Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch - possible to add self monitoring?

Options
  • 25-11-2017 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

I'd like to know if it's possible to add an SMS or call feature to my existing SecureWatch alarm?

I don't have an eircom phone line (my landline is from Virgin through the TV line). Are there any solutions that can connect to WiFi or use a SIM card or something?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes there are plenty of GSM units that can do this for you. However with an obsolete system like that you might consider putting the money towards upgrading that would give you much more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but what do you mean by "more options"?

Any idea of prices for getting a GSM unit added?
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes there are plenty of GSM units that can do this for you. However with an obsolete system like that you might consider putting the money towards upgrading that would give you much more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'd like to know if it's possible to add an SMS or call feature to my existing SecureWatch alarm?

I don't have an eircom phone line (my landline is from Virgin through the TV line). Are there any solutions that can connect to WiFi or use a SIM card or something?

Thanks in advance

You can add a stand alone voice dialler which will connect to your virgin media box or you can get a HKC GSM that will text you and give you app control for the system.

If I was you I would upgrade your panel to a modern one as there are better facilities available on newer panels.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but what do you mean by "more options"?

Any idea of prices for getting a GSM unit added?

More options would include wireless, IP and monitoring and remote control via apps etc.
    A stand alone dialler could cost anywhere between €50-€200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

KoolKid wrote: »
    More options would include wireless, IP and monitoring and remote control via apps etc.
    A stand alone dialler could cost anywhere between €50-€200

And how would that compare price-wise to a newer system that would include self monitoring (SMS/call)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement