Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noticeboard API / SMS Solution

Options
  • 26-11-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

At the moment I have a wall mounted tablet in my kitchen. It serves as my own little "lifemanger" , I have a script running so that it rotates every 60seconds between news feed, weather, my luas stop live info and my bus stop live info.

I am looking to incorporate a noticeboard type script.

What I would like is the ability to create an environment where I can either SMS or Email a note to myself that appears on this additional web page in the above loop. The notes should have the ability to be dismissed via the tablet.

I don't want to sync with my smartphone calendar as this is largely work related.

So simply I want to SMS or email a to-do and for it to appear instantly on the above script. I want to be able to remove the note from the tablet with a quick swipe.

Any genius solutions ?

Aside from the possible costs of an sms gateway , I do not wish to subscribe to any services to implement the solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why reinvent the wheel? Use Google Keep would be my method.

Advertisement