Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning faulty item bought on eBay after 3 months

Options
  • 25-11-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Feel like I'm in a grey area here. I have returned faulty products purchased through ebay and obtained a refund before but usually within a week or two.

On August 8th I bought a pair of Sony SBH 80 headphones that were listed as 'new' and indeed came in a sealed box. They worked fine at first but today I went to listen to them and only one ear is working.

I have contacted the seller requesting a refund and asking to return the item. The listing does mention "no returns" http://www.ebay.ie/itm/-/192265127801? but my understanding is that refers to the idea you cannot just return the product if you don't like it because I don't see how one could sell a product which doesn't work and hide behind the fact that they've written 'no returns' on the ad because when you purchase something it's implied that it's going to be fully functional and for more than 3 months.

Anyone have a similar experience and know what road I am likely to go down here?

Obviously my hope is the seller just allows me return them and refunds me but it never seems to be that easy with eBay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If it's more than 30 days since the transaction eBay won't do anything for you. Your best bet is to open a dispute through Paypal if the seller does nothing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks to be a private seller selling an unused item they owned in a private capacity? I'd say no comeback as it worked as described for 3 months, have you tried contacting Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

If you were to put yourself in the sellers shoes. If you sold an item on ebay and 3 months later the buyer contacted you saying they wanted a refund as it was faulty.
    Would you happily refund it?
    I know I would be a bit sceptical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yeah I can understand that. I can see logic in all the above, I was hoping someone would have been in a similar situation and know definitively what my options are.

Advertisement