Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    There is no point in villagers all piling their votes on a single person. The chances of getting a wolf in this method are slim and it allows the wolves to hide (even though we're not getting lynch votes). You do an FFA then each person votes for one of the top three. That's how it works.

There's no point in peeking Isla if she's in a room with Bret as Bret can probably confirm her. Or am I taking that up wrong?

This. I'd expect bret or michaels would counter the claim at some during the day if its false

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    This. I'd expect bret or michaels would counter the claim at some during the day if its false
    True, unless they'd have a reason to keep quiet about it

I'll change my seer vote to Vernon so

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Again, low posters get to skate by for so long in these games, is it any wonder the village loses.

Liam also needs to go. Only serving as a distraction if they're not a wolf by not contributing.

One person dies tonight. The teams have to complete a task to earn the kill. Vernon's 'task' just seems too obvious to me. Misguided, sure. Is he a wolf based on anything previous? Not for me tbh.

My little niggle is that the double bluff could have evolved so much that a wolf would and could come out with something so blatantly.

Ah, this game melts my head.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I need to sort myself out

Hey Barbara, have you sorted yourself out yet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Ah yes. I knew this. Its possible we could loose quiet ones over the next 2 days?

Yeah if they remain inactive, they will probably be modkilled.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    My little niggle is that the double bluff could have evolved so much that a wolf would and could come out with something so blatantly.

Ah, this game melts my head.

Perhaps, but if it helps this is not the case this time around. No duplicity!

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yeah if they remain inactive, they will probably be modkilled.

Not a bad thing tbh. Gillberg ending his losing streak bought us +2 and the clocks a bit in our favour now. Keep an eye out for mod kills and peek anyone who suddendly finds a streak of inspired posting in themselves out of nowhere

I dunno who any of those wrestlers are when you post gifs :(

• Advertisement

I dont know what a tracker mortgage is....

Task? Have you been waiting all day for a chance to slip this in?

Well I posted a gif of myself. Here I am again.

b8b4a620e8f1a77b938d2f9286d78a43.gif

I'm coming for you Hulkster!

Task? Have you been waiting all day for a chance to slip this in?

Haha I was halfway though typing a famous Mary movie yesterday and had to delete it just in case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

If i was voting for a peek it would be Mary feels flimsy based on a day 0 post but cant shake her so id like to see her peeked

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Lets not be so hasty on Vern

The OP :

Mick Foley: Poor Mick has taken so many blows over the years, and has suffered so much damage in the ring, that he sometimes cannot remember who he is. Suffering from split personalities, Mick keeps his opponents on their toes, as they never know if they'll have to deal with the psychotic Mankind, the suicidal Cactus Jack or the cool cat pacifist that is Dude Love.

Maybe Mick is Vern. and he is in Cactus Jack mode and has to spout some ECW references to survive or something?

FYI I voted for Desmond as he was the wolfiest person I could see. Nigel was trying to get lynched and it showed, I wasn't voting for him as a result

We is a collective term for an unnamed number of villagers who are in communication. I unfortunately have the job of communicating our wishes to the village.

Just a little curious as to how long you will be a conduit for your collective, seems a bit suss as id presumed it was for the duration your with Bret but reading your posts it seems to imply a longer term possibility?

We is a collective term for an unnamed number of villagers who are in communication. I unfortunately have the job of communicating our wishes to the village.

Just a little curious as to how long you will be a conduit for your collective, seems a bit suss as id presumed it was for the duration your with Bret but reading your posts it seems to imply a longer term possibility?

Orla WW wrote: »

Maybe. Maybe not. Can't reveal that information right now. Sorry :(

I’m not getting why some people want isla peeked. We’ve had one death so far Nigel and the mods told us his role. Then we had a mod kill. That means seer and Brett still in play unless she was one of em but we don’t know.

In theory, Brett is the seer for Isla so why would anyone want the real seer to waste a peek? Something not right in those who pushed for it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

The OP :

Mick Foley: Poor Mick has taken so many blows over the years, and has suffered so much damage in the ring, that he sometimes cannot remember who he is. Suffering from split personalities, Mick keeps his opponents on their toes, as they never know if they'll have to deal with the psychotic Mankind, the suicidal Cactus Jack or the cool cat pacifist that is Dude Love.

Maybe Mick is Vern. and he is in Cactus Jack mode and has to spout some ECW references to survive or something?

