Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be possible to learn German from scratch through Arts?

• 25-11-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm aware that you can do German through Arts without any prior knowledge, but I was hoping to find someone here with experience of German in NUIG. French was the only foreign language offered at our school & I typically get H2s in it. I would like to become fluent in either French or German.

I Skype & Snapchat 3 German girls that did their exchange in my school, regularly so I have that advantage as well as an interest in German culture. Anyhow, enough of my rambling, would it be possible for me to become fluent in a German having not done it in the Leaving Cert, or should I stick with French?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Quokka99 wrote: »
    I'm aware that you can do German through Arts without any prior knowledge, but I was hoping to find someone here with experience of German in NUIG. French was the only foreign language offered at our school & I typically get H2s in it. I would like to become fluent in either French or German.

I Skype & Snapchat 3 German girls that did their exchange in my school, regularly so I have that advantage as well as an interest in German culture. Anyhow, enough of my rambling, would it be possible for me to become fluent in a German having not done it in the Leaving Cert, or should I stick with French?
    I would stick with German tbh unless you really wanted to study German
    I know a few who did German and got through first year but once into second year they couldnt keep up as the level they wish you to attain after one year is higher level lc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Niamhmg

You can do German from beginners level as a subject in arts Nuig, im pretty sure, check it out in prospectus

Advertisement