Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro goes deathly grey using HDR

Options
  • 25-11-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm playing the frozen Wilds on my new pro and Sony 4K TV. When I go into the visual settings and turn on HDR rendering the overall screen and image quality goes very grey and flat.

My Sony TV SCART output is for set to enhanced 4K features..

When I turn off HDR rendering the overall screen brightness very well to the normal TV brightness and looks pretty good but clearly there's an issue with the HDR rendering aspect on the TV any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

SCART?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What the actual fcuk?

We all know the OP meant HDMI :)

Does this happen in other games or 4k/HDR content op?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

We all know the OP meant HDMI :)

Does this happen in other games or 4k/HDR content op?

Sorry all. Dropped a few decades with the first post.

Yes. Seems to be same on Hellblade. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sticker wrote: »
    Sorry all. Dropped a few decades with the first post.

Yes. Seems to be same on Hellblade. Any ideas?

Cable

Are you using the cable that actually came with your Pro?

Chances are your HDMI cable is one of the older ones and not capable of it...

I tried using a different HDMI on my Pro before and it couldn't get 4K 60 on PC, nor could it do it on the Pro, and this would be considered a decent cable for the time, capable of 4K 30 but not 60hz...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Cable

I tried using a different HDMI on my Pro before and it couldn't get 4K 60 on PC, nor could it do it on the Pro, and this would be considered a decent cable for the time, capable of 4K 30 but not 60hz...

Thanks for the reply. I got the PS4 off adverts and the guy who sold it to me actually gave me a Sky HDMI cable that he told me would be sufficient for the 4K TV...

If this doesn't do the job where would I get an appropriate cable?

Also what's the best settings in pro video? I have if set to auto.

2160P - YUV420] or [2160p- RGB].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I use the HDMI cable I got with the Pro on my TV and find the HDR to be the same. TV is only a Hisense 8 bit panel so not true HDR as such and I just figured it was because the TV wasn't up to scratch so turned off HDR. Should I get a new cable or if it doesn't work with the bundled one am I right saying its the TV?

Cable

Would this do the job?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427

Looks like it would do the job alright, I don't think the sky cable would be up to the task personally...

Looks like it would do the job alright, I don't think the sky cable would be up to the task personally...

Quite a shipping addon!!

price.png

Anyone know of a more local location for this type of cable?

• Advertisement

Quite a shipping addon!!

price.png

Anyone know of a more local location for this type of cable?

Try the standard PS4 cable if ya have an older PS4, they look the same as the Pro ones...

Try the standard PS4 cable if ya have an older PS4, they look the same as the Pro ones...

I read online, they are different cables for standard and Pro...

For maximum quality, you’ll need a PS4 Pro system, a 4K TV with a Premium HDMI input port (often marked in blue), and a Premium HDMI cable. A Premium HDMI cable is included with PS4 Pro, but those who need to purchase a longer cable should remember to get one that meets the Premium HDMI spec.

The newer Premium HDMI format can display a 4K signal at up to 60 frames per second (60Hz). Older High Speed HDMI cables (aka HDMI 1.4) can technically display a 4K signal on a 4K TV, but the performance will be limited to just 30 frames per second (30Hz).

I read online, they are different cables for standard and Pro...

For maximum quality, you’ll need a PS4 Pro system, a 4K TV with a Premium HDMI input port (often marked in blue), and a Premium HDMI cable. A Premium HDMI cable is included with PS4 Pro, but those who need to purchase a longer cable should remember to get one that meets the Premium HDMI spec.

The newer Premium HDMI format can display a 4K signal at up to 60 frames per second (60Hz). Older High Speed HDMI cables (aka HDMI 1.4) can technically display a 4K signal on a 4K TV, but the performance will be limited to just 30 frames per second (30Hz).

I don't think that's the case...

I don't have 2 pro's in the house, 1 standard and one Pro but used the "standard" cable on the PC (4K 60) and the other one that came with the Pro to connect that to the 4K TV, I ran into issues on every other HDMI in the house... (and I've load's!)

So if you know anyone who has the cable out of the box of a standard PS4, give it a go...

Nothing to lose, it just won't display if not compatible

Edit : added a picture of it, has a few dots around it

1zzg67l.jpg

I don't have 2 pro's in the house, 1 standard and one Pro but used the "standard" cable on the PC (4K 60) and the other one that came with the Pro to connect that to the 4K TV, I ran into issues on every other HDMI in the house... (and I've load's!)

So if you know anyone who has the cable out of the box of a standard PS4, give it a go...

1zzg67l.jpg

Cheers. I'm overseas now but check it when I get back. Thanks again.

1zzg67l.jpg

It worked... Much better and proper hdr using the regular ps4 cable. Many thanks Fieldog

Advertisement