Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Approval/Acceptance of offer timeframe

Options
  • 24-11-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Simple enough question but Im afraid to ask the bank incase I draw their attention to it, and can't find a definite answer in the reams of paperwork I have.

Mortgage approval end Jun 17, and we accepted a loan offer mid Oct 17.
    We're hoping to close a purchase in the next 4-6 weeks, are we ok timewise for the mortgage? I know the initial mortgage approval expires end Dec, but does our loan offer acceptance supercede that?
    I'm at the panicky stage now, just waiting for hiccups to smack me in the face :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

We were just over 5months into our 6month approval and our broker reapplied to ensure there was no issue. I would suppose it is in your interest to actually contact your mortgage provider.

Advertisement