Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a charger to HP

Options
  • 25-11-2017 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

First off, apologies if in the wrong forum.

I bought a laptop off laptopsdirect in September last year, so over a year ago.

The charger has stopped working. I'd like to get it repaired by HP the manufacturer, but I'm a loss how to do that using their site?

Has anyone returned something successfully to them for repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you tried contacting them through their support website? https://support.hp.com/ie-en/contact-hp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

steve_r wrote: »
    First off, apologies if in the wrong forum.

I bought a laptop off laptopsdirect in September last year, so over a year ago.

The charger has stopped working. I'd like to get it repaired by HP the manufacturer, but I'm a loss how to do that using their site?

Has anyone returned something successfully to them for repair?

HP don't manufacture in this country anymore they prefer Asian slaves, I have a few knocking about have you a charger serial and I'll see if I have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Pretty sure there is a mandatory 2 year warranty in Europe, which is in place regardless of manufacturer warranty.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

So I would get in touch with whomever you brought it from and ask them to repair or replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Even if it is still under warranty, doubt HP will repair charger. Replace more likely if at all.
    Contact laptopsdirect first......and of course after following multiple " help " links you will find this:
    Most of the purchases you make have lifetime technical support directly with the manufacturer*. As we sell over 15,000 products from more than 450 manufacturers it is not possible for us to provide you with the same level of technical expertise as the manufacturers. To find the contact details of their dedicated helpline, please click here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Have you tried contacting them through their support website? https://support.hp.com/ie-en/contact-hp/

Yeah I tried that - all it gives is effectivly a forum where people can give troubleshooting advice - I can't find a way of looking for a repair/replacement
    HP don't manufacture in this country anymore they prefer Asian slaves, I have a few knocking about have you a charger serial and I'll see if I have one?

Thanks very much, actually got a replacement online but the connector is slightly dodge, which is why I want to get an official HP replacement.
    Even if it is still under warranty, doubt HP will repair charger. Replace more likely if at all.
    Contact laptopsdirect first......and of course after following multiple " help " links you will find this:

That's great, will give that number a ring on Monday.

Thanks all for your help! :)

• Advertisement

I'm a few days late but HP's Irish number is 01 4118932 if you need it.

Advertisement