Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use a Blacknight wordpress combination as a rough tool to create a wireframe fo

Options
  • 25-11-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

If I wanted to create a web game, and I have a blacknight account to create and host a website, can I use wordpress to build a 'theoretical website' but not publish it? So I could develop the different pages on this website to be the sequence of stages of the web game. And save progress as I go...

I would use the build as a wireframing exercise and then extract screen grabs to some document that will become the basis of a specification.
    This specification would be for someone to make the full web game at a later stage - the real deal - a competent person (not me).
    What I hope is that the wireframe would be just a brain dump of what the different web pages would look like, with placeholders and boxes that look that part but do not function.

If I ought use other software then let me know but I am only getting familiar with Blacknight and wordpress so would not like to add a new variable in there if these could do what I want.

Possibly the above is giving some of you a headache but I am new to this so sorry for any naivety.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Wordpress allows you to create "draft" posts and pages, though I'm not sure if that is really what you want to do.

If it's more a case of not allowing public access to the content then you could simply password protect the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AH247

Blacknight wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

Wordpress allows you to create "draft" posts and pages, though I'm not sure if that is really what you want to do.

If it's more a case of not allowing public access to the content then you could simply password protect the site?
    Ah, its more wireframing, so I have decided that the libre office equivalent of powerpoint is as good as anything..

Best of luck with it! :) 

Advertisement