Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting external antenna to B315

Options
  • 25-11-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I live in an area of Limerick that has quite limited options when it comes to broadband providers and I am considering buying a Three pay as you go sim and using it as a hotspot. I did some research and found you can get dedicated modems like the Huaweii B315 but what I need to know is can I somehow connect an external antenna to the modem, as to the best of my knowledge, we can only get 4G outdoors, not indoors. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    ..... I did some research and found you can get dedicated modems like the Huaweii B315 but what I need to know is can I somehow connect an external antenna to the modem, as to the best of my knowledge, we can only get 4G outdoors, not indoors. Cheers

Huawei B315 model has ports/connectors for external antenna's.
    My personal opinion model B593 was/is better one for week signals
    Also consider successors E5186 and latest B525. These two have Gigabit LAN for wired connections, previous B593 only 100Mb
    All models above have external antenna ports.

Advertisement