Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would wife drive you and pick you up from the pub

• 25-11-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭

Would the wife drop you and collect you from pub if taxis were scarse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not regularly but she would occasionally no bother.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Occasionally she would, and i' d do the same for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Patww79 wrote:

Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not only would she, but she does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

I live in a fairly rural area and used to chance 3 pints but herself started droping me down lately its not the same its nearly like too much hassel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

She used to regularly until kids came along, now she cant collect me as kids are in bed, but she still drops me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah when I go for pints after work or at the weekend. I do the same for her. Time with your mates is important to us both.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In the UK back in 1967 the breathalyser was introduced and the report from the car show of that year reckons that this was the year when women "would have their say in what goes". Followed by monumental, near comedy levels of sexism. Basically her indoors will drive you home after you've had a skinful.

Mind you I would give my left spherical organ of generation for that Lamborghini Marzal prototype.
    1967_Bertone_Lamborghini_Marzal_27.jpg
    Though Lamborghini himself was unhappy with it reckoning all that glass meant a lady's legs would be visible to the public. :eek: Note too a Ford electric car and again the voiceover notes "it's only got two pedals; go and stop. Couldn't be easier for the wife"...

Ahh.. the past, when men were men and women were wondering WTactualF? :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd pick the husbag up no bother providing its not too late, then it's a taxi. He only drinks once or twice a year so I don't mind, I would do it or expect it every week. He'd do the same for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

rustynutz wrote: »
    She used to regularly until kids came along, now she cant collect me as kids are in bed, but she still drops me off

You don't do a McCann? Saves on the auld babysitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Wibbs wrote: »
    In the UK back in 1967 the breathalyser was introduced and the report from the car show of that year reckons that this was the year when women "would have their say in what goes". Followed by monumental, near comedy levels of sexism. Basically her indoors will drive you home after you've had a skinful.

"Only two pedals, go and stop. Couldn't be easier for the wife." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Yes she drives me to drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Yes if it was during the day .
    If it was night time she'd drop me but not collect me which is fair enough as she'd be in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm sure she would if she could drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

We do it for each other, we live in a rural location so we have to.

Being busy with a newborn means we don't go out much now. I think I've asked her to pick me up twice since August, even then they were early starts and early finishes. We are going to pick each other up from our Christmas parties in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not since the nippers came along, but we have done frequently in the past. Collection would be less regular because the other party would be sleeping or scooping themselves!

The option's not there now cos the kids are in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

it wouldn't be something i would do no..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Wibbs wrote: »

Mind you I would give my left spherical organ of generation for that Lamborghini Marzal prototype.
    1967_Bertone_Lamborghini_Marzal_27.jpg

Only trouble is, if you got up to anything in that car the whole world could see you. You might find yourself starring in a You Tube video,

• Advertisement
Advertisement