Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pbligations of management company.

Options
  • 25-11-2017 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭

I own a top floor apartment, last week I got a call from my tenants that there was water coming from the kitchen ceiling. I went to take a look, I rang the director of the management company, he asked me to go ahead and arrange someone to repair it. I had a contaractor come up, he said he would be there 2 days later. The night before he arrived, the dripping stopped, we think it may have been the wind blowing from an unusual direction and blowing light rain in under an old ibeam.

There has been very heavy rain since and there has been no return of the leak, however, the ceiling has some paint damage and some plastering that need to be repaired.

Would it be up to the management company to cover the fees for repairs? I'm assuming it would be their responsibility....

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

If the leak came from the exterior or roof the mgmt company is liable I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

+1 to Tea Drinker's comment - If the source leak is coming from an area outside your four walls and ceiling then it's the management companies responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Yes and no. The ingress of water has not been established unless you have inspected the void and established such.

The primary policy will have an excess of thousands, if the directors are savvy about 5k.

Your plasterboard is in the hundred range to replace and repaint.

Identify the issue and establish with Inc what remedial action is needed if any.

Advertisement