Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Brighton 25/11/17 k/o 3pm SS ROI/NBCSN

Comments

• Matt Holland piss off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Total lack of class from United there.

Player not injured. Perfectly fine. Lack of class from Brighton tbh. Looking to time waste.

They kick it out for their player to receive treatment. You kick it back. The most basic sporting gesture in football doesn’t apply to United because they weren’t winning. That is a lack of class.

• Lukaka working hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Agreed, United have had a raw deal today.

Shouldn't need the ref o your side to beat Brighton...

Was that a corner initially btw? Watching in work but looked to come off Lukaku last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They kick it out for their player to receive treatment. You kick it back. The most basic sporting gesture in football doesn’t apply to United because they weren’t winning. That is a lack of class.

But he wasn't injured. Ref wasn't worried. Not in the laws. Has actually had a directive to stop people doing it to avoid abuse, like with Knockaert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Kicking the ball out is a load of bollix irrespective of which team it is. Up to the referee to stop play if needed. If not needed then why stop play?

Scrap the cap!

• Foul on Ibra

Ref having a mare

Lukker- wrote: »
    Shouldn't need the ref o your side to beat Brighton...

Was that a corner initially btw? Watching in work but looked to come off Lukaku last

Who said we needed the ref on our side to beat Brighton? You're arguing against your imagination.

• Handball

• Advertisement

But he wasn't injured. Ref wasn't worried. Not in the laws. Has actually had a directive to stop people doing it to avoid abuse, like with Knockaert.

Yes as I said, the most basic sporting gesture in football doesn’t apply to United. I understand that now.

And I’m sure every player on the pitch knew there was no injury when play restarted, even though the player in question had just been helped off the field.

Yes as I said, the most basic sporting gesture in football doesn’t apply to United. I understand that now.

And I’m sure every player on the pitch knew there was no injury when play restarted, even though the player in question had just been helped off the field.

Ah, I didn't realise you were one of those wind-up dudes. Forgive me, continue on without me.

• Pogba is tiring
    Take him off before he gets injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Pogba is tiring Take him off before he gets injured

No chance now to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He cleared it out. Why give it back to them? They'd been time wasting for ages before that, it's not Uniteds job to help them.

Jayop wrote: »
    He cleared it out. Why give it back to them? They'd been time wasting for ages before that, it's not Uniteds job to help them.

Excuse me sir. You can't feed the animals :P

• Advertisement

• That's wreckless from Duffy
    Could have been red and alot worse for Ibra

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's wreckless from Duffy
    Could have been red and alot worse for Ibra

Should have been a red. Awful challenge.

Great work Lukaku.

And now brightons time wasting earlier is rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good win, Brighton got what they deserved

Man City beware, United are back

• Advertisement

• 3 points get in

• Lukker- wrote: »
    Man City beware, United are back

Not sure if serious or just bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Every team time wastes in fairness, United were at it plenty against Liverpool earlier this season. Whatever about who deserved to win etc, timewasting is a very minor thing to claim victory over. Thought Brighton were unlucky, were comfortable enough defending before the deflection.

Jealous :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

That was a lot worse than the huddersfield game

We couldn't look any further away from champions form than that.

Horrific.

I think I've stayed away from discussing lakauku's touch untill this week.

I'd really know idea how bad it really was. It's worse than a lot of lads I play ball with :pac:

He really needs to work on this and his link up play or he'll soon find himself behind ibra imo

Think this is Matic's second game now that's been a bit lack cluster with some mistakes creeping into it which is concerning.

The only real positive is lind didn't provide any more ammo for the firing squad.

Grim stuff.

Chelsea fan who doesn't like Mourinho. Pops into these threads every so often to have a dig, then heads off again.

Chelsea fan who doesn't like Mourinho. Pops into these threads every so often to have a dig, then heads off again.

His mother is obviously very proud

Otherwise known as posting.

Mourinho's my boy

Really poor performance by United. Any team with a collective intelligence is able to stifle them for the most part, barring a rare piece of magic or a huge slice of luck like today.

Really poor performance by United. Any team with a collective intelligence is able to stifle them for the most part, barring a rare piece of magic or a huge slice of luck like today.

