Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hazard now 98% on FPL.

I need to make 3 transfers to make room for him, I have 2 freebies at least but I really don't want to have to pull the trigger tonight but I may have to.

Thinking of Jones, Davies, Sterling out for Moreno, Zeegelaar, Hazard

Anyone know much about this Zeegelaar guy, he's scored well in the last 2 games but why has he got his place is someone injured? Is he likely to be dropped just as quick, I need a 4.4m Def so that's why I'm considering him.

Just realising how late it is, won't have much time to ponder this or get feedback, what time approx do price rises occur, 1.30am ish?

Get the transfers done before 1.10am
    Holebas is the competition.
    He has plenty of pace and looked good today against a poor Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ElTel wrote: »

Done

Yeah looking back over their line ups it seems they reverted to a 3-5-2 formation and he has come in for Holebas, he's playing wing back too, even better again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I was desperate for hazard all week but I just can't justify/afford him a place in my midfield, so opted for morata instead and that's enabled Alonso in too, think that might offer more bang for buck.

Happy out with the team for the xmas period now :

Ddg
    Alonso Moreno daniels
    D.silva salah richarlison pogba gross
    Morata kane

Elliot mbemba hegazi niasse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morata rising tonight...I'm not waiting

This is Fake News! :pac:

Who are the hardcore Chelsea fans in here ?

Christensen looks to have ousted Luiz.

Is it because of the recent guff between Conte and Luiz ? Or was it because of injury ?

Do you think Christensen has done enough to keep his place in the first team ahead of Rudiger and Luiz ?

It seems so unlikely Abramovich would allow Conte to drop his buddy Luiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think with the fixture congestions over the next 5 weeks or so, there will probably be a good bit of rotation in the Chelsea defence between Cahill, Rudiger, Luiz, Zappa and Christensen - Moses was on the bench yesterday too I think so can come back in.

Alonso and Azpi look the safest bests though are pricey :(

PS - I am not a Chelsea fan so just my opinion! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

manual_man wrote: »
    Hazard in for Eriksen. I love Eriksen and am sure he'll probably score well soon, but I just can't have a 9.5 player who blanks five times in a row. Also, Hazard :)

Did the exact same - Sorry Christian, I really thought you were a season keeper :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ElTel wrote: »

I brought in to replace Mbemba. I know they have United and Spurs next but neither are free scoring at the moment.

My next problem is Vardy but he'll manage another week in my team.

I have 10.7 to replace him and already have Morata and Kane.

I think with the fixture congestions over the next 5 weeks or so, there will probably be a good bit of rotation in the Chelsea defence between Cahill, Rudiger, Luiz, Zappa and Christensen - Moses was on the bench yesterday too I think so can come back in.

Alonso and Azpi look the safest bests though are pricey :(

PS - I am not a Chelsea fan so just my opinion! :)

Yeah. It’s 3 from Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rüdiger, Christensen and Luiz. Could see quite a bit of rotation I suppose.

I already have Alonso but with Dann being on the bench yesterday then I want to get rid and Chelsea have a lovely run so I’d like to double up.

I thought a Chelsea fan might know if Luiz is being shown the door so then it would be 3 from the above 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still miraculously have 2 FTs burning a hole in one pocket...and 1.8m ITB burning a hole in the other pocket

Have boiled it down to 3 options:

1) Speroni to DDG (0 ITB)
    2) Speroni to DDG + Jesus to Morata (0 ITB)
    3) Vardy to Wilson + Zaha to Hazard (0.5m ITB)

I'm favouring option 2 at the minute as it leaves me with a stronger squad overall...all feedback appreciated as always

• Advertisement

I think you might find it hard to sell Jesus after today’s game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Have done Eriksen to salah. Too many blanks to keep him in, and salah looking like more than just a flash in the pan.

Want to try to work Zaha in, and tempted to dump lukaku for kane before next game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cartman78 wrote:
    I'm favouring option 2 at the minute as it leaves me with a stronger squad overall...all feedback appreciated as always

Definitely 2.

DGG is a season keeper and allows you to have a fodder 4m or 3.9m keeper on the bench with no headaches as to who to pick each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone want to talk me out of the following -12

Aguero to Morata
    Silva to Gross
    Jones to Azpil Dave
    Maguire to Alonso

Would leave me with

Elliot
    Azpil, Alonso, Mee (Gomes, Lowton)
    Sane, Salah, Ramsey, Gross, Richarlison
    Kane, Morata (Niasse)

That would be my Christmas shopping all done and dusted hopefully with only 0.1 itb. A Chelsea CS on Weds could "pay" for the -12 is my thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »

Aguero to Morata
    Silva to Gross
    Jones to Azpil Dave
    Maguire to Alonso

Would leave me with

Elliot
    Kane, Morata (Niasse)

That would be my Christmas shopping all done and dusted hopefully with only 0.1 itb.
    I would just get either azpi or Alonso
    If you really what double Chelsea defence get courtouis
    But then if you want hazard...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I would just get either azpi or Alonso
    If you really what double Chelsea defence get courtouis
    But then if you want hazard...........

Was just working on the Hazard option: I'll start this by saying that I thought Vardy looked sharpe on Friday and there might be a Christmas party.
    Also, don't think I'm happy reshaping things for Moratta and Hazard, it's one or the other for me.

Aguero to Vardy
    Silva to Hazard
    Jones to Azpil
    Maguire to 4.3 (Klaven for homes if needed, Mariappa might be worth a gamble as sub until Jan WC)

Elliot
    Azpil, Mee (Lowton, Gomes, 4.3)
    Sane, Salah, Hazard, Ramsey, Richarlison
    Kane, Vardy

As I typed it, it's fairly clear I prefer the Hazardless/first option. I don't think double Chelsea defence is too bad of an idea. Assuming Azpil is the first, I could upgrade Elliot to Court as you say but Maguire to Alonso costs me similar in terms of upgrade but I'm getting potential attacking returns... why would I go for Court? Convince me :)
    I'll be WCing early Jan.

