Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A -8 to swap Yoshida (why I kept him so long I do not know) for Otamendi.
    D Silva to Hazard and Lukaku to Morata who gets the armband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard worth a 4 points over Eriksen? Have Alli and Kane as well so would have a fair bit of Spurs in case they do click over the next four gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

At work, boss and clients breathing down my neck....all I think about is DDG or Courtois :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Held off last night as Speroni looked like he might rise but probably need to make a decision today at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Could bank or switch Silva out for Ricky or Gross. Might give him another chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    At work, boss and clients breathing down my neck....all I think about is DDG or Courtois :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Held off last night as Speroni looked like he might rise but probably need to make a decision today at some stage

Jeez....just checked there and I can do Sane to Hazard as well with my 2nd FT.

Sane not far off a suspension, and possibly due a break soon anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

jimmii wrote: »
    Hazard worth a 4 points over Eriksen? Have Alli and Kane as well so would have a fair bit of Spurs in case they do click over the next four gameweeks.

I had Eriksen from the start and was really hoping this would be his year, but he just hasn't justified his price tag to date. Shipped him out two weeks back and he's blanked both games since. There are too many better options in midfield to be waiting for him to come good.

As for Hazard, on his current form and with Chelsea fixtures a -4 for the move is a no-brainer. He's the one player I am sh*tting it not owning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Aguero to Morata for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Jesus to Morato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I could transfer out Alli for Hazard........ certainly seems the logical thing to do.

I already have Kane and Morata up front

The only other option is to get rid of Sane for Hazard but this would involve a -4 which is a step too far.

Opinions ????

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Mahrez & Firmino OUT

Morata & Gross IN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Should i bring in hazard and wilson for stephens and ageuro...leaves myfront 3 as kane, wilson and murray....strong midfield and good defence....

Not sure about ageuros game time over next few weeks, and wilson could nick a few, plus hazard could be a boss for december....

Any thoughts....oh would be a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why are people ditching Sane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Choupo ----> RLC done.

Boring enough, and my defence could fúck me over, but meh.

Team for tomorrow.

Elliot
    Alonso Maguire Gomez
    Salah RLC Richarlison Sané
    Morata Kane Vardy

Gomes Carroll Naughton Rosenior

My defence needs fixing, but I'm reluctant to -4 or -8 to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SNNUS

I guess Aguero will not play as he started yesterday so it will be a Jesus start.. Bit of a pain that he does not play both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

SNNUS wrote: »
    I guess Aguero will not play as he started yesterday so it will be a Jesus start.. Bit of a pain that he does not play both.

there's no point in guessing. it's Pep. you can't predict. don't try. if you pick a City striker, just accept that there'll be the odd week you'll be frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm going to sell bavies for a -4 for either Alonso or kolasanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It’s hard to say that without knowing what’s wrong with Lovern.

Gomez could easily play every other game with TAA in the squad.

With Clyne out Gomez is first choice RB.

He's still a rotation risk but he'll play more than he won't. TAA was caught out physically and positionally is some early matches, I think against all top teams and any team that has some physical presence Gomez will play.

Soton at home with Seville to come was a good time to play TAA but Gomez will play more.

Klavan will be out of the team once Lovren is back.

There's definitely an argument for ditching Gomez because you want guaranteed starters, but Klavan would be a poor option to replace him imo, I think Gomez will play way more than him. Someone like Tarkowski would be better if you want consistency.

I'll be holding Gomez for a bit, see how he gets on, I definitely see him as Liverpool'd current first choice RB, with TAA to make the odd cameo, I don't think it's a case of 50-50 with them

Should i bring in hazard and wilson for stephens and ageuro...leaves myfront 3 as kane, wilson and murray....strong midfield and good defence....

Not sure about ageuros game time over next few weeks, and wilson could nick a few, plus hazard could be a boss for december....

Any thoughts....oh would be a -4

Yes you should imo but not Stephens, Loftus Cheek is the same price and is getting amongst the points. No fluke either he was hitting the woodwork and having lots of positive play even when he was blanking. The fixtures are very favourable coming up, I would predict the points to continue.

Stephens looks like another TPT from what I can see.

The Aguero / Jesus thing is too frustrating for me and too many funds tied up in uncertainty. Hazard looks flip hot at the mo, is a proven fantasy mainstay, and Chelsea have some lovely fixtures.

Worth a -4 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Morzadec wrote:
    Yes you should imo but not Stephens, Loftus Cheek is the same price and is getting amongst the points. No fluke either he was hitting the woodwork and having lots of positive play even when he was blanking. The fixtures are very favourable coming up, I would predict the points to continue.

Good points dude....cant bring in Loftus cheek (whom is in beast mode at mo) as stephens will be replaced by hazard....and wilson will be taking ageuro's spot!!

Good points dude....cant bring in Loftus cheek (whom is in beast mode at mo) as stephens will be replaced by hazard....and wilson will be taking ageuro's spot!!

