Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Stone Cold was in movies.
    Hulk Hogan was in movies.
    Roddy Piper was in the best movie of all time.
    The Rock was in movies.
    The Rock *is* a movie.
    Nic Cage is in that film.
    A Cage houses a wild animal.
    Wolves are wild animals. IT'S A WOLF!

Hence my Beautiful Mind commment. Spoiler if you haven't seen it yet. But dude, it's what, 15 years old?
    i.e. I'm seeing connections in everything, but instead of being an elite codebreaker I'm probably in a shed somewhere looking at posts from Boards stuck to the wall with my own faeces

Not all of us were torn to shreds in other universes for speaking in analogies, references and idioms. Some of us may need to learn the hard way :D

Well you are certainly choosing the hard road with a post like that!! :rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I accept my impending death with open arms. Faith in the group and faith in the village. We are in a good position.

Team WCW, Team ECW... you can both

tenor.gif?itemid=5481585

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Multiple wrestlers, mentions of wolves and the bolded piece above screams wolf to me, you were on thin ice from day 1 and then post this?

I was on thin ice from day one due to requirements of another character to keep themselves alive, as Isla has already explained.
    But a lot of people seem very keen on keeping that ice as thin as possible, 'cause you never know when you might need just one or two villager votes to bolster a 5 dog pile on coming up to the lynch.

There's nothing I can see in my post that points to any other poster, other than quoting the person I'm answering for context. The Torn Apart comment is at least paraphrasing if not a direct quote of something at least one other person has said in reference to previous games and as I said before I'm one of the two new guys.

I am painfully aware that the more I defend myself the more guilty I look. **** it. I'm unlikely to get chomped, I've proven to be easily manipulated and undependable come lynch time, and I don't think I've spotted any wolvishness anyone else has missed. If I'm going to die 'cause I like movie references then so be it.
    Show me the money!
    I'm an excellent driver! (Two tom cruise movies in a row!)
    Put on the damn sunglasses (there's a wrestling reference there, look it up)!
    Are you cool (vague tangential wolf reference!)?
    The is no ****ing coke!
    Killer clowns from outer space eh? Well Holy ****!

That'll keep the village busy while the wolves eat us all. Hurray!
    Now stop distracting. There's a chomp coming and presumably we have an angel / bodyguard who has a decision to make.
    (A/BG : Don't pick me, I'm a villager, but I'm not a valuable villager and I have no solid leads to protect)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I remember in another promotion where a player safelisted a few players whom were wolves and the same player gpt the most impirtant village player killed.

Lets not listen to tegens list even if hes a goodie

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I was on thin ice from day one due to requirements of another character to keep themselves alive, as Isla has already explained.
    But a lot of people seem very keen on keeping that ice as thin as possible, 'cause you never know when you might need just one or two villager votes to bolster a 5 dog pile on coming up to the lynch.

There's nothing I can see in my post that points to any other poster, other than quoting the person I'm answering for context. The Torn Apart comment is at least paraphrasing if not a direct quote of something at least one other person has said in reference to previous games and as I said before I'm one of the two new guys.

I am painfully aware that the more I defend myself the more guilty I look. **** it. I'm unlikely to get chomped, I've proven to be easily manipulated and undependable come lynch time, and I don't think I've spotted any wolvishness anyone else has missed. If I'm going to die 'cause I like movie references then so be it.
    Show me the money!
    I'm an excellent driver! (Two tom cruise movies in a row!)
    Put on the damn sunglasses (there's a wrestling reference there, look it up)!
    Are you cool (vague tangential wolf reference!)?
    The is no ****ing coke!
    Killer clowns from outer space eh? Well Holy ****!

That'll keep the village busy while the wolves eat us all. Hurray!
    Now stop distracting. There's a chomp coming and presumably we have an angel / bodyguard who has a decision to make.
    (A/BG : Don't pick me, I'm a villager, but I'm not a valuable villager and I have no solid leads to protect)

You've admitted yourself you don't make it easy for others, being easily manipulated also doesnt really help team village and could cause problems even if you are a wolf. I suggest you think for yourself and follow your gut rather than being manipulated

tumblr_o9rxrcSHnk1s945j7o1_400.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    tumblr_o9rxrcSHnk1s945j7o1_400.gif

Haha let them all out, you've been very reserved :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I remember in another promotion where a player safelisted a few players whom were wolves and the same player gpt the most impirtant village player killed.

Lets not listen to tegens list even if hes a goodie

Less of the talk of previous promotions Barbie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Isla could I just ask why you are certain you are going to be munched?