Was just working on the Hazard option: I'll start this by saying that I thought Vardy looked sharpe on Friday and there might be a Christmas party.
    Also, don't think I'm happy reshaping things for Moratta and Hazard, it's one or the other for me.

Aguero to Vardy
    Silva to Hazard
    Jones to Azpil
    Maguire to 4.3 (Klaven for homes if needed, Mariappa might be worth a gamble as sub until Jan WC)

Elliot
    Azpil, Mee (Lowton, Gomes, 4.3)
    Sane, Salah, Hazard, Ramsey, Richarlison
    Kane, Vardy

As I typed it, it's fairly clear I prefer the Hazardless/first option. I don't think double Chelsea defence is too bad of an idea. Assuming Azpil is the first, I could upgrade Elliot to Court as you say but Maguire to Alonso costs me similar in terms of upgrade but I'm getting potential attacking returns... why would I go for Court? Convince me :)
    I'll be WCing early Jan.

Vardy didn't have a shot on goal against an awful west ham team I would not be buying him
    I'd prefer moratta and then go without hazard if you want
    Courtouis just seemed like a good option as second Chelsea defence but I can see your reasoning

I am now very close to taking a second -8
    Lukaku to moratta done
    Alli (reluctantly ) to Salah to be done

And then the kicker
    Huunemair to Azpi or Alonso!!!!!
    I want to keep Bavies now given the uncertainty around rose and I can ride out rotation with a strong defence . Bavies is an easy downgrade to a Jones again if he is ever fit
    Next week transfer would be naughton to Gomez or Moreno or maybe even marriappa
    Then I'd be looking at Zaha to gross and T Caroll to RLC
    Would have 15 starters for Xmas
    No united defence though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With Chelsea's current position (chasing City), their upcoming fixtures and Hazards current form, I think Hazard is a must have for the Xmas period.

What was even more noticeable was that Batman didn't even make the bench leaving Morata as the only recognised striker. We seen how much gametime Costa got... I think both a double up should be done as there will be so many rotations elsewhere with City, Liverpool and Utd.

Vardy didn't have a shot on goal against an awful west ham team I would not be buying him
    I'd prefer moratta and then go without hazard if you want
    Courtouis just seemed like a good option as second Chelsea defence but I can see your reasoning

I am now very close to taking a second -8
    Lukaku to moratta done
    Alli (reluctantly ) to Salah to be done

And then the kicker
    Huunemair to Azpi or Alonso!!!!!
    I want to keep Bavies now given the uncertainty around rose and I can ride out rotation with a strong defence . Bavies is an easy downgrade to a Jones again if he is ever fit
    Next week transfer would be naughton to Gomez or Moreno or maybe even marriappa
    Then I'd be looking at Zaha to gross and T Caroll to RLC
    Would have 15 starters for Xmas
    No united defence though

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm keeping Alli and not getting Salah for him..........spurs have a lovely run and he is underperforming goalwise but they will come
    Now the big decision
    Do I sell zaha for Salah and not get a Chelsea defender
    Or spend the money of the defender

Sure Alli to Salah will always only be .5 or so away ..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭LostArt

Sterling and Lukaku to Pogba and Morata. Tempted to take a -4 and crowbar Azpi in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Hazard is a funny one for me - great points potential, captain choice and always seems to finish the season with a great overall return but I literally NEVER seem to own him at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia to Alonso.

Agonised over it a bit, but comparing their upcoming fixtures it should pay off,and Alonso doesn't look to have much in way of competition.

Would have liked to have sprung for Zappacosta if I was sure he'd keep his place with Moses returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭LostArt

COH wrote: »
    Hazard is a funny one for me - great points potential, captain choice and always seems to finish the season with a great overall return but I literally NEVER seem to own him at the right time.

Same with me, anytime I get him in its a guaranteed run of 2 pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To Haz or not to Haz...I just can't decide

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

With all the talk of Hazard what about Fabregras? He's only 6.9m and up until yesterday was a regular starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

fennor72 wrote: »
    With all the talk of Hazard what about Fabregras? He's only 6.9m and up until yesterday was a regular starter.
    No way for me, doesn’t contribute enough points and won’t start every game

fennor72 wrote: »

And up until yday he was a regular starter
    You have your answer there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero to Morata
    Silva to Gross
    Jones to Azpil Dave
    Maguire to Alonso

Would leave me with

Elliot
    Kane, Morata (Niasse)

That would be my Christmas shopping all done and dusted hopefully with only 0.1 itb. A Chelsea CS on Weds could "pay" for the -12 is my thinking.

The time to sell aguero is if he starts today. If he doesn't start today I'd hold him till midweek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm keeping Alli and not getting Salah for him..........spurs have a lovely run and he is underperforming goalwise but they will come
    Now the big decision
    Do I sell zaha for Salah and not get a Chelsea defender
    Or spend the money of the defender

Sure Alli to Salah will always only be .5 or so away ..............

For your own sanity please ensure Salah is in your team next gameweek.

• Advertisement

PVA wrote: »
    For your own sanity please ensure Salah is in your team next gameweek.

its coming down to this so
    Alli to salah and Hunemair to azpi/alonso for -8

Or zaha to salah and have no chelsea defender (or enough money to get one in ) for -4. Tcarroll to RLC with another transfer at some point

I cant shake the feeling selling Alli at this point will be a mistake
    Looking at his fixtures and goal scoring record over past 2 years the goals will come

Looking at Salahs........if he keeps up this rate he will be hitting Ronaldo territory. He is not Ronaldo

Advertisement