Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacation notice a month before Christmas

Options
  • 26-11-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    I just wanted a second opinion on this really. Living in London, renting with 3 Polish flatmates. The girl sub-letting the rooms (Live in tenant) decides to evict me, to be out 2 weeks before christmas. My tenancy expired last month but I continued paying rent and she didn't say anything, so it was presumed the tenancy would be ongoing for a few months at least. Anyway, she suddenly now says I got to go. I find this quite a cold thing to do. This girl looks so innocent and sweet, but must really have evil in her. She says she has no intention of renting the rooms, and is gonna live in a 3 bed flat alone in London, on a pret a manger wage.
    Some people just really shock me beyond belief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Maybe you're not easy to live with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Addle wrote: »
    Maybe you're not easy to live with?

I was expecting a ****ty remark like that. I'm pretty easy to live with, don't drink, don't smoke, don't have people over, clean up the place regularly.

She's subletting so can do what she wants.
    If you want more security of tenure, don't sublet.

She's subletting so can do what she wants.
    If you want more security of tenure, don't sublet.

I know what she is and I know exactly what she is doing, but 2 weeks before Christmas

lufties wrote: »
    I know what she is and I know exactly what she is doing, but 2 weeks before Christmas

Well you don't have to wait until then.
    She probably just wants the place to herself for Xmas.
    I've been in your position, and hers.

• Advertisement

Well you don't have to wait until then.
    She probably just wants the place to herself for Xmas.
    I've been in your position, and hers.
    Well, I just randomly bumped into he landlady earlier. She knew nothing about this and agreed this girl was being unreasonable. So now I don't leave until the new year. 
    I'm not gonna be there over christmas, so this loony has the place to herself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

lufties wrote:
    Well, I just randomly bumped into he landlady earlier. She knew nothing about this and agreed this girl was being unreasonable. So now I don't leave until the new year. I'm not gonna be there over christmas, so this loony has the place to herself anyway.

Who are you paying the rent to? You need to speak to the landlady as ultimately she is responsible unless she has derogated the responsibility to the tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The girl sub-letting the rooms (Live in tenant) decides to evict me
    Well, I just randomly bumped into he landlady earlier.
    First off, who do you pay rent to? If you pay rent to the landlady, she's your LL. But if you pay rent to the girl, she's you LL.
    I'm pretty easy to live with, don't drink, don't smoke, don't have people over, clean up the place regularly.
    I'm betting that this doesn't matter, and she's trying to clear the house before xmas so that she can have friends & family over for the xmas period.

the_syco wrote: »
    First off, who do you pay rent to? If you pay rent to the landlady, she's your LL. But if you pay rent to the girl, she's you LL.

I'm betting that this doesn't matter, and she's trying to clear the house before xmas so that she can have friends & family over for the xmas period.

I pay rent into the account of this girl who is renting the flat and sub letting the rooms. I met the owner \landlady of the flat today. She was really sound and shocked at how I was treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I pay rent into the account of this girl who is renting the flat and sub letting the rooms. I met the owner \landlady of the flat today. She was really sound and shocked at how I was treated.
    TBH, she's your landlady then. Not sure what rights you'd have. Here in Ireland, you'd have feck all, as essentially the landlady (the person you pay rent to) is living in the house.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    TBH, she's your landlady then. Not sure what rights you'd have. Here in Ireland, you'd have feck all, as essentially the landlady (the person you pay rent to) is living in the house.

Tbh, its not about rights. I had accepted that this gee-bag was kicking me out 2 weeks before Christmas. Its more to do with ethics. Personally, I'd wouldn't treat a dog like that.

I guess I'm shocked at her cold nature, especially when I've done nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Tbh, its not about rights. I had accepted that this gee-bag was kicking me out 2 weeks before Christmas. Its more to do with ethics. Personally, I'd wouldn't treat a dog like that.

I guess I'm shocked at her cold nature, especially when I've done nothing wrong.

I think you are taking this way too personally OP ! Doesn't matter her intentions, you are a licencee and don't have any rights "Could be different in Uk"

You talk about right and wrong but the simple fact is she doesn't want you living there anymore, do you really want to live somewhere you are not wanted?

I think you are taking this breakup way too seriously :rolleyes: And then you go tell the Landlord what she did.

Advertisement