Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical mods. Add sockets from existing and lighting from existing.

Options
  • 25-11-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi.

I've just ripped apart my Snooker room outside to update and add electrical outlets to it and add led lights underneath the table and other things described below.

Some infos.
    It's got it's own consumer unit that in the same room that's currently setup for night saver for the 1kw storage heater. (might be needing to touch the CCU for storage heater timer, see below.) If I do that, it'll be a qualified sparkie doing that as I know you can get fined something like 5,000eur!

I'm taking down the ceiling to install a new k18 Kingspan one, so I can expose the wiring between the joists.

Chasing of walls has been done. Possibly changing this to again use k18 Kingspan here with 50x25mm battens and Comp board fixed over so the wiring could be wall fixed in conduit instead.

Question 1
    I've one 12amp plug. Can I take same power to power 3 double socket plugs from that by daisy chaining the wire from the existing to the other 3 (wire positive/positive etc etc)? Or would a junction box in the floor be best to distribute the new runs. I'm planning to run down to the floor from 1 existing double wall socket and branching of midway to 2x wall double sockets which will be used for TV and speakers and then to 1x floor double socket for the table iron and under table heating. (Green House heating tubes). I've seen videos on YouTube where they use wire nuts but nothing for UK or Ireland regs. How would this be best done.

Question 2
    Ive one ceiling light for the table which has one 3 core wire powering that. I want to mount 4 x 30w led lights. So same question as last do I simply daisy chain (wire positive/positive etc etc) the wires from one to the next.

Question 3
    Theres 3core wire going to the coin meter which is switched. I want to know if I can (again) daisy chain from that and form a socket in the floor which will power an LED light (has adapter). Will/can that plug be then used as a normal power outlet)

Question 4
    Is there such a thing as a battery powered timer to run the storage heater for the CCU. Just every time the power goes out it disrupts the timer.

Thanks in advance and if you need any more info please let me know.

Advertisement