Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

What if Mick is a werid character on all 3 teams somehow?

WWE on Day 1, WCW on day 2 and ECW on Day 3

He was in all 3 promotions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    This is suspicious. Three consecutive posts involving maths/numbers....

Possibly nothing but...?? What do others think

Bollocks, they aren't consecutive. I missed one in the middle re: Gillberg. does have a mention of clock in it though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I’ve had no time at all for this so far guys. I’ll try and catch up and get more involved this evening

Isla wants me gone anyway by the sounds of things. I’m a NRV anyway if that makes any difference

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Not a chance, number is a generic enough term in this game when talking about votes and the likes and the tracker mortgage thing read as a joke.

You are pushing hard for Jake, why?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Not a chance, number is a generic enough term in this game when talking about votes and the likes and the tracker mortgage thing read as a joke.

You are pushing hard for Jake, why?

Jumping at shadows and looking for tasks. Just thought I'd point it out is all.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I’m gonna read back over today. Somehow we’ve ended up with only 2 suspects. One posted phrases and disappeared. The other is posting phrases too.

Yesterday Nigel posted stuff to make himself look dodgy so we’d Lynch him. That was for the good of the village.

What if the other 2 are trying to get lynched too but the outcome is the opposite?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    What if Mick is a werid character on all 3 teams somehow?

WWE on Day 1, WCW on day 2 and ECW on Day 3

He was in all 3 promotions
    Unlikely, that would mean he'd know every member of every team by day 3

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Thanks for posting all the posts relating to Mary from yesterday.

However, I think this math/number thing is a bit of a stretch. I would really hope that would not be set as a task in the game. It would get to the point of having to analyse every word posted, related to any subject, rather than look out for specific wrestling themes. There's no fun in that, and I really think the mods have set out a fun wrestling-related game here.

The PPV names, I think there could be something in that. The numbers thing, I'm not so sure.

You do realise I have no clue who anyone is for sure, im speculating. Im trying to figure things out, is there something wrong with that?

fwiw I had Vern down as good until today and his recent posts are going against what my gut told me. I trust my gut plenty and its not adding up. im trying to look through his posts to find anything that may be wolfy.

What are you doing?

All I can say is that Vern may be a clever wolf MAY,

If I was a wolf and told to pop in ECW references which appear so blatant, I may be reluctant to post them.

But with the wolves missing a lot of kills already, maybe it was a big gamble by Vern. I dunno.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

#Peekvote1 Derry.

Also the group's collective choice.

Please tell us the members of this group, obviously not the player names but the secret names so we can confirm. Unless I'm missing something there'd be no downside to this.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Thanks for posting all the posts relating to Mary from yesterday.

However, I think this math/number thing is a bit of a stretch. I would really hope that would not be set as a task in the game. It would get to the point of having to analyse every word posted, related to any subject, rather than look out for specific wrestling themes. There's no fun in that, and I really think the mods have set out a fun wrestling-related game here.

The PPV names, I think there could be something in that. The numbers thing, I'm not so sure.

Agreed, it's a big stretch and probably nothing. The PPVs make me nervous but I'm inclined to agree with Steve, what if it's a task to get lynched and earn an extra kill... or worse, a recruitment?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Unlikely, that would mean he'd know every member of every team by day 3

I know its unlikely, but look at the Gillberg role, its not that far outthere is it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Guys, thoses red flags were put in on porpose to see if they would be spoted, i realise now it was a bad idea. I'm not doing a task and I'm not Mick Foley.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Please tell us the members of this group, obviously not the player names but the secret names so we can confirm. Unless I'm missing something there'd be no downside to this.

Group says no. Soz. Shawn Michaels is one anyways if that helps. ;)

You do realise I have no clue who anyone is for sure, im speculating. Im trying to figure things out, is there something wrong with that?

fwiw I had Vern down as good until today and his recent posts are going against what my gut told me. I trust my gut plenty and its not adding up. im trying to look through his posts to find anything that may be wolfy.

What are you doing?

All I can say is that Vern may be a clever wolf MAY,

If I was a wolf and told to pop in ECW references which appear so blatant, I may be reluctant to post them.

But with the wolves missing a lot of kills already, maybe it was a big gamble by Vern. I dunno.

It's this game. It makes you not trust anyone. :pac::pac::pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Dont call me boy you silly cow.

A few minutes ago you were saying Vernon was Mick.

Lol, is Gertrude not a cows name?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Group says no. Soz. Shawn Michaels is one anyways if that helps. ;)

Tell this supossed group that if we don't get something more 'WE' will collectively be asking for Isla to take one for the team tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    There's two names. Some more I will be looking at will involve who jumped on Mary after Isla's accusation of her. Taking Isla's role claim as truth for now, what were other posters' reasons for jumping on Mary? I'll be looking at that because early bandwagons can be a giveaway for a wolf or 2.

