

First of all, the bolded bit is gas. You hear what you want to hear.

Secondly, he's literally telling and showing Tubridy that he can't close it. He's demonstrating it there and then for him as Ryan looks on. The whole nation saw it live. Everyone. He then proceeded to close the hand not 10 minutes later when the focus was off.

I broke my wrist in 2010 and it required pins.

Three days after surgery, weeks of physiotherapy and seven years on I still only have 85% of the initial mobility. I have scars still.

Yet in solitary confinement he's back to normal with no scarring ??

Secondly, he's literally telling and showing Tubridy that he can't close it. He's demonstrating it there and there for him. The whole nation saw it live. Everyone. He then proceeded to close the hand not 10 minutes later.

i did see the interview. he was definitely demonstrating how much he could close his hand when he was shot and didn't state in anyway that it wasn't healed now.

See, the biggest thing about this is... according to his sister's. His finger was hanging off and he was refused medical treatment by the Egyptian government. But luckily he somehow was put in a cell with a doctor that was also locked up for protesting. And somehow he save his finger.

I say somehow because how the feck could he with out one single piece of medical equipment ie needles, etc?
    That doctor is the second coming right there I tell ya!

The lack of scarring is next to miraculous. Maybe auld Allah is the way?

Secondly, he's literally telling and showing Tubridy that he can't close it. He's demonstrating it there and there for him. The whole nation saw it live. Everyone. He then proceeded to close the hand not 10 minutes later.

i did see the interview. he was definitely demonstrating how much he could close his hand when he was shot and didn't state in anyway that it wasn't healed now.

"This is what I can't do with my hand Ryan"

I broke my wrist in 2010 and it required pins.

Three days after surgery, weeks of physiotherapy and seven years on I still only have 85% of the initial mobility. I have scars still.

i'm very sorry to hear that. hopefully in the future there may be a way to improve it to full mobility.

Yet in solitary confinement he's back to normal with no scarring ??

he seems to be back to normal now, but how long that has been the case i do not know. you would have to put that question to ibriham, as ultimately he would know his medical situation.

i'm very sorry to hear that. hopefully in the future there may be a way to improve it to full mobility.

#MeToo

• Advertisement

Love the way some posts are picked and multi posts on here.

Why not reply to one post so there can be no confusion, and a rebuttal can be given?

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Your lack of knowledge on this is actually laughable. The military in any self respecting country is not supposed to be loyal to the government of the day but only to the constitution of the country. A point in which you clearly haven't grasped.

The Muslim Brotherhood has made it very clear that they want to install Sharia law to the countries where they are elected to govern. This is not a hidden agenda but their core political principle. They attempted to change the constitution from being generally secular to Islamic multiple times and were warned by the military that they will intervene if they attempt to do so without holding a referendum. Morsi tried, he failed and the military moved in. The new Egyptian constitution was passed by a referendum and has been enacted. If the military was so corrupt I highly doubt they would have allowed a referendum to take place to begin with.

To say the MB in other countries being banned hasn't anything to do with this case is the most laughable part. It's like saying ISIS followers in Libya haven't got anything to do with ISIS followers in Syria. It's the same organization regardless, they believe the same things, they advocate the same system of law and they achieve it in the same manner.

You seem to want it both ways when it suits you. Oh by the way feel free to google "Muslim brotherhood and ISIS" and you will see Exactly why people are very suspicious of Mr Halawa and his insane family. You don't travel across the continent to attend a rally for something you don't believe in (as he claims). He clearly believes in what they preach and he's more than happy to risk his freedom for it. And with the links between the MB and the likes of ISIS and Al-qaeda being already well known it shouldn't really come as a surprise why we should be cautious about letting terrorists sneak into governments through the political back door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

He was involved in the protests before his friends were shot.
    Changing your mind or your story during interviews undermines credibility.

Ibrahim says in the Al-Fateh Mosque video that he went straight to the Rabaa protests on the 28th of June. His sisters and others have said that they were there every day for weeks. Morsi got kicked out on the 3rd July.
    On 6th July two of the Halawa sisters post a picture of themselves holding a large supporters picture of Morsi.
    On 27th July one of the sisters posted the she Envied the MB martyrs.
    On 1st August came the speeches from the back of the trailer. In it Ibrahim states he came directly from Ireland to Rabaa one month ago.
    On 9th August a video, with the Halawa Sisters, is posted online inviting people to take a tour of the Rabba camp.
    On the 16th Aug the Halawa sisters, with Ibrahim, take part in the Day of Rage protest at Ramses Sq, as expected, it turned bloody and they ran, on the advise of their Father, into the Al-Fateh Mosque.

It would seem to me from that timeline there was a lot more involvement than what they try to make out, it certainly wasn't a random occurrence that got them arrested. I am curious as to why they tried to downplay it, but people can make up their own mind about it.
    I also wonder as to why they started to delete videos and posts that they made while taking part so soon after they realised they were in trouble and were going to need the Irish Government to get them out of it.