FYI I voted for Desmond as he was the wolfiest person I could see. Nigel was trying to get lynched and it showed, I wasn't voting for him as a result

Same could be said of Desmond which is what gave me pause yesterday.

The OP :

1st there is the, There was no tasks, so don't bother looking for any.

Now, my teammate is under fire, what do i do, role claim on his behalf, what the worst that can happen, we get the real Mick to reveal.

The OP :

Good shout actually but im not sold on it yet. You reckon he has to change the way he posts or what he posts depending on what role he is in? Might go back through his posts one more time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Sweet jesus, what a series of events to catch-up on, great read folks.

Good on ya Nigel!

Amazing start for our WWF village, we have to keep this good fortune going but also bear in mind - Despite our luck in the munches, there are still 5 wolves to hunt.

Isla's role claim, I buy it for now. Rather than vote her out tonight, I think we should park that temporarily and try to sniff out a wolf instead.

Vernon's 'November to Remember' comment was a red flag for me, however there's nothing else which really sticks out as wolfy overall from his other comments.

It was more Vern's follow-up explanation post which concerned me - He simply could have went with something like "It's November, perfect time for that throwaway rhyme, cop on guys" rather than "Sure, I was testing you, that's exactly the kinda tasky stuff we should be on the lookout for!"

No, Vernon hasn't appeared overly suspicious outside of that, but isn't that the point of a wolf's method? Maybe he could have continued to have gone unnoticed but for being issued with a task to include an ECW PPV title in one of his posts?

I dunno, that's the most suspicious (new) thing for me now but I have more research to do.

Outside of that, Des' absence and the few posts he did make are hard to ignore.

There's two names. Some more I will be looking at will involve who jumped on Mary after Isla's accusation of her. Taking Isla's role claim as truth for now, what were other posters' reasons for jumping on Mary? I'll be looking at that because early bandwagons can be a giveaway for a wolf or 2.

Im only keeping an open mind, with a vague OP, nothing is a certainty.

Im very uneasy about Isla and Vern, But I cant piece it together yet.

Riona, you think Vern is just a clever wolf or an unfortunate soul who is trying too hard?

Also, going by the OP, 11 roled goodies, 5 roled baddies and other non stated goodies...... has everyone got a role of some sort?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it we me who spotted that bearly legal vid of Trish on day one. Fair chance that was task 1. I'm just trying to help and now you're all jumping on me.

Red Flag ahoy

That's another ECW PPV

Actually going off the post one team completed their task successfully.

Well done BG, good move.

That leads to draw this conclusion.

Mary is a wolf. I presented my evidence already, mention of a MITB match and a Randy Savage quote.

J'accuse!
    MITB?
    Mary WW wrote: »
    I never said 'match' in that post, and that seems to be a trigger word. It's a wrestling theme, the Randy Savage quote was flavour. But you're very quick to accuse. Compensating for anything? My, what big teeth you have, Isla...
    Phil WW wrote: »
    You seemed very defensive of the very limited amount of analysis that had been done pre-munch
    Mentioned once as a possibility yesterday. Mentioned again today as the best lead to go on, with not a lot of evidence. And yet you act as though you've been through the ringer at Guantanamo

I'm not saying your guilty, but you're sure acting like it

Matches are things that happen in wrestling, it seems way too vague to just mention the word as a trigger
    Lol, no

Okay Mary, I'll leave you be for now. Hopefully something more concrete pops up in the next few hours, but if not, you know where my vote is heading
    Mary WW wrote: »
    It feels like an on thread task would need some element to it that involved getting villagers to do something. Eg, try to elicit favour between the two divas fighting in the video posted, but only villager opinions counted? A little too obvious though. It would make the posting of the video a massive red flag. Similarly, it could be to get villagers to post the name of a famous action star. Or do a macho Man impression.

Christ, I'm starting to suspect myself.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    If it had to be before 11 today and I am looking for wrestling references the ones that jump out are The B&P match reference by Riona and Mary's match and wrestler catchphrase post. Then there was Isla talking to herself and mentioning a beast (at least the latter one could be a wrestling reference).

All that said I think the task was failed because of inactivity (just a guess though) so at this time I'm not too gone on anyone of those

These are the reactions in or around the time I accused Mary.

Phil, of the starting the bra and panty match discussion fame was quick to jump in. Not an accusation btw, just quoting what was said.

Red Flag ahoy

That's another ECW PPV

Not spelt right though. Still, it's definitely a red flag.

• Advertisement

Red Flag ahoy

That's another ECW PPV

Nice work, so are you putting distance between yourselves now?

