Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring Internet usage

Options
  • 25-11-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an app or similar application available to download in order to monitor Internet usage real-time?

I am a relatively light user with a monthly allowance of 20GB. Under normal circumstances, my average usage is a fraction of this allowance. However, my latest bill shows quite alot of usage, I suspect W10 updates etc. etc. The important issue is that my bill shows downloads of 5.5GB on the last day of the billing cycle and there does not appear to be any update downloaded on that day.

I am aware that I can monitor the remaining allowance via the service provider's web site, but as this is not updated in real-time, it can be quite misleading as one nears the end of the billing cycle. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Your router/modem might have this capability build in, that way you would see global usage per your network.
    Apps would measure usage per device. One of them DU Meter
    Win10 have some meter build in, same with smartphones
    Whatever you measure/account for within your network will differ from what your ISP will do due to dropped/resend packets, etc.

Advertisement