Lol. Posts like this make wins like that even sweeter. 2nd in the table and a goal difference of 22. Pure luck lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did Lukaku kick out at someone in the build up to the goal? Missed the match but heard the studio guys mention something about him being lucky to not get a card?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did Lukaku kick out at someone in the build up to the goal? Missed the match but heard the studio guys mention something about him being lucky to not get a card?

That's the only thing you're interested about?

Not a leg breaker put on ibra?

He did yeah. It was a niggly enough game. Duffy should have had a straight red.

limnam wrote: »
    That's the only thing you're interested about?

Not a leg breaker put on ibra?

I didn't see the match or hear anything else, I only got the TV now and was flicking channels to find the Liverpool game. On TSN the studio guys said something about Lukaku kicking at someone or something.

What happened with Ibra? I thought he was still out injured?

He did yeah. It was a niggly enough game. Duffy should have had a straight red.

Thanks Jayop. Did yous look to be getting back going again after a few sticky results or still a bit slow going?

That's his third game back. Duffy slid in two footed and caught him. Lucky not to have a bad injury from it.

People having a go at them for the way the played, but that's how teams have to setup to get a result away from home at a team like United. Good spirited performance from them, and they can count themselves unlucky. United weren't great, but that doesn't matter, all they needed was the win. Winning ugly is just as important and any team will take that result.

Brighton will cause other big teams problems, Hughton has done an excellent job and I think Mourinho let him know that after

Thanks Jayop. Did yous look to be getting back going again after a few sticky results or still a bit slow going?

Sloppy enough in attack, made a few decent chances, possibly could have had a pen for a hand ball. We're very open with how we're playing lately and we're giving up a lot of chances on the break similar to the goal Newcastle got last week.

People having a go at them for the way the played, but that's how teams have to setup to get a result away from home at a team like United. Good spirited performance from them, and they can count themselves unlucky. United weren't great, but that doesn't matter, all they needed was the win. Winning ugly is just as important and any team will take that result.

Brighton will cause other big teams problems, Hughton has done an excellent job and I think Mourinho let him know that after

I didn't notice many complaining how Brighton played.

They played better than united in parts tbh.

• Advertisement

I'm not having a go at them Lukker, they did what they had to do to have the best chance of getting a result. It's up to the ref to stop time wasting.

Sloppy enough in attack, made a few decent chances, possibly could have had a pen for a hand ball. We're very open with how we're playing lately and we're giving up a lot of chances on the break similar to the goal Newcastle got last week.

As long as your picking up points at this part of the season. It'd be great if Liverpool could grind out a few 1 Nils :pac:

• Jayop wrote: »

Same as last week
    Mata in a midfield three doesn't work
    He covered little to no ground which leaves to much space
    I'd prefer a midfield 3 of Herrera / Matic with Pogba just in front
    Our back four were solid in defence. Lindlelof was my MOTM
    Valencia was so poor in attack tho, we need to stop providing him so much of the ball and let martial and Rashford do the attacking
    Lukaka worked really hard, particularly in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Brighton went in with a lot of force a good few times. Few near miss tackles that the ref was letting go and the obvious Duffy tackle was the one that was coming without them being punished and could have been bad for Zlatan.

Yeah mick easily Lindelof's best game for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mourinho grinding out the 1 0s .

As predicted. Boring boring / efficient efficient depending on your stance

• Advertisement

But wait. Aren't they the second highest goal scorers in the league?

Oh, You just popped in to talk rubbish.

Sorry, Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Alright lads !
    Long time reader very infrequent poster here.

Well that was poor .. great to get the win but it was far from convincing ! Lindelof played his best game so far no doubt .

Does Valencia ever "cross" the ball ?? All he ever seems to do is close his eyes and hit it as hard as possible .. infuriating because he's possibly the best winger to full back transformation you're likely to see

limnam wrote: »

I didn't notice many complaining how Brighton played.

They played better than united in parts tbh.

They were certainly more adventurous than United have been in big away games. I think their manager learned from the Arsenal game where they set up very negatively, created nothing and obviously gave themselves no chance of winning. He didn’t want a repeat of that.

Today, in the first half especially they were dangerous. Their right winger was arguably man of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

5 of the last 9 United matches have ended 1 - 0...

He's crazy that lad talking about 1 0s and mourinho

• Advertisement
Advertisement