Nice work, so are you putting distance between yourselves now?

Excuse me? You got something you wanna say boy?

Right so we have ECW PPVs mentioned and *sniggers* a tracker mortgage mention. Any other financial mentions that may implicate Jake?

We have to assume the two teams won't be doing the same task or they'd spot each other.

Red Flag ahoy

That's another ECW PPV

Does the Mick Foley role mean he could be good or bad?

Not completely directed at Vernon for the role just trying to work out if Mick is on team good.

Not completely directed at Vernon for the role just trying to work out if Mick is on team good.

If he's Mick Foley then he's team WWF. not sure what his personalities entail though.

Riona, you think Vern is just a clever wolf or an unfortunate soul who is trying too hard?

I was still mulling that over. If 'Vernon' is an experienced WW player and is a wolf, I would expect him to be far more subtle and even then if his task got noticed, offer a better defence in his follow-up post than the one he did.

But never mind that...
    Red Flag ahoy

That's another ECW PPV

Another ECW PPV namedrop in the same day?! My suspicions deepen.

Didn't the mods give us the number of votes last night? If we have that and the votes of active voters we should be able to work it out

This is suspicious. Three consecutive posts involving maths/numbers....

Possibly nothing but...?? What do others think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

He's listed as team WWF but with a multiple persona thing going on, maybe one of them personas is in ECW.

Right now Vernon with ECW PPV mentions and Des with nothing more postwise than a string of wrestler catchphrases are the obvious standouts. Still not fully gone on the narrative Isla is creating with regards her role which keeps getting more bits added to it either.

Excuse me? You got something you wanna say boy?

Dont call me boy you silly cow.

A few minutes ago you were saying Vernon was Mick.

• Advertisement

If he's Mick Foley then he's team WWF. not sure what his personalities entail though.

Id guess foley might be some sort of balancer role that at some point will be assigned to a team. He was wwe and has done hardcore. Not sure if hes been in all promotions though

What if Mick is a werid character on all 3 teams somehow?

WWE on Day 1, WCW on day 2 and ECW on Day 3

He was in all 3 promotions

Bollocks, they aren't consecutive. I missed one in the middle re: Gillberg. does have a mention of clock in it though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I’ve had no time at all for this so far guys. I’ll try and catch up and get more involved this evening

Isla wants me gone anyway by the sounds of things. I’m a NRV anyway if that makes any difference

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Not a chance, number is a generic enough term in this game when talking about votes and the likes and the tracker mortgage thing read as a joke.

You are pushing hard for Jake, why?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Not a chance, number is a generic enough term in this game when talking about votes and the likes and the tracker mortgage thing read as a joke.

You are pushing hard for Jake, why?

Jumping at shadows and looking for tasks. Just thought I'd point it out is all.

• Advertisement

I’m gonna read back over today. Somehow we’ve ended up with only 2 suspects. One posted phrases and disappeared. The other is posting phrases too.

Yesterday Nigel posted stuff to make himself look dodgy so we’d Lynch him. That was for the good of the village.

What if the other 2 are trying to get lynched too but the outcome is the opposite?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

What if Mick is a werid character on all 3 teams somehow?

WWE on Day 1, WCW on day 2 and ECW on Day 3

He was in all 3 promotions
    Unlikely, that would mean he'd know every member of every team by day 3

Thanks for posting all the posts relating to Mary from yesterday.

However, I think this math/number thing is a bit of a stretch. I would really hope that would not be set as a task in the game. It would get to the point of having to analyse every word posted, related to any subject, rather than look out for specific wrestling themes. There's no fun in that, and I really think the mods have set out a fun wrestling-related game here.

The PPV names, I think there could be something in that. The numbers thing, I'm not so sure.

You do realise I have no clue who anyone is for sure, im speculating. Im trying to figure things out, is there something wrong with that?

fwiw I had Vern down as good until today and his recent posts are going against what my gut told me. I trust my gut plenty and its not adding up. im trying to look through his posts to find anything that may be wolfy.

What are you doing?

All I can say is that Vern may be a clever wolf MAY,

If I was a wolf and told to pop in ECW references which appear so blatant, I may be reluctant to post them.

But with the wolves missing a lot of kills already, maybe it was a big gamble by Vern. I dunno.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

#Peekvote1 Derry.

Also the group's collective choice.

Please tell us the members of this group, obviously not the player names but the secret names so we can confirm. Unless I'm missing something there'd be no downside to this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement