Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xams Present Not being Delivered

Options
  • 25-11-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend ordered a present for me on the 26th of October. The package was bought from Italy.

Original estimate for delivery was within 8 working days. She has been contacting the company about delivery and it arrived in Dublin on 13th November according to the tracker. She expected it to be delivered to our address in Dublin on the 14th after seeing this. On the 14th the tracker said it is now in Roscommon being returned to sender. It is currently in Germany.

She contacted them on the 10th of November, and 15th looking for the package. She finally received a reply this morning saying that they did all they could to deliver the package but nothing they can do to get it delivered as it has left Ireland.

They have now stated that she will receive a refund within 14 working days of it arriving back at the warehouse in Italy and once it has been thoroughly checked.

This seems quite odd to us as it needs to be checked for a refund to be issued, as we never got it. Aslo, that its 14 working days for a refund after this aswell.

Does she have any rights here for an immediate refund or replacement?

Thanks,

PHG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No - they say "within" 14 days. It could be made on the first day or 14th day.

Fairly standard in most companies - just covering themselves for every eventuality.

I have same wording in my terms and conditions. - Reality is that the refund is done almost immediately unless there's a question of damage (where item was delivered and then sent back), or if payment was by cheque / draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rock22

She could approach her card issuer, assuming she paid with a card, and ask for a charge back. it would appear that she has the evidence , from the tracking, that the package never reached her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

rock22 wrote: »
    She could approach her card issuer, assuming she paid with a card, and ask for a charge back. it would appear that she has the evidence , from the tracking, that the package never reached her

And they will have evidence that they dispatched it and could argue the case and then it could take much longer.

A chargeback requires you declaring that it was "unathorised". Some banks charge a fee for a false chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

CeilingFly wrote: »
    And they will have evidence that they dispatched it and could argue the case and then it could take much longer.

A chargeback requires you declaring that it was "unathorised". Some banks charge a fee for a false chargeback.

There is different types of chargebacks. Some are for unauthorised but others can be for 'non delivery', 'refund not processed' as promised etc. I would allow the 14 days for refund and if not received, contact the bank to dispute it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You can request a chargeback if a transaction is unauthorized, or if a supplier does not deliver the goods or services for which you paid.

If you have proof the original delivery was estimated to be 8 (working) days and you have given them 20, I believe having to wait up to another 14 days is unacceptable.

I would ring the bank and initiate the chargeback.
    CeilingFly wrote: »

• Advertisement
Advertisement