Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car to get?

Options
  • 25-11-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have so many problems with the Qashqai since I bought it that I decided to get rid of it

DPF filter was replaced
    The hand brake systems module was replaced
    The battery was replaced
    A leak in the boot was fixed

I'm trading in my 2014 Nissan Qashqai for another SUV and I have been looking at Toyota Rav Hibrid, Kia sportage and Honda CR-V

Kia seems to be a better value at the moment to go for with 0% APR HP finance on 181 models and very high specs

Toyota hybrid which doesn't have all high specs as the Kia but it's hybrid and automatic with 3.9 % APR PCP

Honda APR is 4.9 % APR, it seems more expensive but I get 11000 cash back

I don't drive much, only from home to work, 15 minutes and some driving at the weekend

I would like to get a reliable SUV

Which one will be better choice?

Thanks

Which Car to get? 17 votes

Toyota Rav
    0% 0 votes
    Honda CR-v
    35% 6 votes
    Kia sportage gt line
    47% 8 votes
    Hyundai Tucson
    17% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Peugeot 3008 is worth a look it got car or the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

With that lack of usage I'd be steering clear of diesels or you could be back to the same problems again. And to be fair replacing a battery on a 3 year old car would be classed as wear and tear rather than a fault. Granted your typical battery on average normally lasts longer but the lack of use could have contributed to it needing replacement.

Kia have the Nero hybrid too which might suit you. Toyota also have the CHR hybrid which is a bit smaller than the RAV4 unless you actually need a RAV4 sized SUV.

Kia it's just a Kia...the resale value is brutal, avoid.

That's nonsense to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Kia it's just a Kia...the resale value is brutal, avoid.

What's with the ****e spouted here the last while? I've gone from seeing the Passat b6 being voted as the most reliable car ever to a poster saying peugeots and renaults are best avoided cause they used to give trouble to Kia being brutal come sale time.
    They come with a 7 year warranty so that says something about their faith in the brand and they are making some cracking cars.
    Their general spec can put other premium brands to shame and they aren't trying to act as anything else but comfortable cruiser.
    What I would say is crap is that the only diesel on offer is a piddly 1.7 with 140bhp.. stupid of them.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    That's nonsense to be honest.

Give me 20k and I'll get you a 162 sportage and not the base model, was trying to sell my dad's one, absolutely brutal prices if just trying to sell it.

Selling any high value car privately will struggle no matter what make it is, easy access to PCP credit and the ability of a garage to take a trade in will always make selling privately more difficult. You would find it just as hard to sell a Toyota of that value privately.

Also if you want to talk poor resale values then try trading a relatively new premium brand like BMW or Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgaie

With that lack of usage I'd be steering clear of diesels or you could be back to the same problems again. And to be fair replacing a battery on a 3 year old car would be classed as wear and tear rather than a fault. Granted your typical battery on average normally lasts longer but the lack of use could have contributed to it needing replacement.

Kia have the Nero hybrid too which might suit you. Toyota also have the CHR hybrid which is a bit smaller than the RAV4 unless you actually need a RAV4 sized SUV.

I need a big SUV. I wouldn't go to a smaller size than the Qashqai
    Will the RAV hybrid use much petrol?
    In the Qashqai I fill up tank every 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 makon_mc

15 min drive here is the key word. I would stay away from diesel - as on this distance during winter time oil in the engine won’t be warm enough. I have switched from petrol to diesel recently and thats only because I drive daily full lenght of m50 and thats outside of top congestion hours. For around the corner trips we use wife’s petrol car.

You already had dpf problems so another diesel can give u exactly same problems.

Mitsubishi outlander, toyota c-hr, rav4 hybrids are cars I would be looking at.
    More expensive to buy, but cheaper to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Skoda kodiaq as an option?

Definitely you need to get a petrol. Diesels need a good run to make them economical end ensure things like the dpf don't get prematurely damaged through lower mileage, no motorway use etc.

Petrol will be much smoother and warm up quicker for your tiny journeys.

Not sure if a hybrid makes any sense for such small journeys either?

But Kia are great. The new sportage is just lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The RAV4 is probably the best choice here.

cgaie wrote: »
    Will the RAV hybrid use much petrol?
    In the Qashqai I fill up tank every 3 weeks

With you giving the vehicle such little use you should not be letting mpg dictate your choice.

cgaie wrote: »

The 1.2 petrol Peugeot 5008 should be fairly high on your radar then, it's got huge space and a very modern interior. It beats the Nissan and Skoda in this review. https://www.whatcar.com/news/nissan-x-trail-vs-peugeot-5008-vs-skoda-kodiaq/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

With you giving the vehicle such little use you should not be letting mpg dictate your choice.

Well said, fuel costs at the OP's mileage won't matter really.

Unless a hybrid version is only a fraction dearer than a petrol I wouldn't bother, alternatively if the OP wants an automatic then the hybrid option makes more sense.

Advertisement