Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Miike wrote: »
    You log in to check, emails do come but are often later.

Thanks Miike

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Surfergyal

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Could those who get round 0 offers please post their college offers and scores here so we can get an idea of the cut-offs? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

Surfergyal wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow everyone! Could those who get round 0 offers please post their college offers and scores here so we can get an idea of the cut-offs? Thanks!

Got Limerick on 58.
    First choice was UCD, then Limerick so we can assume UCD is minimum 58*.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Ul 57! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Indecisivegirl

Got UCC on 59, my first choice was UCD though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Rwalsh22

Got UCC at 61, cutoff probably a bit lower than that tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

I just emailed the CAO asking for minimum point cut offs-IDK if they will give them to me, but if they do I'll post them here straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Qoob

UCD but GAMSAT was high enough so probably not indicative of cutoffs, friend got UL at 59 ( edit: they didnt have UCC down)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Adreidphysio

UCD with 60! After all this work!! Delighted guys. Well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

UCC at 58!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 DANCER97

UCD with 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

UL with 57. Congrats to all

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

RCSI with 64 :) congrats to everyone and good luck to those hoping for Round 1 offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 seller285

Got UL at 56, congrats to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Adreidphysio

Congrats everyone. Any ideas when the cut offs are usually released?

Congrats everyone. Any ideas when the cut offs are usually released?

I saw in another thread from 2017 that the cut offs were available to view on the CAO website (media and statistics section) by about 10:30am the day offers were released so hopefully it's the same today. Sitting on 54 so hoping points come down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 summerstown

So I've got a score of 55 and really hoping to get UL. This morning my CAO profile says "no offers/acceptance to view at this time" so I assume this means I don't have enough points. Do we know when 2nd round offers for GEM will be? Is it Round One n 15th Aug...?? Do people think I stand a chance?? Would love to know cut off scores...

Just up on CAO:

University College Cork
    CK791 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    58*
    University College Dublin
    DN401 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    59*
    University of Limerick
    LM101 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    55*
    Royal College of Surgeons
    RC101 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    60*

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hughie101

I won't hold my breath for UL's cut-off to drop to 53 lol.

Is there a link to that on the CAO; I can't find the page? Thanks

• Advertisement

Is there a link to that on the CAO; I can't find the page? Thanks

I cant post links since I'm a new user but look for 'CAO ROUND ZERO 2018' pdf on google then change the 2018 in the url bar to 2019, that worked for me since I also couldn't find the page.

RCSI being 60* is a bit of a surprise but considering their EU intake is 30 compared to UCD's 77 means it makes sense I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

Surfergyal wrote: »
    Just up on CAO:

University College Cork
    CK791 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    58*
    University College Dublin
    DN401 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    59*
    University of Limerick
    LM101 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    55*
    Royal College of Surgeons
    RC101 Medicine - Graduate Entry
    60*
    Wonder what has caused RCSI to take over UCD in top spot?

Wonder what has caused RCSI to take over UCD in top spot?

I mentioned it up there, I think its because their intake is a fraction of the size of other Irish unis for EU students + they market better, they do have a tendency to drop down a full point though every year round 2 whereas UCD occasionally doesn't so they go back to being roughly equal for points every time.

Yeah I think the marketing may play a part, along with small class sizes, which was a big attraction for me. I went to their great open day and swapped it to my first choice (replacing UCD).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

Amongst an abundance of other things their building is incredibly impressive could easily sway anyone who is 50/50 between the Dublin colleges.

indiep wrote: »
    Amongst an abundance of other things their building is incredibly impressive could easily sway anyone who is 50/50 between the Dublin colleges.

It's absolutely gorgeous but apparently it's not used much for the GEM/GEP programme as it has its own separate campuses in sandyford and blanch, but you do have access to all their facilities and that building is for sure the best single building of any university in Ireland

Sandyford is no longer used for GEPs. All in new building/Mercer Building. According to open day and chats with current GEPs

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

Mercer for first year. All of second year fairly far out in blanch. They fail to mention that a lot tho, wonder whyy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Anyone got any plans accommodation wise for UL?
    Also is the whole iPad thing mandatory? Like I have an old iPad so obv don’t want to spend like 600 on another one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

@1direction dont bother with the ipad! Join the 2023 class on facebook and UL GEMS Housing Hunt

Advertisement