Sorry, read your post wrong, my bad! :o

But yeah I still think it's worth a 4 point hit, imo it's a good move in both the short and long term. I'm a huge fan of Aguero but the game time and uncertainty is just too big an issue. He's arguably uncaptainable because of it and you can have that much invested in someone who does not present themselves as a captain option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ahhhhhhhhhh

0.1m short for Zaha & Sane to Hazard & Sterling

Bastard of a head wreck

I’d need to find a 4.3m playing defender to make it happen

Tomkins 4.3 started the last game for palace over dann

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So I'm finally on my wildcard and this is what I've landed on at the moment:

Elliot - Foster
    Daniels - Mee - Naughton - Dunk - Femenia
    Sterling - Salah - Hazard - Richarlison - RLC
    Kane - Morata - C. Wilson

On a scale of "Woah Mr. P you crazy" (1) - (10) "Could you be any more template?" where does this sit.

0 ITB

Clearly the defense could be any combination of cheaper options.

Wilson/RLC can rotate to an extent.

If Hazard became Pogba then I could get more expensive defenders.

I'd love to throw the towel in and go full on Mr.P but I feel as though Salah aside I've mostly been unlucky and picked the wrong captain. At this point I'm not sure I even remember what it's like to have a team half full of differentials.

Any word on whether PVA will be back in the Palace side soon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Manquillo -> Dunk
    Newcastle looked horrid at the back against Watford.
    Vardy still in, mainly due to lack of alternatives for the price tbh.

Elliot - Foster

On a scale of "Woah Mr. P you crazy" (1) - (10) "Could you be any more template?" where does this sit.

0 ITB

I'd love to throw the towel in and go full on Mr.P but I feel as though Salah aside I've mostly been unlucky and picked the wrong captain. At this point I'm not sure I even remember what it's like to have a team half full of differentials.

Looks very solid to me. All the players I would class as "must-haves" or "should-haves" at the moment with the possible exception of Sane (more on that below) I have a few observations / food for thought:

I would personally prefer Niasse ahead of Wilson to save 1.0. RLC is really a starter candidate given form and fixtures which means your cheap striker option may get rotated out (or you give up on RLC's potential points). Doesn't ever sit well with me having 6.0 on the bench - think of what you can get in defence for that price. Your front 8 is too strong in other words imo (that's me rating RLC's likely returns very highly).

With that extra 1.0 you could upgrade Foster to Courtois and have a guaranteed "in" to Chelsea cleanies for their great run. I do think they'll rack them up and you'll be missing out over the next good few games.

I would still consider Sane less of a rotation risk to Sterling but Sterling is really putting up the points so hard to argue. I would feel better with Sane personally speaking though. Just looking at the huge price difference now however and I can see why you've gone for young Raheem.

Couple of thoughts anyway, there's definitely counter arguments for my points, B'mouth do have a great run and Wilson has shown he's capable of a big score, could pay off. I think my suggestion is probably safer and more boring (comes down to Chelsea cleanies and Niasse / RLC vs whatever cleanies Newcastle and WBA can muster and Wilson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Elliot - Foster

0 ITB

find .1 to get ANY OTHER KEEPER than foster
    Would Tarowski to Mee raise the .1? Id also certainly sell Naughton. Maybe for Gomez of Liverpool seen as you have 15 starters anyway .
    I like the rest as its very similar to mine!!!!! But ive spent 20 points to get there

km79 wrote: »
    Would Tarowski to Mee raise the .1? Id also certainly sell Naughton. Maybe for Gomez of Liverpool seen as you have 15 starters anyway .
    I like the rest as its very similar to mine!!!!! But ive spent 20 points to get there

Yeah good suggestions also, I do think Gomez will be rarely rotated and 4.5 for a way in to the Liverpool defence is an absolute bargain.

Just a note that Tarkowski was on course for the 3 BPS yesterday before the penalty. Mee has a better track record in that area though I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »

I started tinkering and ended up with this :D

Elliot - Speroni
    Alonso - Daniels - Klavan - Dunk - Mee
    Sanchez - Pogba - Salah - Richarlison - RLC
    Jesus - Morata - Crouch

and 0.5ITB :pac:

It's got that pizzazz that was greatly lacking. Also no Harry Kane....:o Obviously that 0.5 would tidy up the defence into safer starters
    ____

Yeah Wilson was in as a placeholder and was rising last night so lobbed him in. Crouch over Niasse would eliminate any potential temptation to start him but capable of the odd goal.

I was even thinking going with Tarkowski and Mee.

It's a very safe team, but I'm basically at 800k. I'm happy enough to write off the season and have some fun, however it's a bit early to be looking at things that way.

But I'm about halfway down the rabbit hole right now and not sure which way is up :pac:

_______

As FHFC would say it comes down to sword or shield!

Tomkins 4.3 started the last game for palace over dann

And guess who I bought 2 weeks ago ?

So with Dann being the player I’m thinking of ejecting I think Tomkins could be too much of a risk for my mental health.

Edit - I’ve also decided to go with ZERO City players for the foreseeable so I’m not trying to get Sterling in anymore. Might just upgrade Dann to Mustafi but unfortunately a day after Mustafi went up 0.1m.

I started tinkering and ended up with this :D

Elliot - Speroni
    Alonso - Daniels - Klavan - Dunk - Mee
    Sanchez - Pogba - Salah - Richarlison - RLC
    Jesus - Morata - Crouch

and 0.5ITB :pac:

That's a horrible team in comparison to your very solid first one imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bit surprised you swapped Sanchez for Hazard, Hazard looks way more impressive

Advertisement