Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Shanghai - Bisping Gasteleum. Prelims 845am, Main Card 12pm BT Sp 3

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hey Brendan, his last fight was in NYC, the NYSAC would have been the ones to issue a medical suspension after the GSP fight, they deemed him fine after the GSP fight and didn't give him a suspension.

Except that the NYSAC did actually issue him with a medical suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Bisping had a suspension however those suspensions are fixed dates unless you get specifically checked over by a doc recognized by the commission that issued. The day Bisping was on MMA hour he had just got cleared that day or the days before.

Wasn't that long ago we had Grand Prix's fighting more than once a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    Except that the NYSAC did actually issue him with a medical suspension.

Decreased by NYSAC from 30 days to 7 days after a medical exam, confirmed by both NYSAC and the UFC.

There's no commission in China, the blame lies squarely at the feet of the UFC, NYSAC, and Bisping.

Decreased by NYSAC from 30 days to 7 days after a medical exam, confirmed by both NYSAC and the UFC.

There's no commission in China, the blame lies squarely at the feet of the UFC, NYSAC, and Bisping.
    I'd lay most of the blame with the UFC and Bisping's management. Mike's a fighter. Ask him to fight and he'll fight. His management need to have the integrity to say no on his behalf, despite the fact it will cost him money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Bisping getting ko'd flat had nothing to do with how soon he took the fight after GSP. That punch would've ko'd him the same way 10 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 buckley1605

The punch may have still knocked him out ten years ago but the GSP fight definitely played a factor.Getting choked out three weeks prior and going three rounds with a fighter like GSP would take its toll on your body.He essentially did a three week longer fight camp.The body can only handle so much.Had he not fought three weeks prior he wouldnt of made the same mistakes in the Gastlum figh that led to the punch landing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The punch may have still knocked him out ten years ago but the GSP fight definitely played a factor.Getting choked out three weeks prior and going three rounds with a fighter like GSP would take its toll on your body.He essentially did a three week longer fight camp.The body can only handle so much.Had he not fought three weeks prior he wouldnt of made the same mistakes in the Gastlum figh that led to the punch landing

Getting choked out has no effect. Getting rocked by GSP and getting his head hammered into the mat and cage before the choke would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Being Choked out after a war with GSP and taking on a guy with such good hands... In all my years watching this sport I don't remember such a high profile fighter taking such a fight at short notice and for me it was borderline madness.
    Cerrone comes to mind alright...

When I first heard about it I honestly thought it was a joke.
    His team probably had no say, no way would they have let him take that fight Imo

Getting choked out has no effect. Getting rocked by GSP and getting his head hammered into the mat and cage before the choke would though.

^ 100% This

The choke was not an issue. The flash KO before the sub was a massive issue

Advertisement