In my opinion Ibrahim was a pawn in a bigger game. A diplomatic game which involved his Father and his connections. When the authorities realised who he was, it may have sealed his fate. Allegedly his Father was told in 2013 that if he accepted the coup that his children would be released. He didn't and Ibrahim remained in prison.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    If the military was so corrupt I highly doubt they would have allowed a referendum to take place to begin with.

corrupt governments allow "elections" and "referendums" to take place from time to time. just ask
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    You seem to want it both ways when it suits you. Oh by the way feel free to google "Muslim brotherhood and ISIS" and you will see Exactly why people are very suspicious of Mr Halawa and his insane family. You don't travel across the continent to attend a rally for something you don't believe in (as he claims). He clearly believes in what they preach and he's more than happy to risk his freedom for it. And with the links between the MB and the likes of ISIS and Al-qaeda being already well known it shouldn't really come as a surprise why we should be cautious about letting terrorists sneak into governments through the political back door.

there is no evidence he supports the mb or agrees with any, or all of their viewpoint. if there is, then lets put him on trial. but i suspect it won't be happening because there is no evidence of it.
    links between an organisation and another organisation ultimately mean nothing in this case, as while the mb may have been the organisers of the protests, or even just simply took part in the protests, the protests were about the overthrow of what was, whether we like it or not, a democratically elected government, followed by the murders of people who protested it. the lnking him to sis and all the other speculation against him seems to be mostly agenda based the fact is the egyptians acquitted him of all charges. if he had done something wrong, they would have definitely locked him up, in fact they would have imposed the death penalty.
    K.Flyer wrote: »

Ibrahim says in the Al-Fateh Mosque video that he went straight to the Rabaa protests on the 28th of June. His sisters and others have said that they were there every day for weeks. Morsi got kicked out on the 3rd July.
    On 6th July two of the Halawa sisters post a picture of themselves holding a large supporters picture of Morsi.
    On 1st August came the speeches from the back of the trailer. In it Ibrahim states he came directly from Ireland to Rabaa one month ago.
    On 9th August a video, with the Halawa Sisters, is posted online inviting people to take a tour of the Rabba camp.
    On the 16th Aug the Halawa sisters, with Ibrahim, take part in the Day of Rage protest at Ramses Sq, as expected, it turned bloody and they ran, on the advise of their Father, into the Al-Fateh Mosque.

It would seem to me from that timeline there was a lot more involvement than what they try to make out, it certainly wasn't a random occurrence that got them arrested. I am curious as to why they tried to downplay it, but people can make up their own mind about it.
    I also wonder as to why they started to delete videos and posts that they made while taking part so soon after they realised they were in trouble and were going to need the Irish Government to get them out of it.

In my opinion Ibrahim was a pawn in a bigger game. A diplomatic game which involved his Father and his connections. When the authorities realised who he was, it may have sealed his fate. Allegedly his Father was told in 2013 that if he accepted the coup that his children would be released. He didn't and Ibrahim remained in prison.

ultimately this is all speculation. it may very well be true, i don't know, but there is no real evidence to back it up. that's the ultimate problem here. realisticaly it doesn't matter as he has been acquitted, and if the irish authorities ever get evidence that he is a threat then they will have a duty to arrest him and bring him before the courts. that goes for any members of his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ultimately this is all speculation. it may very well be true, i don't know, but there is no real evidence to back it up.

Apart from my opinion as to why he was not released with his sister, none of the rest is Speculation.
    News articles, screen grabs, video and facebook posts confirm everything I have posted.
    Its up to you if you don't like whats out there or find it hard to accept.
    that's the ultimate problem here. realisticaly it doesn't matter as he has been acquitted, and if the irish authorities ever get evidence that he is a threat then they will have a duty to arrest him and bring him before the courts. that goes for any members of his family.

I have never said he was a threat, or anything like it.

Apart from my opinion as to why he was not released with his sister, none of the rest is Speculation.
    News articles, screen grabs, video and facebook posts confirm everything I have posted.
    Its up to you if you don't like whats out there or find it hard to accept.

I have never said he was a threat, or anything like it.

to be fair, i know that, i didn't say you did say he was a threat. that part of my post wasn't aimed at you. it's not about liking the so-called evidence, it's about the sources of the so-called evidence, don't look very reliable as we have discussed before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭humphrys

to be fair, i know that, i didn't say you did say he was a threat. that part of my post wasn't aimed at you. it's not about liking the so-called evidence, it's about the sources of the so-called evidence, don't look very reliable as we have discussed before.

That was a nice summary by K.Flyer of the evidence.

I think what EOTR is saying is that because the video of Ibrahim saying he has been at the protests since 28 June (i.e. 6 weeks before arrest) is on my website, therefore that is not Ibrahim in the video saying he has been at the protests since 28 June.

Is that your theory, EOTR? Don't be shy. Spell out your theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

don't look very reliable .... in your opinion end of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Really good timeline breakdown and overall post.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

I'm glad we have gotten back on track with regards this topic.

Has anyone here considered going to any of his talks across the country and asking him the questions directly? He's in UCC tomorrow, was in DCU last week, should be in Trinity and UCD as well sometime in the near future. You can meet him and ask him directly. No nonsensical speculation on boards, put it to bed once and for all.

dreamliner wrote: »
    I'm glad we have gotten back on track with regards this topic.

Has anyone here considered going to any of his talks across the country and asking him the questions directly? He's in UCC tomorrow, was in DCU last week, should be in Trinity and UCD as well sometime in the near future. You can meet him and ask him directly. No nonsensical speculation on boards, put it to bed once and for all.

You assume that a) you'd be allowed to ask the question without being shouted down as a racist; b) he would tell the truth and c) that you could report back here without his usual defenders denying your story.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement