Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep insurance for 17 year old

Options
  • 26-11-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’m 17 I have a full license and a trailer license and I need to get insured on my fathers Jeep which is a 3.0 landcrusier. The reason I need to get insured is for work i need it to tow our trailer for carrying tools and equipment. I never had insurance in my own name only on the mothers car when I first got my license in her name. The Jeep is open driven at the minute so anyone over 25 can drive it. His insurance policy is up next month and he tried to get me insured with the current insurer but they said the won’t insure under 25s on a commercial vehicle. His insurance last year was €800 for the year and it up to €1300 this year even tough he hasn’t had a accident in years. Do anyone here know any insurance company’s that will insure me I know I’ll have to ring around plan on doing that tomorrow but any company’s I should try first. Don’t think it’s impossible as there’s lads in the school I went to driving there fathers jeeps one lad driving land cruiser same as ours on a learner permit I’ll ask him who he’s insured with next time I see him. But any recommendations greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Fbd usually alright for young lads on commercial policys

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only way to know is to call all these and compare the policies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement