Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laura, I've found your Leap card! (Douglas)

Options
  • 25-11-2017 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Found this morning, Sat 25th, 11am in Douglas.
    PM me to arrange collection.
    (LeapCard.ie also notified.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Found this morning, Sat 25th, 11am in Douglas.
    PM me to arrange collection.
    (LeapCard.ie also notified.)
    Fair Play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

This is LeapCard's reply
    "In relation to your query we cannot arrange a meeting between members of the public. We would request that you dispose of the card and we will contact the owner about the Leap card."

Of course, I didn't ask them to arrange any meeting.
    So instead of helpful customer service and Laura getting her card back today, she'll have to arrange a new card because some jobsworth hides behind some base-less insurance liability\data protection excuse. BTW Laura is a third-level student and obviously an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Don't get ratty because they can't give out information about their customers. That's a standard Data Protection response and if they didn't leave it at that it'd cost them their job.

I suggest that you look them up on Facebook and pop them a message, that's the easiest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't see anything wrong with their reply, I'd be pissed off if someone gave out my details.
    Why not hand the card into whatever college she's in, or use Facebook, you'd have her tracked down in no time.

Didn't I make it clear? Of course I didn't ask for someone's personal data. Not did I ask for a meeting to be arranged.
    I asked for my contact data to be provided to the card holder. Then the card holder as a responsible adult could make her own decisions. No data protection issues involved - just some helpful customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Didn't I make it clear? Of course I didn't ask for someone's personal data. Not did I ask for a meeting to be arranged.
    I asked for my contact data to be provided to the card holder. Then the card holder as a responsible adult could make her own decisions. No data protection issues involved - just some helpful customer service.

But you asked them to give her your number. They are just covering themselves in case ye arranged a meeting and then you (insert heinous crime here)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why not just post it to them? The Leap people were 100% right here.

mordeith wrote: »
    But you asked them to give her your number. They are just covering themselves in case ye arranged a meeting and then you (insert heinous crime here)

A blunt "no" would have been easier to accept. Instead they objected on the basis of two actions I hadn't suggested , and involked data protection which was irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I don't know why the OP wants to make contact with Laura, just return the card to Leap and let them handle it. Otherwise this sounds creepy.

I don't know why the OP wants to make contact with Laura, just return the card to Leap and let them handle it. Otherwise this sounds creepy.

Grade F for Reading Comprehension .. again, Gump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

**** it in the bin OP. You did your bit and more fair play.

Oh dear, this stranger-danger paranoia seems more prevalent these days.
    Possible heinous crimes in Douglas in daylight, deviants and creeps lurking round every corner. It's a wonder things like the freecycle network - or much of adverts and donedeal - functions at all.

But maybe I need to be worried and suspicious. Oddly, I found a set of car keys in Douglas today. Should I panic about the owner calling to collect them? Maybe I should bar the doors and fling the keys out an upstairs window - because I realise now they may have left in the street as bait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don't understand why the OP would want to make contact with Laura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

If the card's registered she can just carry the balance over. They've no way of knowing who you are, what your motivations are. If I got a call from Leapcard saying "some randomer has your card, here's his number" I'd be annoyed at them.

I'm baffled as to how you expected them to react differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

If the card's registered she can just carry the balance over. They've no way of knowing who you are, what your motivations are. If I got a call from Leapcard saying "some randomer has your card, here's his number" I'd be annoyed at them.

I'm baffled as to how you expected them to react differently.

Would you really?
    I know we have to be wary and so on with the world at times, but in this instance it would feel like the world is doing me a turn. If Laura doesn't want to meet OP surely she might could thank him for the effort and ask him to leave it back in the information counter in Douglas SC.

Not all the world is out to get us :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Would you really?
    I know we have to be wary and so on with the world at times, but in this instance it would feel like the world is doing me a turn. If Laura doesn't want to meet OP surely she might could thank him for the effort and ask him to leave it back in the information counter in Douglas SC.

Not all the world is out to get us :-(

I would yeah. I'd be expecting them to sort the problem directly if they were going to do anything.

It's piss easy to get a new card and carry the balance like, probably easier than going to meet someone.

Obviously the chances of anything happening are astronomically low, that's not the point. An employee of a large company like that can't just breach data protection and other protocols at their discretion and it's not fair to expect them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

OP you don't get any rewards in this world for being a good samaratin.
    Stop finding things!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Are you aware that in most customer service positions you can't access a person's account, much less contact the person who holds the account just because someone emails or calls in claiming they have information or something to do with one of their customers?

This is what is referred to as Data Protection, breaching account security is a guaranteed fireable offense in any position like that. You think someone is going to put their minimum wage job on the line for a piece of plastic that's worth sweet FA?

Just bin the card for the love of Christ, it's more than likely Laura has already received a replacement and is blissfully unaware of the moronic bickering over something so banal on her behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Grade F for Reading Comprehension .. again, Gump.

So you're saying you didn't have any wish to be in contact with Laura? Because you said you asked the Leap people to to give her your contact information so c'mon now, stop trying to hide your creepy wanton ways...

on your bike two wheels.

I'd love to contribute again folks but I'm expecting a caller and I need to prepare my special recipe for lightly sauteed liver and f-f-fava beans.

You all take extra care out there now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

poisonated wrote: »
    I don't understand why the OP would want to make contact with Laura.

I'm thinking Laura is well fit...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fair play for making the effort OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is LeapCard's reply
    "In relation to your query we cannot arrange a meeting between members of the public. We would request that you dispose of the card and we will contact the owner about the Leap card."

Of course, I didn't ask them to arrange any meeting.
    So instead of helpful customer service and Laura getting her card back today, she'll have to arrange a new card because some jobsworth hides behind some base-less insurance liability\data protection excuse. BTW Laura is a third-level student and obviously an adult.

Watch the cat scenes here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5962210/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

OP you don't get any rewards in this world for being a good samaratin.
    Stop finding things!

No good deed goes unpunished. You'd think you could hand it in and they would send the card on. This is how it might have worked in the good old days but now the card has to be binned and a new one created (possibly at a cost) and involving some bureaucratic framework laid out by an overpaid consultant from Acc>nture.

Advertisement