Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XX - WWE: The Monday Night Wars

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

if it smells like a wolf and it looks like a wolf.... maybe Mary just needs a shower and a haircut?

Look, I'm in a bind. I went a bit bananas early on. If I keep it up, I'm a wolf. If I dial it back, I'm a wolf. If I stop talking, I'm a wolf. If I say more than 3 words in the same order as someone else in the history of broadcast media, boom! Wolf. If I say "**** it, lynch me" I'm a wolf. If I say "Please keep me alive" I'm a wolf. I've just said Wolf 6 times (7 if you include this sentence, 8 if you include the next bit) so I'm a wolf. There's not a lot I can do at this stage that will remove me from suspicion. And everything I do will heighten your suspicion. And that kind of makes me want to go ****ing berserk. Maybe I'm a new guy. Maybe I invented this game. Maybe I'm actually a vampire and I'm upstairs in your house right now waiting for you to clean your teeth (because you won't see me in the mirror). I don't think it matters any more. yes I know how suss that sounds, even I'm not that naive. But I have to keep thinking aloud or you'll wonder why I'm spooked. Like I said. A bind.

To save analysis time :
    Number of wrestling references : 0
    Number of times saying the W word : 8
    Number of WCW/ECW PPV events mentioned : 0
    Numbers mentioned : 0,3,6,7,8 (including this section)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Mary since this game has begun youve acted like you've been top of everyones FAAs but you haven't really been (maybe 1 or 2). Not saying your a wolf or anything but I think your being overly defensive and drawing attention to yourself there

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I'm *what*???
    I think I better go back and read a couple of my posts. I wasn't paying that much attention when I was writing them :D

Here’s some for ya
    That's incorrect. The wolves onlyknow their own pack. So we can only trust ourselves I guess. And Nigel....
    Well, there's no victory conditions section on the first post but there are 3 teams, and the 2 wolf teams compete for the munch every 2nd day. Stands to reason we're all competing for the win, and they don't know eachother.
    Stone Cold was the killer, his description was the vigilante early in the thread, I thought.

Vernon's behaviour was inconsistent across days, my post was in response to him denying being Mick Foley, figured MF would have a mercurial kind of role in this game as he did in the wwe, so thought I'd take a pop at him.

Like I said, you’re quite astute.
    In a game where normalcy or the appearance there-of is paramount, I was always going to struggle.

On the bright side, as a villager I'm contributing little and causing a lot of confusion close to lynch so I reckon that makes me safe from the Munch cause I'm a smokescreen for subtle manipulation and an easy free kill when the lynch rolls around. I'll try to vote early and shut my damned mouth tomorrow.

As a villager you’re causing confusion but as a wolf you’re getting your message across.

I know this isn't what I said earlier but I panicked and changed my mind when it looked like I was for the chop.

Wwvote1 nigel

That’s 2 lynches in a row where you’ve jumped off voting for Barbara at the last minute. It was Barbara wasn’t it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So Mary's gone mad, but it's unlikely that Team WWF would have two people to give us a positive outcome for being lynched. Wolf then :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

if it smells like a wolf and it looks like a wolf.... maybe Mary just needs a shower and a haircut?

Look, I'm in a bind. I went a bit bananas early on. If I keep it up, I'm a wolf. If I dial it back, I'm a wolf. If I stop talking, I'm a wolf. If I say more than 3 words in the same order as someone else in the history of broadcast media, boom! Wolf. If I say "**** it, lynch me" I'm a wolf. If I say "Please keep me alive" I'm a wolf. I've just said Wolf 6 times (7 if you include this sentence, 8 if you include the next bit) so I'm a wolf. There's not a lot I can do at this stage that will remove me from suspicion. And everything I do will heighten your suspicion. And that kind of makes me want to go ****ing berserk. Maybe I'm a new guy. Maybe I invented this game. Maybe I'm actually a vampire and I'm upstairs in your house right now waiting for you to clean your teeth (because you won't see me in the mirror). I don't think it matters any more. yes I know how suss that sounds, even I'm not that naive. But I have to keep thinking aloud or you'll wonder why I'm spooked. Like I said. A bind.

To save analysis time :

Welcome to Werewolf baby. The cause of random mutterings in public, head shakes and extreme paranoia. You'll never look at your fellow boardies the same way again!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I feel like more clues are being given for Wolves to judge who is a better target than for us villagers to suss them out.

I'll admit Tegan has shot up my list due to the weird business with the msg claim being denied. After her im guessing when I say people like Riona and Holly cos they aren't here as much as others who make themselves stand out.

I feel like it's important to quote this as Tegan, Riona and Holly should certainly be looked at more closely.

Okay here we go;

#FFA

Mary - Acts new, but is certainly playing the game. Wolf.

Tegan - Sent mystery messages which no one got. Possible wolf.

Riona - Isla has her pegged and rightly so.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

To save analysis time :

I know I posted this earlier but your last line had me thinking of it again

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Okay official FFA:

1. Tegan - mystery messages and quiet apart from that oddness
    2. Mary - Very defensive when questioned about certain things, more than expected
    3. Riona - toss up with Holly but 3rd could go to a few people, not active enough to be sure but could be wolfie

I feel this vote could swing a lot if someone else starts acting odd though so should add i'll probably be voting early

I kinda want to keep Mary as her posts make me laugh.

Put 3 beside your #ffa or Isla may go on strike again.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Put 3 beside your #ffa or Isla may go on strike again.

Tis alright, I have it noted :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I kinda want to keep Mary as her posts make me laugh.

I kinda don't incase she devours the entire village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Not sold on Tegen being a wolf. I hate his safe list post, but im not seeing him as a wolf.

Isla or wendy may not be wolves either, but I cant shake the idea that pne may be bad now. Dont like the timing of her reveal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im having fun, I hope you guys are having fun too

jim-ross-dancing-wwe-raw-o.gif

That’s 2 lynches in a row where you’ve jumped off voting for Barbara at the last minute. It was Barbara wasn’t it?

Definitely Barbara day 2. Switched because both Tegan and Gertrude went Barbara very close to cut-off, after being all pally about the Safe List all evening, which struck me as a bad sign. Can't remember Day 1 but I did post it whatever it was. I think it was barbara too, I didn't like the way she was pushing me to engage in all out war with Isla, but I panicked and switched to Nigel as we were both topping FFAs.

The sad thing is that when the game is over, I'll still be posting like this :( It's not an act. I repeat, I am not posting this way because the game dictates that I do it as part of a role or mechanic. I am simply not coping well and the best way to deal with it is to splurge it on the page.

I'm surprised to find that Steve sees basic literacy as "astute". We all got the same first post buddy.

You have no idea how many times in the writing of this reply I've had to delete a one-liner because it might be seen as a film or wrestling or song reference. How do you people live like this???

So, my current FFA is :
    #FFA3
    Barbara - because it's traditional.
    Derry - because of the deferrals and general ****-stirring.
    Frank - I was going to say Riona, because she opened with a Steve Austin quote on Day 0 and has been inconsistent since, but it's funny, you're being very helpful and non-judgemental towards me. I've read my posts. That shouldn't be happening :D

Wendy, I feel you're on the level. I had a bad feeling about you last night, reviewed your posts and then the Brett Hart thing tallies with what had me worried. Isla, well at this point if you go who's going to keep the thread busy? There are a couple of names at the bottom of the list, they need to go soon or it'll be like the end of the Apprentice where suddenly the show is about 4 people you haven't seen for the last 12 weeks. But for now, I'm focused on the above. I'm thinking I'll vote barbara, then change my mind again in response to pressures at about 8:30pm. That cool?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    And we don't know if you voted for him or not. So if you're not a wolf, who's on your radar?

We don't know who voted who, not just me.

#FFA3

Tegan - The safe list and this talk of sending messages

Mary - Says she is a noob but doesn't look like that imo.

Derry - the whole forgot who he voted for then suddenly remembered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    My whole problem with the safelist was that you were criticising those who were using the same logic (blindly guessing) to name suspects

No I was critisicising those who accuse people in a retalatory manner.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    No I was critisicising those who accuse people in a retalatory manner.

fair enough so. Either way you are on my list:

#FFA3

1) Tegan - for reasons previously noted

2) Derry - really dont buy the voting story from last night

3) Riona - following Isla logic on this one

Are we gonna run the FFA tonight then? Top three candidates go up and we vote for one of them?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Are we gonna run the FFA tonight then? Top three candidates go up and we vote for one of them?

Yeah looks like it, you got another house show?

Just to add, if so I want to set a deadline of 8pm to have them in. The top three candidates then have the floor for the final hour to defend themselves. No one says who they're voting for until after the lynch.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yeah looks like it, you got another house show?

No I'm out for an hour between 6 and 7 but should have ample time to catch up and collate before 8pm.

Hey Jake ! I've been the easy mark since day 0 when Isla took a tiny throw away remark and used it to back up her required accusation. When the wolves feel threatened they look for an easy mark. Confess! Roll over and let me tickle your belly, give up your cohorts and we'll lynch you last!

Hi Jake. I answered you ages ago and asked a question in return. Why the big... paws?

The sad thing is that when the game is over, I'll still be posting like this :( It's not an act. I repeat, I am not posting this way because the game dictates that I do it as part of a role or mechanic. I am simply not coping well and the best way to deal with it is to splurge it on the page

Mary, you’re coping perfectly. I can’t speak for anyone else but I find your posts hilarious :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I know two of the names on my FFA

Tegan, last night I'll admit I had my heckles up for seeming to nominate me out of nowhere. But I was joking at the time by accusing you as a wolf. Well, partly joking. You were either a wolf trying to manipulate the village with your naughty and nice lists, or you were a villager genuinely trying to do good, albeit in an ill-advised manner

Since then, however, others have called you out for the same, so now I know I wasn't been biased with my assumptions. And your private messages that seem to have disappeared in to thin air are very suspicious

I'm convinced that Mary is a new player, but I'm also convinced that her odd posting style makes her a wolf

3rd place, I don't see a lot to go on. Lots of little things people have done, but nothing to warrant a death-wish, I don't think. It's thin reasoning, but I'll go with Derry, for a lack of any FFAs and the apparent confusion of last night

Phil's #FFA3

Tegan
    Mary
    Derry

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

#FFA3

Tegan - trying to goad Frank. Even if Frank is a wolf, Tegan being antagonist.
    Riona - for reasons others have stated
    Barbara - because she is ignoring my questions and I think there was something with how she changed votes.

I’m sorry I haven’t been around today. This week was meant to be quiet in work but got unexpected overtime which I can’t turn down.

Just to add, if so I want to set a deadline of 8pm to have them in. The top three candidates then have the floor for the final hour to defend themselves. No one says who they're voting for until after the lynch.

Agreed. If someone does have access to lynch results this is the best way to go.

8 FFAs in.

Isla, Steve, Wendy, Angus, Mary, Doris, Liam and Phil.

Still waiting on Holly, Gabriel, Riona, Orla, Barbara, Tegan, Derry and Jake. Is that right? 16 people left? Have I left anyone out?

• Advertisement

8 FFAs in.

Isla, Steve, Wendy, Angus, Mary, Doris, Liam and Phil.

Still waiting on Holly, Gabriel, Riona, Orla, Barbara, Tegan, Derry and Jake. Is that right? 16 people left? Have I left anyone out?

I’m two posts up

Advertisement