Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Toy Kitchen

Options
  • 25-11-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I'm wondering would anyone recommend a brand of toy kitchen for a 20 month old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

JK82 wrote: »
    Hi I'm wondering would anyone recommend a brand of toy kitchen for a 20 month old.

We picked one up in IKEA for our 2yr old and she loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Both Aldi/ Lidl had them recently and might still have some in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

fits wrote: »
    Both Aldi/ Lidl had them recently and might still have some in stock.

I got one from Lidl a few weeks back for €45 - most of the types online are double the price!

The IKEA one looked a bit bland and boring compared to the Aldi and Lidl ones.

Here's the Lidl one we got:
    a285653_285943_fs_v01_usar_ifla-1.jpg?strip=all&w=591&quality=100
    In hindsight, I'm not sure how sturdy it will be up against a wall?
    The legs dont look that steady - I was hoping for a more solid base.
    However, the hob unit takes batteries and lights up!! can't wait to see that. :D

THis was the Aldi one I saw the other week:
    nintchdbpict000320061083.jpg?strip=all&w=480&quality=100

I havent put it up yet, and probably wont for another few months until he's steady walking.
    Does anyone have feedback on the Lidl / Aldi sets like these?

FYI - here's the IKEA one:

ikea-childrens-role-play-mini-kitchen__1364310221998-s4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Yeah the ikea one is great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bren2002 wrote: »
    Yeah the ikea one is great

Seems alright at €69.
    It's clear the Lidl one have modelled there's on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We got a second hand ikea one in perfect condition for like 35e including accessories. Brilliant buy, he loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

We have a lovely Little Tikes one. It was expensive but our 4, 2 and 1 year old all love it. We have it two years now and it’s still perfect.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/little-tikes-premium-wood-home-and-kitchen/743717156.prd?gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1sVXPa0jGYqoMr36DnWkn1C_qcn1Z68Ugvo090wqdJxGlgnjlzi24hoCO-0QAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ah lord that’s gorgeous. We got the ALDI one. Have not assembled it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We got the Tidlo one http://www.babame.com/Tidlo-Country-Play-Kitchen_p_1363.html last Christmas and very happy with it. Something to keep in mind is the height of the kitchen as the smaller ones don’t have the longevity... this one will still be a fine size for a 4/5 year old to play with whereas my 2.5 year old was playing with the Aldi one today and it’s fine for her now butwven next year at 3.5 she’d be a bit big for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Roesy wrote: »
    We have a lovely Little Tikes one. It was expensive but our 4, 2 and 1 year old all love it. We have it two years now and it’s still perfect.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/little-tikes-premium-wood-home-and-kitchen/743717156.prd?gclid=CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1sVXPa0jGYqoMr36DnWkn1C_qcn1Z68Ugvo090wqdJxGlgnjlzi24hoCO-0QAvD_BwE

We have this kitchen too for the last 3 years and it's fabulous. We have definitely got value for money with it and there isn't a scratch on it even though it's got so much use. Would highly recommend. We'll pass it on when the children get older.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Santa is bringing the Tildo country kitchen as I heard good things about the quality and the height. My SIL has last years Lidl kitchen (looks very similar to the ikea one) and has gotten sick of fixing the bits that kept breaking. Although her kids wouldn’t be the gentlest either so it may be more to do with that than the quality of the kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I would recommend a plastic one over wooden. We have ours in the little tikes country cottage playhouse in the garden.

I Wouldn’t put a wooden one out there.
    We also have a wooden market stall
    Which I would love to put out too but afraid it will get wrecked :(

Ours is from mothercare. It’s fab ;) think it was around €5o half price

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't recommend the plastic ELC kitchens, they break too easily. We replaced it with a wooden ikea one and it is brilliant.
    I love - https://www.amazon.co.uk/KidKraft-Deluxe-culinary-wooden-kitchen/dp/B00N5951T8/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&psr=EY17&ie=UTF8&qid=1512037001&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=toy+wooden+kitchen
    http://www.babame.com have gorgeous ones.

Tesco has a small wooden one that is a dolls house at the back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

The Ikea one has been perfect for us. We got it when our eldest was 1, she’s 4.5 and still plays with it and so does her 17 month old sister. My nephew is 3 and has one and loves it too.

It’s durable, has little adapters to raise it up as the child grows and really is one of the toys that gets most use in our house. I got contact paper for the worktops and a bit of paint to dicky it up a bit, it still looks like new. I think the one Lidl have in looks like a great alternative to it.

I much prefer the look of it compared to plastic but that’s just my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Our third year with the Aldi one and with two babies everyday playing with it.its still perfect. Definitely the best value for money I have ever got.

Advertisement