Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Well, good night neighbours. Thanks for not killing me! Your the best!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Seriously?!

That is suss AF to be honest. I have offered a perfectly reasonable explanation, several times, as to why I made that first post. Funny that you are not only trying to pursue it regardless, but now lay down a "I supplied the data people, I'm not changing my vote btw" plea-of-sorts to follow you, with almost 2 hours to go until lynch time.

Follow Isla folks, if you want undo our good fortune this morning by lynching one of our own tonight.

For God sake, this is not the RIONA show. I never claimed to be the sole authority of the group, you have your own flippin' minds. As is proven when you went off and lynched a villager.
    Just looking back over the thread from this afternoon...

Out of the blue, when no one was quoting song lyrics, when no one was sure if there even was a task today. Also, at a time when Nigel was acting bizarre and making a semi-role claim and should have been raising flags with villagers. You're just there singing away and posting 'Friends in Low Places'.

Hmm.

Mistaken about whether you posted on Boards last night or not? Maybe you did post, but it was in a backroom and you made a mistake in revealing that. Then a half-arsed role claim. Definitely suspicious for me.

Could be just getting into the theme and sprit of the game, but the random catch-phrases (beyond Day 0) seem like something which could be a task for a munch. Not sure at the moment.

The 'tasks' lead is not the most solid for me though, I can't help but feel that we are getting lead on a wild-goose chase by devoting so much time to them. Sure, let's keep our eyes peeled for them and discuss it and be aware, but we must include other lines of inquiry. According to the OP, tasks only happen on 'certain' days, so therefore not everyday...

If it's any consolation, I'm not buying the hunt on you. If the reasoning on you is as 'solid' as Isla's is on me, well then I take comfort in knowing that you are a fellow villager and hope that you and I survive the chop tonight.

Something's fúcky folks, and there's quite a bit to be asked and answered post-lynch. Some of those questions I've already asked this evening, but have yet to be answered. For now though, those posters will live to fight another day in my book, and I'll be voting for Nigel tonight.

Funny how you decide to bring piles of 'evidence' to the table, at a time I'm not here to refute it - when I have been clearly stating ALL day I would be AFK from 7 onwards. It'll be the same tomorrow, if I'm still around.

To be honest Riona your badgering of Nigel this evening got him lynched, so maybe we should be taking a closer look through all your hysterics about one person singling out your very suspect first post.

I voted for you by the way, and more than likely will tomorrow.

As I said before, I've spent enough time arguing back and forth over these points, I'm moving on from it (but my vote isn't).

For the record, I guess

WWvote Riona

Steve WW wrote: »
    I suppose it will work well if we all have to state who we vote for at precisely 9pm tomorrow. The mods will only be telling us lynch form is closed at that time so we can know the result before they declare it.

Would that work?

Not for me, I'm otherwise engaged at 9pm. I will declare who I'm voting for before I leave though, if that helps.

To be honest, the summary could wildly differ depending on who writes it for you. I think there is at least one clear agenda at play so far.

I'm not going to do a summary, because I'm sure I missed stuff myself, but if you look back through my posts from today (there's only about 10) there's a summary of why I think there were wolves posting in-thread pre-munch this morning. The handful of names who were posting during that time this morning is in the same post.

In my posts from today, you'll also see me defending against why a few other posters think my very first post in this thread was suspicious. Have a look at that if you wish since it got a few people talking and I was on a few posters' FFAs.

Last point I'll make on this. There is no agenda. Simply suspicion. Your reaction to my accusation, and subsequent badgering of Nigel have only deepened my earlier opinions.

And for the record at 7pm, you were on a sum total of 2 FFAs. Mine and Angus's. If there were more after that I don't know, I'm going to compile the full list now in a few minutes.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Yeah this is very bad for the village as all wolves can vote together and not worry about being caught out.

Hmm, would've been handy to know that before we voted for that lynch. We'll have to announce who we're voting for on thread then. Although what will that even do?

Not liking the bolded part of Frank's above post. We have no knowledge of a shared comms room. Unless you're back there and you had a Freudian slip?

Has been known to happen before and be kept from the rest of the players... so... hmmm....

Who'd you vote for Frank? You were about when people were declaring their vote and suddenly decided to disappear.

• Advertisement

These are ALL the FFAs I could find. If I'm missing any let me know. (Tegan wanted their 1 selection for Nigel included so I have done so.

Player 1st Choice 2nd Choice 3rd Choice
    Barbara WW Desmond Liam Doris
    Isla WW Riona Mary Holly
    Phil WW Desmond Vernon Isla
    Angus WW Desmond Mary Riona
    Doris WW Mary Jake Nigel
    Jake WW Nigel Desmond Mary
    Mary WW Vernon Barbara Frank
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Orla WW Mary Nigel Jake
    Steve WW Barbara Phil Nigel

So Nigel would have ended up with 5. Mary also with 5. Desmond would have been our third candidate up for the chop.

Next are all the people who stated on thread who they voted for.

Player WWVote1
    Phil WW Desmond
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Jake WW Nigel
    Wendy WW Nigel
    Mary WW Nigel
    Orla WW Jake
    Riona WW Nigel
    Steve WW Nigel
    Gabriel WW Angus
    Isla WW Riona

Fairly conclusive, but not many people have stated their vote yet. 21 people left, remember.
    Most went from their FFAs but interestingly Orla and Mary voted for their number 3s. I know Mary said it was in self preservation, not sure if Orla commented on it.

Seeing as no one is about to play at this late hour I'll leave it at that and pick it up again in the morrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    For God sake, this is not the RIONA show. I never claimed to be the sole authority of the group, you have your own flippin' minds. As is proven when you went off and lynched a villager.

Funny how you decide to bring piles of 'evidence' to the table, at a time I'm not here to refute it - when I have been clearly stating ALL day I would be AFK from 7 onwards. It'll be the same tomorrow, if I'm still around.

To be honest Riona your badgering of Nigel this evening got him lynched, so maybe we should be taking a closer look through all your hysterics about one person singling out your very suspect first post.

I voted for you by the way, and more than likely will tomorrow.

As I said before, I've spent enough time arguing back and forth over these points, I'm moving on from it (but my vote isn't).

For the record, I guess

WWvote Riona

Likewise, this isn't the Isla show. You know exactly what you were doing when you posted the complied FFAs and then made the follow-up post I quoted.

I'm supposed to make sure I'm around to present my evidence when the time suits you? Seriously? At first you're complaining that I didn't get here with my notes quick enough, then when I do, it's too late?? :pac: As I said, this is not the Isla show.

You are getting very worked up here with a bit of suspicion being shone upon you. You should calm down a bit. Seems that Mary befell a similar fate earlier - don't question Isla or there will be some trumped up charges sent your way.

You decided to vote for me two hours before the first lynch - ok I see now that you were away and had to vote early (I didn't know what 'afk' meant, I thought it was a typo) but you are saying now that you will vote for me in the next lynch, 20 hours from now? That's very narrow minded, just because I posted a video related to a topic which was already been discussed in-thread. Very suspicious that you want to pursue this despite a decent explanation been offered multiple times. It's like you're quite happy to keep us trawling over much-repeated ground.

You haven't even explained to me how I would have known the previous posters would have brought that subject up - As I asked earlier, is one of them my fellow wolf or can I bend people to my will?

As for Nigel, are you honestly saying he wasn't suspicious to you? I make no apologies about how that went with him, he did nothing but distract the village yesterday right up until lynch time. Even other posters said that they don't regret voting him out despite finding out he was a villager.

So, you have done nothing to address the points I made against you in all of your toy tossing there - like your random posting of song lyrics and a video of 'Friends in Low Places' yesterday afternoon. Does that not seem a bit tasky to you? Posting the 'Let the Bodies Hit the Floor' video 40 minutes before the munch?

Forget addressing any of that. All you seem concerned with here is building some heat against me. I wasn't the one who brought Bra + Panties up, yet you're saying I'm the one who should be pursued for it. Nigel was acting insane throughout Day 1 and other posters had already raised the points earlier on that I repeated, yet you're saying I'm the one who should be pursued for it.

