Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm going to vote a little early as i'll be offline when the actual vote gets in.

atm im looking this way

1. Desmond
    2. Mary
    3. Riona

Desmond had posted before 11am this morning when a task may have been done and his subsequent blatant wrestling references cant be ignored. If I had more to go on elsewhere i'd probably say it was someone taking the mickey or that it was a wolf distracting us from a greater wolf but at least in the latter possibility its a wolf.

Mary and Riona both made references that were highlighted by others before 11am today one being a Macho Man reference so they make my list.

So far i'll admit i don't feel great with any of the choices but at this second there dont seem to be better

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Right I'm finally caught up with things. Sorry for the vanishing act after my one post guys. i thought it prudent to show my face yesterday before things kicked off but I've been AWOL for the day as I was driving. Just made it back to the locker room now and have been reading with interest. A few things popping out at me:

Riona's post is odd with the B&P match mentioned. Might it just be a nice coincidence that Phil had mentioned it previous to that and it is a wolf task? Or is it just innocuous and we're reading too much into it?

I like the Desmond as Mick Foley theory someone came up with. Makes sense that he would be a bit schizo. On the other hand, could be a very badly pulled off task. But I don't think so unless the task is to get yourself lynched on night 1. Probably wouldn't vote for Des tonight for this reason.

Most likely the bodyguard protected someone who was targeted last night. Lucky break if so! Good job Mr Bodyguard.

Mary got INCREDIBLY defensive when called out by Isla. Could be a spooked wolf.

Barbara's obstinacy about the no on-thread tasks thing is a bit odd but I see she's come around now. Can't really see this as a task though so I'd give it a bye.

Nigel not realising he hadn't posted yesterday though I think is a red flag. He must have a backroom where he did post yesterday so either he's good rolled villager or a wolf.

There's lots of suspicions but nothing concrete for me to pin a vote on. Might go have a trawl through the posts from yesterday again to see if anything pops out at me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm going to vote a little early as i'll be offline when the actual vote gets in.

atm im looking this way

1. Desmond
    2. Mary
    3. Riona

Desmond had posted before 11am this morning when a task may have been done and his subsequent blatant wrestling references cant be ignored. If I had more to go on elsewhere i'd probably say it was someone taking the mickey or that it was a wolf distracting us from a greater wolf but at least in the latter possibility its a wolf.

Mary and Riona both made references that were highlighted by others before 11am today one being a Macho Man reference so they make my list.

So far i'll admit i don't feel great with any of the choices but at this second there dont seem to be better

In a wrestling game, someone is suspect for using blantant wrestling references?

ipWW8ZafqTAqc.gif

go on outta that!

Mary WW wrote: »
    Not sure I can wait till the morning. Someone get me some tables, a ladder and a briefcase. It's ON! Oh Yeeeah!

Yeah I know this has been gone over earlier but this is the first mention of a match in the thread that I can see. Plus a Randy Savage quote. Screaming task to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Haha Isla, you are jumping on to anything now and clutching at straws. After working last night and being absent from the thread for the first half of today, I'm definitely more available now. However, that doesn't mean that I can shut off from the world and not get the dinner in, walk the dogs, go to the bank, etc. My notes were coming, mad that you are the only one who jumped on them and are trying to use that as a reason for lynching.

If you must know, my notes (which I admitted in my last post were nothing special ) made note of the fact that for good or for bad, you yourself have been a very hot poster in the game so far. You are quick with the accusations with very hollow reasonging - You're either an over-eager villager who is desperate to suss out an early wolf. Or a wolf looking to cause distraction. I'm honestly leaning toward the latter at the moment, but won't be too rash and will be doing lots more research before tonight's lynch.

I also noted the fact that out of all of the posters present before the munch this morning, between 7-11am, it's likely there was a wolf in there. Sure my reasoning is less than solid here: If they are online to post in-thread, they're online to conspire in a backroom. Sure, a wolf could lie low in this early phase of the game and mightn't have chosen to post in-thread pre-munch. However, I believe there was at least one wolf posting this morning, for the following reasons:

1) Task. This 'check-in' business does seem sketchy. It might not have been that specifically, but surely the wolves had to do something in-thread this morning.

2) To get conversation going in order to try to suss out a special-role villager for their first munch.

With that in mind, those who were posting in-thread before the munch make up a short list -

Orla - 2 posts, seemed helpful villager-like to me.

Isla - The most vocal this morning. Commenting how quiet it was, posting "Not long now until 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'" shortly before the munch, seems a bit gloaty. Surely a true villager wouldn't post such a thing before losing one of their own. Hopped on Mary for hollow reasons. Seems willing to hop on anyone for any reason. Whereas other posters are clearly trying to help the village, but without jumping on posters so quickly.

Doris - Posted once to say that the 'check-in task' accusation does seem plausible, but that she is not part of it.

Steve - Seemed to be doing good by helping to clarify rules which were clear in the OP, but with which other posters were getting confused.

Gabriel - cleared 20 minutes to look at the thread this morning and was disappointed there wasn't more to read. Could be innocent, but why specifically clear time this morning for WW? Why not this afternoon or anytime post-munch? His posts outside of this morning though come across like helpful villager.

Phil - Hard to get a read from the few short posts made this morning, just present and having a bit of craic.

Mary - Made 1 post condemning the bandwagons on block quotes and low post counts.

Jake - First to post this morning, two posts very early, one was a list of the post count for all active posters so far. Didn't post again until 10:57am.

So I reckon there's a wolf in there somewhere. I'll do a bit more research before I decide who. If it's all the same with you Isla, I'll be doing this in my own time-frame ;)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote: »

3. Holly - one post about the OP and nothing since.

Nothing since. Maybe she can at least respond to me FFAing her;)

Make it two now :)

Unfortunately I can't dispute the reason you've given because it's a fact. You're wrong though.

Other than that, Barbara has said there is no on-thread tasks twice, which has been refuted clearly both times. Not sure if that makes her more or less evil in my eyes though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Welcome to the game, Riona. Glad to see your notes were as thorough as promised :) Still think you were tasking it up last night ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Riona WW wrote: »

Orla - 2 posts, seemed helpful villager-like to me.

Isla - The most vocal this morning. Commenting how quiet it was, posting "Not long now until 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'" shortly before the munch, seems a bit gloaty. Surely a true villager wouldn't post such a thing before losing one of their own. Hopped on Mary for hollow reasons. Seems willing to hop on anyone for any reason. Whereas other posters are clearly trying to help the village, but without jumping on posters so quickly.

Doris - Posted once to say that the 'check-in task' accusation does seem plausible, but that she is not part of it.

Steve - Seemed to be doing good by helping to clarify rules which were clear in the OP, but with which other posters were getting confused.

Gabriel - cleared 20 minutes to look at the thread this morning and was disappointed there wasn't more to read. Could be innocent, but why specifically clear time this morning for WW? Why not this afternoon or anytime post-munch? His posts outside of this morning though come across like helpful villager.

Phil - Hard to get a read from the few short posts made this morning, just present and having a bit of craic.

Mary - Made 1 post condemning the bandwagons on block quotes and low post counts.

Jake - First to post this morning, two posts very early, one was a list of the post count for all active posters so far. Didn't post again until 10:57am.

So I reckon there's a wolf in there somewhere. I'll do a bit more research before I decide who. If it's all the same with you Isla, I'll be doing this in my own time-frame ;)

That is actually a wrestling reference ECW theme song for a while

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Well Holly, I was just so sure it didn't say specific on-thread task. An oversight on my part.

Of the list posted by Riona, Jake would be my bet for timing alone. But that's very flimsy.

Ill go with FFA results and Id encourage people getting them in

I posted the video, didn't actually say it though. Flip me.

Phil is 'having the craic' but when Isla tries it's suss.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Well Holly, I was just so sure it didn't say specific on-thread task. An oversight on my part.

Of the list posted by Riona, Jake would be my bet for timing alone. But that's very flimsy.

Well there are 22 players so to go with FFA we'd need over half (so 12)

I'll post what I have (currently 4) at 7 though and ye can decide what ye like.

Hello all.

Trying to get my head around all these initialisms. Game is called WWE. So, within WWE is WWF, WCW and ECW and these three companies are battling. Thats fine so far. But, Hunter will know better than most if WWE are winning the battle. Is there some bigger war to be waged than the intercompany battle between WWF, WCW and ECW?
    So gertie names all 3 teams in the game.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    WWE used to be called WWF, so those names can be interchanged

WWF, WCW and ECW are separate wrestling companies

Phil names all 3 teams again in response. Team Task?
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    These are my thoughts on the op:

Good/village:
    Vince - ? seer of sorts?
    Triple H - ?
    Stone Cold Steve Austin - vigilante?
    The Rock - bodyguard?
    The Undertaker - priest? someone who can speak to the dead?
    Kane - has a kill
    Bret Hart - seer?
    Shawn Michaels - ?
    Chris Jericho - ?
    Mick Foley - the drunk?
    Kurt Angle - takes more than one hit to kill him?

WCW:
    Eric Bischoff - reads like he wins if he gets killed
    Hollywood Hulk Hogan - immune to something?
    Goldberg - has special weapons

ECW:
    Paul Heyman - can recruit
    Rob Van Dam - can talk from the grave?

Gabriel lists entire roster in his post.

Also I was gonna say something about Riona's post with the video of the match but I got distracted by the video and forgot what I was going to say. Damn though! I'm just a regular ol' hot blooded male. What's a guy to do?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I wont be around much tonight, so I will leave my ffa now

#FFA1

Mary, wrestling references

Jake, majority of posts yesterday, was first to post here.

Nigel, could be bluffing by appearing strange, dont see how getting intentionally lynched could benefit any team.

will try to check back later if I get a chance.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Also, in Isla's defense in relation to the video, even though the OP doesn't specifically state it,
    I would assume YouTube videos would fall under this rule:
    These tasks will NOT include any forms of hidden messages, grammar, gif posting or spelling mistakes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    So gertie names all 3 teams in the game.

Phil names all 3 teams again in response. Team Task?
    When someone asks what different acronyms stand for, you can't really answer it without repeating those acronyms :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I wont be around much tonight, so I will leave my ffa now

#FFA1

Mary, wrestling references

Jake, majority of posts yesterday, was first to post here.

Nigel, could be bluffing by appearing strange, dont see how getting intentionally lynched could benefit any team.

will try to check back later if I get a chance.

wrestling references.. wtf.. in the wrestling game!

iXG2M9HZGaxdM.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wont somebody please think of the children

Simpsons reference in a wrestling game? Lynch the witch!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

(Joke, obvs)

(Joke, obvs)

stupid phone

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

(Joke, obvs)

Kill the beast!!!

Yep, I'm familiar with that. But...

1) Just seemed a bit too upbeat considering us villagers technically should have been shítting ourselves then. Why not wait until just before the village lynch to post it?

2) If my 'Hi folks, good to be with you' post on day 0 is going to be scrutinised, why not Isla's from within an hour of the munch?

To be honest, I'm not going to lynch you because you have been the most vocal or have been having the craic. Why can I not be having the craic with my post from yesterday?

And just to clear that up, again, since it keeps coming up - 'Bra and Panties' was already underway by the time I made my post. If you guys think I'm a wolf, well then you are in luck - You bagged 2. My wolf partner is surely one of the few posters who referenced 'B+P' before me.

All I was doing was introducing myself to the game, and commenting on how ridiculous a concept those matches were and how you wouldn't get away with them today.

But feel free to continue to waste (village) time by trying to isolate and pursue my post which either 1) uncovers both me and a fellow wolf, or 2) means that I can make other posters bend to my will, or 3) means nothing at all beyond what was posted.

Yeah, Jake would probably be my bet with the timing, but in their defence: We could be looking at someone who posted when they got into work, went off and did some work for 3 hours, then posted again when they got their first break.

Ah Riona, don't be getting too worked up. It's only really me on your tail for the post, of which I still stand by in feeling it was suss.

No need for the overtly defensive tone. Of course my posts should be scrutinised. Not arguing there.

But in your notes you state Phil is having the craic, and when I post in a similar fashion, it's me that looks suss.

I'm not getting too drawn into this as there are 5 wolves to find with possibly 2 sleeper wolves as well. So if we caught you, and as you say a wolf mate - well then that's a good start for us, especially after the failed kill this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

My #ffa

Nigel: I don't get how you can forget you didn't post. It stinks of someone who was playing the game but not on the main thread. The role claim also feels like a hail mary tbh

Desmond: the wrestling callouts are either a task or something dickish by an unhelpful player.

Mary: could do a toss up with Riona here tbh. Its basically down to the most obvious candidate for a task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I made a wrestley post in a wrestley themed game and suddenly I'm wolfey mcwolfface. Sure, why not

Presume the 2 wolf teams don't know each-other, which complicates the directions people are throwing shade. Could well be outting each other accidentally

Not a lot to go on, I'm mulling over :
    Vernon - for flimsy reasons that don't hold up to scrutiny.
    Barbara - seems determined to stir the pot
    Frank - this was based on a lack of activity but that seems to be resolving... But I'm too old to change.

Ah Riona, don't be getting too worked up. It's only really me on your tail for the post, of which I still stand by in feeling it was suss.

No need for the overtly defensive tone. Of course my posts should be scrutinised. Not arguing there.

But in your notes you state Phil is having the craic, and when I post in a similar fashion, it's me that looks suss.

I'm not getting too drawn into this as there are 5 wolves to find with possibly 2 sleeper wolves as well. So if we caught you, and as you say a wolf mate - well then that's a good start for us, especially after the failed kill this morning.

Exactly my thinking too. In defending myself here, it's taking up minutes where I could be sussing out wolves.

Someone else said it and I agree for the moment - Sure Isla could be a wolf, but we could be lynching a very helpful villager on the first lynch. Wait and see for now.

Elsewhere...

I don't think I'm being overly defensive. It wasn't just you talking about that post. I've seen a few posters question that first post of mine. Fair enough, but I'd rather the village spends time sussing out an actual wolf.

Also, in that window this morning, Phil made little output for me to be able to summarise in my own post beyond 'having the craic'. A gif and a 'Lets forget this munch business and have a gif party' was what Phil posted pre-munch. You were different, you offered lots. You made it very easy to summarise, thank you. However, just because I had the most to write about you, doesn't mean that you are the most likely on that list to be a wolf.

I still think there is a wolf on it though. Sure, there are very likely wolves not on that list, but 'pre-munch thread presence' is my lead for the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I voted Nigel early, no ideas for a free for all. Five posts the same and thinking he was posting last night ? No one else junos out.

Mary WW wrote: »
    I made a wrestley post in a wrestley themed game and suddenly I'm wolfey mcwolfface. Sure, why not

Presume the 2 wolf teams don't know each-other, which complicates the directions people are throwing shade. Could well be outting each other accidentally

Not a lot to go on, I'm mulling over :
    Vernon - for flimsy reasons that don't hold up to scrutiny.
    Barbara - seems determined to stir the pot
    Frank - this was based on a lack of activity but that seems to be resolving... But I'm too old to change.

Am I to take this as your FFA? 7 in so far if so.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Jumps out ; bloody spellcorrect.

• Advertisement

5 minutes till FFA deadline. Only 7 in. I'll table up results now.

Advertisement