In fairness, I made it easy. I got very defensive very quickly, threw around terms I'd heard but didn't fully understand and started pushing back as hard as I could.

Look, cards on the table, I'm one of the new guys. I had no idea how deep the scrutiny of every little thing I did would go or how much pressure you can feel from what is at the end of the day a parlour game, and frankly I went a bit loopy coming up on the lynch yesterday, in a manner that makes it very clear which of the two newbies I am :D

Doesn't exonerate anyone who joined in, but like I said, I made it easy for anyone - wolf or villager - to pile on, and I'd look for at least a backup reason for lynching someone rather than just this.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Guys, thoses red flags were put in on porpose to see if they would be spoted, i realise now it was a bad idea. I'm not doing a task and I'm not Mick Foley.

To serve what benefit?

Tell this supossed group that if we don't get something more 'WE' will collectively be asking for Isla to take one for the team tomorrow.

Gotcha.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

You said this earlier, but a few have since pointed out that it is all still a bit suspicious. And out of character for someone who did not seem to be a wolf up until that.

Sort of like someone being caught shoplifting who didn't previously appear to be the type to do so, say Winona Ryder, it'd be like them saying "I was only trying to help you guys improve your store security and spot genuine robbers...not me LOL"

I think we should be looking in all corners for wolves and not getting too focused on just the one thing, but it's not a surprise that this has raised suspicions.

Can we also not forget Holly and Gabriel also exist just because they're silent?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Welcome to the wonderful world of werewolf, Mary.

Paranoia personified ;)

Listen Daisy, do you think we need a villager dead?

Im not on board with this.

If Hes HBK, Shawn Michaels, why does he need to take one for the team?

He said he can just not accuse Bret, accuse whom he already accused according to his own words.

No other Shawn has come forward to challenge him either.

Why does he have to die?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    In fairness, I made it easy. I got very defensive very quickly, threw around terms I'd heard but didn't fully understand and started pushing back as hard as I could.

Look, cards on the table, I'm one of the new guys. I had no idea how deep the scrutiny of every little thing I did would go or how much pressure you can feel from what is at the end of the day a parlour game, and frankly I went a bit loopy coming up on the lynch yesterday, in a manner that makes it very clear which of the two newbies I am :D

Doesn't exonerate anyone who joined in, but like I said, I made it easy for anyone - wolf or villager - to pile on, and I'd look for at least a backup reason for lynching someone rather than just this.
    I'd be inclined to believe you, tbh. My suspicion was based more on your reaction than what you had actually posted, because I know it was a follow-up to my equally innocent comment

I think there are more suspicious people at play, being Vernon and Desmond

I want to believe Isla as well. Want to

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I'm not doing a task and I'm not Mick Foley.
    Of course you're not.
    You're Cactus Jack!
    And yesterday you were Dude Love.
    So presumably tomorrow you'll be Mankind?
    But do you get to be Mick Foley if you get yourself lynched as the suicidal character? (I think he was commissioner for a while as MF, but also wrestled in some hardcore show with the same name, so that could mean Vince losing his Seer status or MF turning wolf?)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ah come on even you must know how weak of an excuse that is. I did those things that make me look like a wolf on purpose.

I'm sorry dude but I'm voting you bar a miracle revelation.

Listen Daisy, do you think we need a villager dead?

Im not on board with this.

If Hes HBK, Shawn Michaels, why does he need to take one for the team?

He said he can just not accuse Bret, accuse whom he already accused according to his own words.

No other Shawn has come forward to challenge him either.

Why does he have to die?

You don't care if you are bored!

As long as the correct people get the message nobody will have to die.

okay, i'll expand....
    Tegan offered good advise that was shot down. I don't like that it was shot down. It loses our trust that such a collective exists at all, which is not good for the collective if it is a village collective.

You don't care if you are bored!

As long as the correct people get the message nobody will have to die.

okay, i'll expand....
    Tegan offered good advise that was shot down. I don't like that it was shot down. It loses our trust that such a collective exists at all, which is not good for the collective if it is a village collective.

Have you considered it may not be good advice if players can be linked back to me.

We have to be careful. The identity of one of us other than me should be obvious. Not saying any more than that.

• Advertisement

Have you considered it may not be good advice if players can be linked back to me.

We have to be careful. The identity of one of us other than me should be obvious. Not saying any more than that.

We all are using storm names here, nobody except you has revealed wrestling names.
    There are no links of wrestling names to storm names, thats the point of an anon game.

so, you giving wrestling names, means that if you are full of pork pies you can be called on it.

If there is downside, explain it, as it is not obvious.

Advertisement