Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston St to Airport - Should I worry?

Options
  • 26-11-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys and gals.

My flight will be at 11:00am with closing gates at 10:30. My train will arrive in Heuston Station at 8:30.

Should I get bus to Airport or a Taxi to get faster? I feel like I'm really tight with time...

Please advice.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Should be alright, get the 747(every 15mins) from the station and you'll be at the airport in 30-45mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

If you want to be absolutely safe, Luas to Busaras then pick up the 747 there. You'll avoid all the worst city centre traffic that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Do not trust the bus...many, many times it has taken well over an hour for me to get there...sometimes as much as 85 minutes ..luas or taxi outside the main door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I wouldn't rely on public transport. It's tight but doable. Grab a cab from outside the station. It should cost around €25.

Mention you're tight on time too and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Maybe consider booking the fast track security clearance at the airport as well, should give you a few minutes extra leeway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

It'll be busy from 8 till 11 in the airport this morning. Might be best to get a taxi. No harm being early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

That 747 does a tour of the city b4 departing down the port tunnel- DO NOT GET IT FROM HEUSTON
    Get the Luas to the point and take the bus from there to DUB via Dublin Port Tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Taxi will cost you about €20 more than the bus and should get you to the airport fairly promptly as they'll be heading against the morning traffic...

I assume you're booked on the earliest possible train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I've done that journey many times. Agreed 747 from station a no go.

I usually get off LUAS at Abbey St, cut back and get Aircoach.

Taxi would put your mind at rest for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you get off the LUAS at the point you can get the 747,757 or the Aircoach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 AlexIRL

Thank you, guys for your replies.

I'll take a taxi just to make sure i'll be there in time.

Again, thanks for posting here!

Have a good one!

Advertisement