If you're really for the village, you're very far off the beaten path here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Im not voting for Nigel tonight.
    I'm not voting for Desmond tonight.
    I'm not voting for either Desmond or Frank tonight.

Beat that! :P

I’d like to come back to these posts. I think they were odd and against the run of the thread.

Barbara, Gertrude and Isla - care to explain the rationale behind your posts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Well I'm popping off to bed now but I voted for Nigel. The confusion over posting yesterday was too suspicious to me.

Just for Isla who is clearly a bit tired this morning. I was the first person to state who i voted for dearie.

Also in reference to my post that you've highlighted (cant figure out how to multiquote on phone) I simply meant that there would be a block of 3 and a block of 2. I didnt mean all 5 wolves together. You're jumping to conclusions a bit quickly here but sorry if i was unclear.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

These are ALL the FFAs I could find. If I'm missing any let me know. (Tegan wanted their 1 selection for Nigel included so I have done so.

Isla WW Riona Mary Holly
    Doris WW Mary Jake Nigel
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Orla WW Mary Nigel Jake

So Nigel would have ended up with 5. Mary also with 5. Desmond would have been our third candidate up for the chop.

Player WWVote1
    Phil WW Desmond
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Jake WW Nigel
    Wendy WW Nigel
    Mary WW Nigel
    Orla WW Jake
    Riona WW Nigel
    Steve WW Nigel
    Gabriel WW Angus
    Isla WW Riona

Fairly conclusive, but not many people have stated their vote yet. 21 people left, remember.
    Most went from their FFAs but interestingly Orla and Mary voted for their number 3s. I know Mary said it was in self preservation, not sure if Orla commented on it.

Seeing as no one is about to play at this late hour I'll leave it at that and pick it up again in the morrow.

I think Doris and Orla are the only ones who ffa"d and didnt tell who they voted for

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Morning everyone

I thought picking an precise time for us all to declare our vote would leave the wolves with nowhere to hide but I get that we may not all be here at the same time.

It’s a balls not knowing the results. Would having a longer window for declaring not leave us open to bandwagon jumping again?

Jake WW wrote: »
    I think Doris and Orla are the only ones who ffa"d and didnt tell who they voted for

Sorry Barbara, not Orla. Doris i think had said theyd be away post munch, Barbara might have had something similar.

Just for Isla who is clearly a bit tired this morning. I was the first person to state who i voted for dearie.

Also in reference to my post that you've highlighted (cant figure out how to multiquote on phone) I simply meant that there would be a block of 3 and a block of 2. I didnt mean all 5 wolves together. You're jumping to conclusions a bit quickly here but sorry if i was unclear.

Just on that. If we go with last nights plan do we not give the wolves an opening to 5 vote together? Not really sure what to do about it though (we might be able to pick it up by analysing how the vote progresses through the day I guess)

One other thing. Gillberg dying triggered something apparently. Given Gillberg was with us might that be a beneficial role? (Although i think Gillbergs claim to fame was the longest losing streak in history or something like that :( )

Just on that. If we go with last nights plan do we not give the wolves an opening to 5 vote together? Not really sure what to do about it though (we might be able to pick it up by analysing how the vote progresses through the day I guess)

Actually, priest becomes important here i think. Would need to coordinate with the seer a little but it could be done.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Sorry Barbara, not Orla. Doris i think had said theyd be away post munch, Barbara might have had something similar.

Id be more concerned with the large volume of people who didnt FFA at all or reveal who they voted for. Can anyone do a post count thing? Im on mobile

Starting to think there might be a few low poster wolves or at least ones that arent engaging.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

just reading back now but from what I've read I should probably post

WWVote1 Desmond

voted early so it was just like my FFA

Riona WW wrote:
    So, you have done nothing to address the points I made against you in all of your toy tossing there - like your random posting of song lyrics and a video of 'Friends in Low Places' yesterday afternoon. Does that not seem a bit tasky to you? Posting the 'Let the Bodies Hit the Floor' video 40 minutes before the munch?

No worries. Simples really, I posted them cos I felt like it, no other explanation tbh.

Sweet Jesus if you put as much effort into sleuthing as you did into your empassioned self defense we'd be in a great position :pac:

Wasn't gone on voting for Nigel. If we drop the handbags for a few minutes it might be worth having a look at his suspicions prior to him acting weird (claiming he did post Sunday when he hadn't for one)

His first post was to call Tegan a wolf. I think it was either Angus or Barbara to back him up. He was suss of Barbara too I think.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Isla WW 98
    Phil WW 40
    Nigel WW 39
    Barbara WW 37
    Angus WW 35
    Steve WW 31
    Jake WW 29
    Orla WW 27
    Mary WW 23
    Riona WW 21
    Doris WW 20
    Gertrude WW 19
    beakerjoe 14
    Wendy WW 14
    Tegan WW 12
    Gabriel WW 12
    Frank WW 12
    Lord TSC 11
    Holly WW 9
    Derry WW 8
    Vernon WW 7
    Desmond WW 4
    Abigail WW 3
    Liam WW

Isla WW Riona Mary Holly
    Doris WW Mary Jake Nigel
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Orla WW Mary Nigel Jake

Player WWVote1
    Phil WW Desmond
    Tegan WW Nigel
    Jake WW Nigel
    Wendy WW Nigel
    Mary WW Nigel
    Orla WW Jake
    Riona WW Nigel
    Steve WW Nigel
    Gabriel WW Angus
    Isla WW Riona

Just to respond to this, here is link to my FFA https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057813492/35/#post105395500

I didnt list them 1-3, just listed them as i wasnt sold on who i would vote for. Jake felt Wolfy as i was looking in posts pre 11 yesterday, however looking at this morning it seems to be he's just more of a morning poster.

• Advertisement

Never thought Nigel was a wolf but recognised the odd posting style and tbh I could see this Village being distracted by it going forward but Desmond is another Nigel. Either a wolf or a distraction.

My guess is that now Goldberg (whoever he is) can now do something. Vague I know but we should watch out for anything Goldberg or WCW being posted.

Also I am a little weary of posters who pop on thread point fingers but are not in the list of people who put in FFAs or say who voted (people like Holly off the top of my head) but the longer the game goes on and the more some people are online the less such actions will look suspicious.

About 10 posters who gave no FFA and a little more than that not posting their vote.

Orla WW wrote: »
    About 10 posters who gave no FFA and a little more than that not posting their vote.

I'll go back through it in a minute, but this is probably where we focus today at least. Ignore myself and Riona battering each other with our handbags!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Just read back fully. #WWVote1 Nigel.

I'm hoping that Gillberg provides something good to the village given the posts from the OPs. Although as Angus said maybe Gillberg was linked to Goldberg somehow.

On the announcing the vote bit, it will be tricky to coordinate but I like it as a plan. Even if we can't all post at the same time, there will be sort of a forced honesty in it. If our votes don't tally with who dies we might get a clue as to who is a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    On the announcing the vote bit, it will be tricky to coordinate but I like it as a plan. Even if we can't all post at the same time, there will be sort of a forced honesty in it. If our votes don't tally with who dies we might get a clue as to who is a wolf.

not at all tbh

Vernon WW wrote: »
    not at all tbh

Why not Vernon?

Let's say 6 say they are voting one way, 4 another and the rest are 1s or 2s. Then the person who had 4 'votes' gets lynched we could reasonably suspect that something is up. We might be able to find where one person was lying, maybe.

Any extra info people have to give like that is better than not as it makes potential wolves post more and potentially do more to reveal themselves as a result. Making it something that isn't tedious so nobody really has a reason not to do it is the trick. The vote thing probably won't catch out someone playing smart but people have lapses when they are asked to explain themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Morning all, sorry rl got in the way last night, I just caught up now.

#WWVote1 Jake

Was kind of a throwaway vote from me last night, I was in a hurry and just picked one from my ffa

I think declaring who we voted for is a great idea, people can still lie but its the best option we have.

Lets not forget, one of our roled goodies could have a the power to see the votes.

• Advertisement

As for the trigger we set off by lynching Gillberg... WCW may have two kills this morning.

Advertisement