• Advertisement

I got a new hairstyle

a3e688d78001ac108270a8c3b3f6b60867440fff_hq.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

The wolves must not like change

FrailWarlikeKatydid-max-1mb.gif

4DAwM_.gif

Ok folks I’m just gonna come right out and say this: I’m Kurt Angle.
    I feel now is the best time to come out as there’s no heat on me, I don’t think I’m in danger of being munched (I hope) and I think I’d be more use to the village as a villager than as Kurt.

As far as I know the only thing I’m good for is that I’m immune to one shot from the vigilante. That doesn’t really do much for me though. I can’t see how I can be of use to the village unless there’s some secret hidden bit of my role that I haven’t been told. So I figure I’m better as a target than anything else.
    We are severely crippled in this game by not being able to see the lynch votes or get the roles of the dead so I think a core village group of myself and Isla (who I do believe and I hope is protected tonight) could be at least something the village can work with.

Unfortunately, I think the wolves are playing a very good game as I’ve not got really any firm suspicions about anyone. I really do need to keep notes or something coz I am totally lost. These are my suspicions for now:
    -the Phil vs Tegan thing last night seemed very contrived to me. Having an on thread spat to hide their wolfy alliance?

-Derry’s amnesia about her vote last night is striking me as very odd.

-Gertrude is also giving me red flags from yesterday where she was jumping on the idea of everyone voting for one person in the FFA.

-Mary’s original post about the match and including the Randy Savage quote still doesn’t sit right with me but she’s been ok since then I think.

-Barbara’s mess up about the on-thread/off-thread tasks at the start also raised some red flags but I haven’t been paying attention to her since then (sorry babs) so I’ve no more evidence there.

There’s no way to prove that I’m who I say I am without either a seer peek or the vigilante wasting a bullet on me. I can’t talk to anyone else, I can’t protect anyone, I’m just an All American guy trying his best and looking amazing while doing it.
    Angle out
    kurt-4.jpg

Last thoughts....

Riona is not to be trusted. No proper FFA in 2 days. Plenty of 'questioning' without questioning.

Needs to be investigated.

Derry and Doris are suss too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Another unnecessary role reveal... We didnt need people to come out yet.

Unless they are all fake claims.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was night fall in the WWE Arena and one superstar named Gertrude was in his changing room doing his best to make sense of everything. But as he was doing some fine detective work, 2 figures appeared behind him. The superstar fought hard trying to defend themselves from the assault, but the numbers game soon became too much for the plucky fighter.

As he lay on the floor with blood oozing from his skull, Gertrude looked up at his attackers. One then placed a steel chair in the face of their fallen victim while the other used all his power to kick said chair into Gertrude's broken face.

Gertrude was broken as his attackers walked away, with one so proud they decided to say their name aloud
    Gertrude WW was eliminated!

So ECW won the task.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Another unnecessary role reveal... We didnt need people to come out yet.

Unless they are all fake claims.

Did you even read the post? I KNOW it's unnecessary, that's why I'm doing it now.

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    I KNOW it's unnecessary, that's why I'm doing it now.

You know it's unnecessary so that's why you're doing it... cause that makes sense...

So ECW won the task.

Yep and two of them still there, so RVD wasn't killed.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Yep and two of them still there, so RVD wasn't killed.

OR... Vernon completed the task, and the wolf cub was activated. It said from any WWF attacks in the OP, so I have to assume that means a Stone Cold assault.

OR... Vernon completed the task, and the wolf cub was activated. It said from any WWF attacks in the OP, so I have to assume that means a Stone Cold assault.

As well as a lynch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lynch forum now open.

Oh thats a very good point.

Ok so far.... :P

We have three uncontested role claims in the open.

I've claimed HBK (still have to accuse someone today)

Frank has claimed Kurt Angle

Liam claimed NRV yesterday.... Not sure if there are NRVs in WWErewolf but it's standard villager talk.

It would be silly of me to not believe Frank unless there is a counter claim. I'll pop Liam into that bank for now as well.

Not suggesting we lead the village, but it's a starting point for a village core which we need in this game. I also have knowledge of others and can communicate their wishes via myself.

So.... what next peeps?

I thought RVD was immune to "clean" takedowns, and there's nothing clean about that stone cold stunner description

So Gertie and Tegan seemed awful pally last night, Tegan made the list, Gertie backed it up, Gertie is dead - so we should assume that this was an attempt to enshrine the Safe List cause there's at least one wolf on it?

What's an NRV and what's a Peek Vote?

• Advertisement

What's an NRV and what's a Peek Vote?

NRV - Non Roled Villager

Peek Vote - A vote for who you want the seer to peek to see if they're naughty or nice.

Advertisement