Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent dragging heels

Options
  • 25-11-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All, just looking for opinions.
    I had tenants move out of my property on the 3rd. The estate agent found someone to move in on the 4th that was eager to move in ASAP. I had the house cleaned and maintenance done by the 6th. The contract wasn’t signed until the 20th which means 2 weeks of lost rent. I had to chase the agent a couple of times where he admitted over the phone at one stage the tenant would have moved in last week but he didn’t have the contract ready.
    The agent transferred the bond and 1st months went to me minus his full fee where I’ve told him how disappointed I was I’ve lost out on 2 weeks rent because of his delay with paperwork and that he should have invoiced separately also.
    Is there any point in going after him for even the equivalent of one weeks rent from his invoice or is this a norm with All agents around the country? Based in donegal. TIA

Advertisement