Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tanix TX3 Android Box 19.82e from EU warehouse

• 25-11-2017 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Tanix TX3 mini TV box:
    Android 7.1, Amlogic S905W quad-core CPU, RAM: 2G, 16GB storage.
    It is from EU warehouse, and it will take 2 - 7 business days for delivery, much faster then from China.
    Price 18.79e and 1.03e delivery charges.
    Only downside is Eu plug.

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_698084.html?wid=88

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Good review of it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Will you ever get it though, I ordered a box on 09/9/17, still hasn't arrived, yet they claim it has and that they've sent it 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Out of Stock

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

there is better box for 27e, also from Eu warehouse.
    MECOOL BB2 TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core
    Amlogic S912 Octa core CPU
    2GB DDR3 RAM 16G eMMC ROM
    Android 6.0 2.4G + 5G Dual Band WiFi, also comes with wifi antenna.
    https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_436932.html?wid=122

or this one for 25.81e MECOOL M8S Pro+ TV Box Amlogic S905X MECOOL M8S Pro+ TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM also from EU warehouse https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_656048.html?wid=88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

With these little boxes is it a case of you get what you pay for. Or are they all much if a muchness?

I'm in the market for one but don't know the first thing about them. Is it like the phones you're taking a bit of a gamble buying one. But they generally work out OK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

ImARebel wrote: »
    With these little boxes is it a case of you get what you pay for. Or are they all much if a muchness?

I'm in the market for one but don't know the first thing about them. Is it like the phones you're taking a bit of a gamble buying one. But they generally work out OK?

Yes, you are correct. I’ve used many of them over the years from the minix right the way down. The old boxes from years ago were great. Proper build quality and worked well - they were only 1gb/8gb but I got plenty for friends and still going strong. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a minefield these days with every body on the wagon. It’s impossible for us to distinguish, for the best part, what’s good and bad in terms of quality.

That said, for the best part, and for general non-demanding use, most of the boxes you see should function ok. I don’t know why Bondja80 believes that the MECOOL boxes are better that the tanix, they really are all the same at this price point.

If you’re only putting your toe in the water with these, then one good thing is that they’re cheap, so you won’t be getting badly burned.

Best introductory advise:
    buy from Amazon.uk as you’ll generally receive it quicker.
    Get a 2gb/16gb box as opposed to a 1gb/8gb.
    If you are flush, get the Minix u1
    If you are really flush, get the nvidia shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

dodzy wrote: »
    Yes, you are correct. I’ve used many of them over the years from the minix right the way down. The old boxes from years ago were great. Proper build quality and worked well - they were only 1gb/8gb but I got plenty for friends and still going strong. Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a minefield these days with every body on the wagon. It’s impossible for us to distinguish, for the best part, what’s good and bad in terms of quality.

That said, for the best part, and for general non-demanding use, most of the boxes you see should function ok. I don’t know why Bondja80 believes that the MECOOL boxes are better that the tanix, they really are all the same at this price point.

If you’re only putting your toe in the water with these, then one good thing is that they’re cheap, so you won’t be getting badly burned.

Thanks a million. Only feeling marginally flush at the moment, lol. Could have done without the TV breaking this side of Christmas...

I'll look at the minix thanks a million. I'd looked at the mi box (from the other thread on here). But I might as well be looking in a barn door :D

Edited to say, consider me poor. The minix is way out of budget unfortunately.. I was thinking 50 and anything more than that 60 or 70 it would be as future proofed as I could get it.. Maybe cheap and cheerful is the way to go for now. I can always reinvest next year

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

dodzy wrote: »

Tanix box is amlogic s905w and mecool has amlogic s905x.
    amlogic s905x is better processor and faster, and can play 4k 60fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

They're all oos on gearbest eu

• Advertisement
Advertisement